Nintendo unveils its new fitness game 'Ring Fit Adventure'

SQ_NSwitch_RingFitAdventure.jpg
Teased last week was what appeared to be the Nintendo Switch's version of the Wii Fit fitness game, and today the Big N finally unveiled details regarding this game titled Ring Fit Adventure.

Rather than being another fitness app, Ring Fit Adventure employs RPG elements to help you get in shape! Players will explore the game's world while battling monsters using real-life fitness exercises! Bundled with the game are the new Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessories which detect and measure the player’s real-world movements and turn them into in-game actions, like jogging in place to move your character through the world using the attached Leg Strap, or squeezing the Ring-Con and turning that strength exercise into a powerful attack. The Leg Strap is attached to the player’s upper left leg, while the Ring-Con is held in both hands. The Ring-Con is a flexible electronic device that provides resistance, and features a sensor that detects exertion and reacts to changes.

By playing the game daily, players regularly work out various parts of their bodies. The title will also feature additional mini-games and workout routines and will allow players to tune the activities to their skill and desired intensity.

bundle.jpg

Accompanying this worldwide announcement, Nintendo also released a new video giving us a closer look at what to expect from the game:

If you want a more detailed explanation, in written form, of how the game works, you can check out this excerpt from the official press release:

Ring Fit Adventure turns a typical adventure game on its head as players squat, press and flex their way through challenges designed for a wide range of body types and levels of fitness experience. To play the game, players attach the Joy-Con controllers from their Nintendo Switch system to the included accessories – one to the Ring-Con and one to the Leg Strap. The Leg Strap is attached to the player’s upper left leg, while the Ring-Con is held in both hands. The Ring-Con is a flexible electronic device that provides resistance, and features a sensor that detects exertion and reacts to changes. Ring Fit Adventure can be tailored to the player’s level of skill, so even if players don’t have experience with fitness, they can adjust the exercise intensity to suit their ability. This will let them continue every day at an activity level that’s comfortable for them.
aunches at retail on 18th October, and includes the game plus the Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessories.
The Adventure mode featured in Ring Fit Adventure takes place in a colourful world where adventure meets fitness. To travel through more than 20 different worlds in the game, players jog in place to move forward, using the Ring-Con accessory to perform different in-game actions, like jumping, hovering in mid-air, or steering a raft on a river. Along the way, enemies will appear, ready for battle. Players can attack and defend using more than 40 Fit Skills, which are exercise moves divided into arms, abs, legs and yoga categories. The game provides direction to players about how to perform the exercise correctly, with proper form and posture dealing more damage to enemies. Every action that the player performs in-game will earn experience for their in-game character, with level-ups boosting stats and unlocking new Fit Skills that can be used in battle. Adventure mode is designed as a natural way to motivate players to keep playing and exercising regularly, progressing through the game world while also levelling up their real-world fitness.

Outside of the main adventure, Quick Play mode is a great way to enjoy Ring Fit Adventure in shorter bursts, allowing players to jump in and out of play. This lets everyone enjoy a quick workout in different ways, like taking turns with friends and family in mini-games to compete for high scores. Mini-games cover a wide range of activities, from breaking boxes with gusts of air triggered by the Ring-Con to shaping pottery by performing squats.

Other modes like Simple and Sets offer additional ways to work out. “Simple” lets players choose exercises they want to work on, and perform them individually. High scores are recorded so everyone can challenge their personal bests. “Sets” provide linked sequences of different exercises designed around a theme or a particular body part. This mode is a great way to target a muscle group the player wants to improve, like legs, shoulders, lower body or core. The game even includes a “Silent” mode for people who live in an upstairs apartment or don’t want to make a lot of noise. By activating this mode, jogging-style exercises are swapped out for ones that are a little quieter, allowing players to keep their legs active without a heavy impact on the floor.

Ring Fit Adventure is a new type of adventure game coming to Nintendo Switch, which uses unique accessories that detect and measure the player’s real-world movements and turn them into in-game actions.

Ring Fit Adventure launches this 18th October, and includes the game plus the Ring-Con and Leg Strap accessories.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It looks quite entertaining, is not a bland app and overall it looks great!
I exercise every day, but there comes a time when it becomes boring and empty, and I can safely say that many of the exercises shown in the video really help to keep you fit, so I can see how this will become an excellent way to exercise, and what an original way of doing it.

I had my doubts at first but you managed to convince me Nintendo, I will buy it as soon as it comes out.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awful idea

You better elaborate on that, since me and many who knows how these routines work find this as and excellent idea, also it will help to make many lazy ass people and people like me who find it somewhat boring and dull, to do actual exercise from home.

Last edited by DSoryu,

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Consoles are gaming machines, not fitness machines.
I don't get the idea why they love to mix the two concepts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\