Trophies
XP
Country
pachura said:
What everyone wanted:
- a YouTube app
- a video recording app

What we got:
- third way to play a few dull, Nintendo-selected videos which disappear after time and are only fucking available in selected countries, despite they are free

Good work Nintendo, I wish 3DS and Wii U flops so you could consider rethinking your "brilliant" online strategy...

who gives a flying F*ck about Youtube - its a piece of sh!t anyways.. got that sh!t on my phone...

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
somebody should post a spoofed DNS server for both Europe and NA, so that people can just set their connections to use that.

that should theoretically be possible, right?

so basically, it's like they'll be putting up proxy servers, and mirror the videos, and then region-blocked 3DSes would just connect to those instead. sounds like a lotta work, but technically possible, right? this would make a LOT of people happy, and would make region-specific videos accessible to ALL 3DSes as well.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Zantigo said:
Are you still whining about that youtube? Good god man, atleast we have videos.

At least we have videos ? I don't have any because "they are not available in my region".
And even if I went through the hassle of changing region, spoofing DNS and/or using anonymous proxy, I would get what ? Boring magic tricks & a few cartoons I didn't ask for...

YouTube has millions of millions of videos. YouTube is region free. YouTube videos do not disappear after time. You can share your videos freely on YouTube. YouTube has extremely varied content, from Sesame Street songs for preschool kids through music videos (both official & amateur) to sexy poledancing lessons. I cannot imagine ANY advantage of Nintendo's service over YT...

QUOTE(DiscostewSM @ Jul 23 2011, 04:30 PM) A Youtube app is something people not only wanted recently, but also requires consent and collaboration with Google since they own Youtube.

Not true. YouTube videos are published on the web, so they are explicitly made available to everyone. Does every company that design their own internet browser have to ask Google for permission to play YouTube videos ? No; you just connect to an URL, download/stream video file and play it.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferofax said:
somebody should post a spoofed DNS server for both Europe and NA, so that people can just set their connections to use that.

that should theoretically be possible, right?

so basically, it's like they'll be putting up proxy servers, and mirror the videos, and then region-blocked 3DSes would just connect to those instead. sounds like a lotta work, but technically possible, right? this would make a LOT of people happy, and would make region-specific videos accessible to ALL 3DSes as well.

I would love this could happen, any novel soul here? ... ... ... ...

PHALLIUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The videos were an awful roll-out of something that could have been special. They could have trailered a movie or something, but they had to come out with these "Mike and Spike" amateur animated shorts. First, we get these substandard game lineup (except for Zelda which came out later,) and then we get these cheesy videos. I feel like the whole 3DS thing is being handled in a unprofessional manner. Almost no forethought was put into WHY these videos would be good demos for the new 3DS videos. Nintendo puts out an incredible, mind-boggling product and they drop a big turd right on top of it! Makes no sense. Sorry, it's just my opinion. No need to get worked up fanboys. I love Nintendo,,,,I am just really disappointed in the roll-out of this amazing product.

elsparko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PHALLIUS said:
The videos were an awful roll-out of something that could have been special. They could have trailered a movie or something, but they had to come out with these "Mike and Spike" amateur animated shorts. First, we get these substandard game lineup (except for Zelda which came out later,) and then we get these cheesy videos. I feel like the whole 3DS thing is being handled in a unprofessional manner. Almost no forethought was put into WHY these videos would be good demos for the new 3DS videos. Nintendo puts out an incredible, mind-boggling product and they drop a big turd right on top of it! Makes no sense. Sorry, it's just my opinion. No need to get worked up fanboys. I love Nintendo,,,,I am just really disappointed in the roll-out of this amazing product.

i gotta say, you took the words right out of my mouth.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
PHALLIUS said:

Either you don't have a 3DS, or you didn't bother to even check the Nintendo Video app, because Captain America says hi.

Anyways, this is something that was just released. More will come. Considering the fact that they had a video from CollegeHumor is a good sign of the kind of content to come.

PHALLIUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
[quote
Either you don't have a 3DS, or you didn't bother to even check the Nintendo Video app, because Captain America says hi.

Anyways, this is something that was just released. More will come. Considering the fact that they had a video from CollegeHumor is a good sign of the kind of content to come.

I honestly don't know anything about Captain American....did I miss something? I'm in America, not Europe. I'll go check my 3DS for more stuff. I do have a 3DS...everyone responded pretty much echoed my concerns. I hope you're right about the humor. It can only get better, right?

PHALLIUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiscostewSM said:
[quote

I honestly don't know anything about Captain American....did I miss something? I'm in America, not Europe. I'll go check my 3DS for more stuff. I do have a 3DS...everyone responded pretty much echoed my concerns. I hope you're right about the humor. It can only get better, right?
blink.gif

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed this. Since the Nintendo video came out I no longer get updates for my Pokedex. Only had bout 12 more to get.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
lol

There's a new video -- Smurfs movie trailer. Great.

Watching now.

Edit: Not bad at all. It stealth downloaded too!
Edit2: Interesting note, it deletes the Captain America Trailer!
Better leave your Wifi off if you still want to watch it.
tongue.gif
Yes it does, but I like how the new one fills up the whole screen.

It had some 3D,but I have a feeling that this was a quick 3D conversion.

Other words doesn't show how truly the 3D will look in the theaters.

phantastic91

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the smurf trailer was an improvement over captain america since it actually covers the screen.
but the 3d isn't good. the movie was made in 3d. was this trailer a 2d trailer converted for 3ds?

edit: I knew something was bugging my eye when i watched this trailer. one image going to your eye is brighter than the other image. wonder why...you can easily notice this on a black screen on the smurfs trailer. close one eye and switch to see the difference. one eye looks like yellowish color you get when you turn down the slider. it has a weird affect. it doesn't bother me when there's color, but i can feel it when it gets dark.

3ds is more capable than this. is this what we're going to expect with 3ds trailer? quick cheap conversions T_T. captain america suck and this does too. but its free you say and i shouldn't complain? well im sure they paid for the advertisement AND i was hoping that the trailers would give a good indication of how the 3d is in the movie so that I may check it out. so far this doesn't help at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: