Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol, this is only because R4 was the most publicized.

Lucky for me I have a DSTT and EZ V
yaynds.gif

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It wouldn't be Nintendo itself doing the raids, more like if they organize police to [help them] do it, but they can't because it's not all just at one place and the police probably don't care.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zerotance said:
Believe it or not but nintendo have a flashcard of them own - the ds vision and they are making their own go on top.
i just took a quick peep at the website. and its pretty much a flashcart, except i think you have to pay to download the games
which means its just like buying the games except you get to keep them in a flashcart. i doubt they'll make much money since you can (currently) get the games free

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
xJonny said:
It wouldn't be Nintendo itself doing the raids, more like if they organize police to [help them] do it, but they can't because it's not all just at one place and the police probably don't care.
And most of the flashcart teams are in China... Now how are they gonna get help from China/Chinese police like the first 1/2 times they raided?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Also, who or what are they filing the lawsuit against exactly?

If it's just the R4, other flashcards will fill the gap, and the R4 is already stopping production.

IHN02

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lol @ companies fighting piracy. They'll never stop it, hell they'll never make a dent in it.

You guys want to make money off your product? Here's how you do it. Use in-game advertising and distribute the game for FREE via the Internet. We'll buy your official flashcart (since nothing will compare quality wise) and watch the intro about how TWEWY 2 is brought to us by Pepsi and see a few Mercedes-Benz posters in Shibuya. This will curb piracy, put money in your pockets and lower the damn production budget of games. When did every new title need to cost $10 million again? Graphics and celebrity voice actors? Mmhmm.

The Internet is here and everyone can use it. Get with the times, Nintendo/Square/etc, we have.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lulz and a half...The R4'S have been around way longer then when Nintendo "just" decided to take action. And they think their so cool. I bet you Nintendo bribed all those companies to fight with them, that's one reason their loosing money, their giving it to those companies. I just wanted to say good luck to Nintendo...Good luck trying to find those millions of flashcart owners around the world. Good luck trying to stop the companies, and good luck trying to fight this, because honestly, you will NEVER succeed in this "action"of yours,

Lol, I know Nintendo isn't reading this, but you never know, someone who works at Nintendo might come across this.

I own an EDGE, bought it 2 months ago, glad I got one of the better flashcarts. Although there hasn't been a firmware release from them in a while...wonder if they got caught or something. But yeah,

Here's a solution though Nintendo, STOP MAKING GAMES SO DAMN PRICEY. I swear, the cheapest and dumbest games are expensive to. If Nintendo would just, let's see, maybe, make games such as the upcoming AC:CF, and price them $30, of course people would buy it. When you price something at a low price, then double the people will buy it, and you would get more money. Nintendo is so mean to us owners, it's pretty sad that homebrewers have to waste half their life making a program for the wii that Nintendo should of implanted, such as a media player.

But whatever, that's just my thought on things, I went from R4 to Wii o.O, lol

caffolote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty stupid, and not to mention most of the other DS flashcarts are made in Hong Kong, right? If this keeps on going, do you think the price of flashcarts will rise up?

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time reader, 2nd time poster-

Sorry, but I think it makes complete sense for Nintendo (or any company really) to try to fight against piracy and possible infringement of copyrights...

However! I do agree with the (seemingly) majority of posters here, that game prices, and the lack of alternatives (super-quality flashcart with download service by Nintendo, with full support from 3rd-parties? Or even discounts for hardware upfrades, contingent on trade-ins or something? That really Would be awesome) make it seem a little ...well, not 'petty', but something along the lines of that.

Of course, there is the whole, "well...I can still Download it, so why pay for anything other than hardware?"-crowd, so...how should/could Nintendo respond to them?

...where was I going with any of this? Oh yeah- Nintendo making claims about the 'industry' being hurt? Uh...no. According to any wikipedia-based understanding of copyright law (distribution, mostly?), and laws for corporations, they really don't need such weird, vague claims of industries and progress being hurt- they are losing potential money. That's it! Don't hide it, because ...well, it's really just not hidden too well, and we're all Plenty aware that you're a giant corporation.

Okay, back to actual work.

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Here's a solution though Nintendo, STOP MAKING GAMES SO DAMN PRICEY. I swear, the cheapest and dumbest games are expensive to. If Nintendo would just, let's see, maybe, make games such as the upcoming AC:CF, and price them $30, of course people would buy it. When you price something at a low price, then double the people will buy it, and you would get more money. Nintendo is so mean to us owners, it's pretty sad that homebrewers have to waste half their life making a program for the wii that Nintendo should of implanted, such as a media player.

But whatever, that's just my thought on things, I went from R4 to Wii o.O, lol

It's a lot more complicated than that.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IHN02 said:
lol @ companies fighting piracy. They'll never stop it, hell they'll never make a dent in it.

You guys want to make money off your product? Here's how you do it. Use in-game advertising and distribute the game for FREE via the Internet. We'll buy your official flashcart (since nothing will compare quality wise) and watch the intro about how TWEWY 2 is brought to us by Pepsi and see a few Mercedes-Benz posters in Shibuya. This will curb piracy, put money in your pockets and lower the damn production budget of games. When did every new title need to cost $10 million again? Graphics and celebrity voice actors? Mmhmm.

The Internet is here and everyone can use it. Get with the times, Nintendo/Square/etc, we have.
Seldom do I find anything more annoying than in-game advertising.

Mogle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they got teamcyclops!!! Take a look at their site www.teamcyclops.com and also try going to their forums!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV