Nintendo unveils its new fitness game 'Ring Fit Adventure'

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Sep 12, 2019.

1. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    In front of my Computer
    On one side of gaming we have awesome stuff like VR, on the other side Nintendo comes out with fucking shit like this . . .
    Yeah . . .
    Oh and when i mean VR i mean real VR, oculus Rift + Touch, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive not phone in your face garbage lol

Xzi likes this.
  2. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    When will Nintendo learn that motion controls don't work outside VR?

3. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Naaaa thanx what a load of ballix . I have a fine fit ring as it is thank you very much .

I can see it now ringury department in A & E.

4. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I bet this will sell as well as Labo kits in my store. Hint: we've sold a grand total of 2 Labo kits since launch.

5. Epps

Epps Member

Newcomer
    Aug 27, 2019
    United Kingdom
    That RPG should have been Pokemon based

6. HarvHouHacker

HarvHouHacker GBAtemp's "Official" Wii Rock Band Hacker

Mar 24, 2019
    United States
    Right here on good ol' planet Earth!
    I was picturing more of a successor to Wii Fit U, not an adventure game. Then again, Iwata would have liked this. It combines entertainment to physical well-being, which was one of Iwata's goals. If I conceded to buy a Switch, this would be in my top ten to get.

...But I still refuse to buy. Haters gonna hate. Deal with it. :glare:

7. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Those thinking of pirating this here's the solution go to shop pick up box run around for 2 mins in the shop yep you've saved 80 dollars :D

8. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    Reminds me of some kinect crap, uh

9. Boostnek9

Boostnek9 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2017
    Belize
    LOL people strapping controllers to their legs. This looks stupid

Subtle Demise likes this.
  10. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Nope it's called imagination

11. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 21, 2006
    I wonder if Nintendo will shoehorn this controller to mainstream games like they tried with Labo

12. DANTENDO

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I'm sure sega working with nintendo to make a game called sonic rings fit

13. HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17 Hiya!

Jul 1, 2015
    Canada
    Price?

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I'll most likely buy this game (retail obviously). all of my games are digital, but considering the use of the ring con and leg strap, I'm guessing it won't be digital or maybe it will if you want to buy that stuff separately. I could stand to lose a few more pounds. right now, I'm at the weight I was when I was really buff, exercising nearly every day, but I've lost a lot of muscle and fat after having quit drinking over a year ago.

15. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    For the record, they do include calories intake and miles ran for every levels, plus time it took to complete. There's also quick mode for those who don't want to play the games.

It's still a fitness game. You want to exercise while doing all those RPG busywork?

Taleweaver likes this.
  16. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Encouraging gamers to get off their asses is never a bad thing, but what Nintendo still hasn't learned is that not everything needs to be a completely original concept. I would have much preferred if they had just funded a DDR Zelda/Metroid/Kirby Mix instead, or even DDR Mario Mix 2. Any of those I would buy with a new dance pad on day one. This? Maybe I'll pick it up when it hits the bargain bin for $20 or less.

Last edited by Xzi, Sep 13, 2019
  17. Kurt91

Kurt91 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 9, 2012
    United States
    Newport, WA
    Absolutely! For the kind of people who would buy a game to try and make exercise enjoyable, the trick is to make the best damned game that you can so that people forget that they're actually exercising. Haven't you ever gotten into a really good game, and realize when you finally turn it off that you've been playing for hours and didn't even realize it? Now imagine that, but throw a workout into the mix. Best case scenario, you've got people who usually lead mostly sedentary lifestyles playing multi-hour exercise sessions and loving every second of it, going for these exercise sessions every single day. Personally, I would love a past-time where I can fully fail to notice the exercise I'm getting in, and the eventual absolute ecstasy and sheer shock at suddenly realizing that my clothes are too big for me.

Come to think of it, if you were to make an exercise game that was absolutely enjoyable as a game itself, it might be a good idea to make the usual fitness tracking screen an unlockable after so many hours of play. Imagine a lengthy game session, and suddenly getting a bit of a surprise when you find out that you've put in something like twenty hours of exercise over the span of a week without even noticing it. That would absolutely cement the game as a daily routine, since it's getting a lot of good done without feeling like work.

Last edited by Kurt91, Sep 13, 2019
    MagnesG likes this.
  18. Worldblender

Worldblender Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    United States
    $79.99, for the boxed set containing the special accessories.

HaloEffect17 likes this.
  19. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    ring SHit adventure

Subtle Demise likes this.
  20. alivebacon

alivebacon GBAtemp Regular

Jan 20, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Spiral Mountain
    Isn't it very possible to accidentally drop it and break your Joycons?

21. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 28, 2015
    Yea because people actually play tabletop mode over docked.

Nintendo fanboys need to admit when nintendo fuck up.

Theirs loads of points that they advertise its games which the poor thought design of the lite model fucks up.

Every nintendo switch advert you see, claims multiplayer, fun, all that shit.

Yup kiss that bye bye now.

Ohh yea sorry its now ok to be forced to buy extra controllers when the joycons nintendo bragged how they could be used as individual controllers.