Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Error on Windows XP [VirtualMachine on Windows 10]

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! As I'm not an android user and this thing is a bit cheaper and much smaller than old routers; I bought it and made an XP VirtualMachine using Hyper-V according to https://www.sysnettechsolutions.com/en/install-windows-xp-in-hyper-v-manager/
But, upon inserting the CD, it gave an error of "You are using an incompatible operating system version." within the XP VirtualMachine... Help!
1703028909297.png

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just looked at the guide you used, it's probably because you're using a 64bit version of XP instead of 32bit.
you're so smart! I managed to start the Setup correctly with a 32bit Windows XP but it still won't detect that Wi-Fi USB... (I know how to make VM detect USB tho)
1703047852654.png
literally stuck at this

Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Attaching physical devices to virtual machines is kinda tricky and unstable.

VirtualBox sometimes did it for me. Sometimes not. A physical Windows XP machine is easier for such hardware – at least in my opinion.
Thanks to people's decadence XP compatible PCs have started to become rare – but not insanely rare. Not hard to pick up some older PC right now.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Attaching physical devices to virtual machines is kinda tricky and unstable.

VirtualBox sometimes did it for me. Sometimes not. A physical Windows XP machine is easier for such hardware – at least in my opinion.
Thanks to people's decadence XP compatible PCs have started to become rare – but not insanely rare. Not hard to pick up some older PC right now.

In terms of components, motherboards as late as Ivy Bridge such as my Asus P8Z77-V Pro still supported XP, although of course you need to slipstream AHCI drivers or use SATA legacy mode.

Alternatively, something like Proxmox might work if you pass through an entire USB PCIe card, at least the latter is what I do with Windows on my Unraid server.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
although of course you need to slipstream AHCI drivers
I'm too lazy for this and just press F6 on setup start and use a floppy disk for the drivers. :)

A physical XP computer is indispensable for me anyway. VMs are nice for quick tests and playing around but at some point they tend to make trouble -- like this thread shows.

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like it isnt attached to the VM then, looking around I'm not even sure it's possible with Hyper-V.

If so then something like Virtualbox may be better, although you need to install the extension pack:
https://www.makeuseof.com/windows-virtualbox-add-usb/
1703080892069.png
thanks so much! now I just need to learn how to use AltWFC... can't believe it worked!
Post automatically merged:

I'm too lazy for this and just press F6 on setup start and use a floppy disk for the drivers. :)

A physical XP computer is indispensable for me anyway. VMs are nice for quick tests and playing around but at some point they tend to make trouble -- like this thread shows.
which server do you suggest to use? WiiMiiFi or AltWFC?

Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto