Nintendo unveils its new fitness game 'Ring Fit Adventure'

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    Because Wii Fit sold 22 million copies

AlexMCS, Pleng, IncredulousP and 7 others like this.
  2. toxic9

toxic9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 13, 2016
    Another good Mario/Zelda game will sell 3x that money...

3. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Noticing, aloof from it all
    And now there's positive comments, really hilarious and goes to show how quick people judge things. xD

Tarmfot and Dartz150 like this.
  4. kernelPANIC

kernelPANIC GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2005
    Japan
    Tokyo
    She has some really scary eyes/gaze and he seems to have been assembled in some sort of robot factory...

Epps likes this.
  5. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    Ok but is there a Wii Fit Trainer costume?

6. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    I definitely need to exercise more often than I do. Workouts are difficult and boring to me. Maybe this would help give me more of an incentive to. The workouts look fairly advance and useful. My family would definitely make fun of me endlessly for it though so maybe not.

Dartz150 and Codemastershock like this.
  7. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Your logic is incorrect I feel, why can't it be more than one thing, ps4 and xbox are, they have access to streaming sites and have built in Web browsers

Tarmfot, AlexMCS, DuoForce and 3 others like this.
  8. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Mostly because Wii Fit sold well and parents don't want their kids to be fat?

Rail Fighter and DuoForce like this.
  9. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Inb4 she's in smash

10. Worldblender

Worldblender Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2019
    United States
    If somehow I managed to get this game by itself, is it possible that I can play without the special accessories, or are those accessories mandatory?
    If not that I can play with just Joy-cons, I already do a considerable amount of walking on most days every week.

Last edited by Worldblender, Sep 12, 2019
  11. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 28, 2015
    Nintendo need to make note

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH NINTENDO SWITCH LITE, the switch that replaces the 3ds even tho nintendo said the switch will not be a replacement of the 3ds.

Silent_Gunner and DuoForce like this.
  12. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    It's compatible with Switch Lite but you have to buy 2 joycons

Silent_Gunner and DuoForce like this.
  13. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    This thing looks so gay. It looks worse than Labo or any of the plastic hunks of crap shat out during the Wii era.

14. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Nov 27, 2013
    Italy
    THIS IS A GOOD INCENTIVE TO move gamers' lazy ass!
    Now you won't have excuse!

DuoForce likes this.
  15. Dartz150

Dartz150 Hat Gurl Official Fan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    Under your bed
    I didn't knew that making exercise in a fun/different way turned you gay, please explain me what research have you made to reach that conclusion. :unsure:

16. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    Welp, Now my wallet is crying.

17. Graxer

Graxer Member

Newcomer
    May 23, 2016
    Another reason, on top of what everyone else has said, is that it sells even more switch consoles to the casual market. Mario and Zelda games are aimed at other markets. Whether it is your kind of thing or not, it is a good business decision to aim at the casual market and is the reason the Wii massively outsold the 360 and PS3 despite being underpowered by comparison. Also, people who buy the Switch initially for casual games will, in many cases, decide to give games like Mario and Zelda a go and Nintendo will sell even more of those!

There is no question that it was a good decision for Nintendo, and in my opinion it looks fantastic.

Last edited by Graxer, Sep 12, 2019
    Tarmfot and Xabring like this.
  18. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    You're judging without basis. This actually looks really cool

DuoForce and Dartz150 like this.
  19. proffk

proffk GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Just like those youtube videos where people go to thrift stores for retro games only to find tons of wii fit boards for $5. This garbage will be the next thing

20. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I honestly can't say how this will turn out. From the trailer, it mostly looks like a bunch of wii(u) fit minigames stringed together. My guess is that the people wanting to play an RPG will find the fitness exercices tedious whereas the fitness enthusiasts will be annoyed if they can't play the exercises they want, won't be able to track things like what they achieved, how much calories and which muscles were tracked, and so on. So in theory, this seems like something that will fall between two audiences (and really pleasing neither). Then again...this is nintendo. They've made weirder stuff work. So...could be interesting.

(but really: why not bring back the wii balance board? Most fitness gamers will already have the thing, so it's just a matter of figuring out on how to connect it to this new console)

You do know that 22 million is a pretty high number for potential video game sales, right? :unsure:

If not: 22 million potential sales is a pretty high number. Even if you or me aren't among those customers, that's still a very good reason to make this game.