Gaming Nintendo Video finally up for download in NA

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
got a notice last night, downloaded and 4 videos there. kind of dumb ones we need to load our own somehow. im in canada.

D

Deleted User

It says after a while old ones will be deleted while new ones download. Bummer I suppose... Just wonder how many one can keep.

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
Anyone not from USA was able to download videos, yet?
Yeah, I'm from Mexico and just watched Sunday Jog. It was... weird, BTW the second video is downloading right now.
Slow as heck, but they're downloading.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendoom said:
How do we watch them outside the US?

its very difficult, I just saw some posts here, the nintendo video app checks the IP and can see your region, if it isn´t from canada, US or mexico, then it won´t load anything...

the only way to make it is to do a DNS server and a HTTP server to download the videos, I´m trying to understand, but it seems to be trully difficult...

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Video

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish we can save these videos. Also, the Captain America trailer is messed up. It's supposed to be widescreen but displays as fullscreen so it's squished horizontally, and the sound is really low too. 3D effect is terrible just like in the Green Lantern trailer.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I wish we can save these videos. Also, the Captain America trailer is messed up. It's supposed to be widescreen but displays as fullscreen so it's squished horizontally, and the sound is really low too. 3D effect is terrible just like in the Green Lantern trailer.

It's funny you said that the Green Lantern trailer 3D is horrible, because me and all my friends thought so too. But the thing is, I think they totally fixed it with the Captain America trailer(odd resolution aside). The quality looked drastically better and the 3D looked like movie theater quality to me. The sound is horribly low, but I like the idea of this new software, a little extra thing to look forward to when I turn on my 3DS. Some pretty funny videos for Nintendo to start off with, was surprised they used the jogging video considering there was a scene with guns.

I'm happy with this software.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omgpwn666 said:
surprised they used the jogging video considering there was a scene with guns.
Um... why? After I think about it, Captain America had guns.

Btw It is blockzilla!!!
tongue.gif

I hope they don't use that odd resolution as standard. At least give us a choice.

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
omgpwn666 said:
I'm happy with this software.

Yeah...i would be happy with this software too...that is if im able to download these videos in my region!!! I really feel like giving Nintendo a Punch right now...All the region lock bullsh***
Ahem...plz excuse my language.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I think it is nifty, but I wish we could archive a select number of videos that we enjoy for later viewing when they aren't available anymore. The videos aren't stored as individual files for each one, but set up as volumes with each file roughly 52MB in size. Seems to me it is set up in a format like FIFO, where new content is added to the end of the list/volume (or creates new volumes at the end), and older content is discarded by deleting the beginning volumes that don't contain content still used.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
What everyone wanted:
- a YouTube app
- a video recording app

What we got:
- third way to play a few dull, Nintendo-selected videos which disappear after time and are only fucking available in selected countries, despite they are free

Good work Nintendo, I wish 3DS and Wii U flops so you could consider rethinking your "brilliant" online strategy...

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
At 1st when i heard about this Nintendo Video App i was rather excited and now it refuse to allow me to download any videos just because of where i live! I have paid a good 399SGD for this God Damn THING!
hate2.gif

Stop screwing everything up!
Just release a Video App to allow us to watch our own Videos already! Is this really so God Damn Difficult huh?

Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
pachura said:
What everyone wanted:
- a YouTube app
- a video recording app

What we got:
- third way to play a few dull, Nintendo-selected videos which disappear after time and are only fucking available in selected countries, despite they are free

Good work Nintendo, I wish 3DS and Wii U flops so you could consider rethinking your "brilliant" online strategy...

They're going to give that video recording app. Just in the near future.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
What everyone wanted:
- a YouTube app
- a video recording app

What we got:

A Youtube app is something people not only wanted recently, but also requires consent and collaboration with Google since they own Youtube. The Nintendo Video app was planned long before that.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pachura said:
What everyone wanted:
- a YouTube app
- a video recording app

What we got:

Are you still whining about that youtube? Good god man, atleast we have videos >.>

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought that the Nintendo Video software would work everywhere, just requiring you to set your region accordingly in the 3ds settings, but they are actually using your IP to filter the content based on your position. That's bad. Just lemme finish Master Quest and then I'll sell this thing.

zumbertinho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Please help, I'm from Brazil - I received the channel's icon automatically today, and it tells me to download the actual channel from the e-Shop... and a SpotPass notice too, saying that it was already available, but when I go to the e-Shop I can't find it anywhere. Why would they tell me to go to the e-Shop and put the channel wrapped as a gift in the main menu but not have it available to download in the e-Shop?? Is Nintendo just teasing/trolling me?? o.O

Anyone from other regions have this problem? It doesn't make sense, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1