Nintendo Switch gets a burglar alarm app

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Reminds me of some toys I had as a kid, at least it’s more creative than a calculator app,

honestly I think it'd be cool to see a (free/hypercheap) app that turns your switch into a Chromecast receiver. Also, I think the Switch should be able to cast YouTube (via the YouTube app) to another display (such as a Chromecast) when the switch is in handheld mode. The layback interface of YTonTV just isn't good for handheld mode, either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, if there can be a bajillion AirPlay receiver apps for your Fire TV, there can be a single Chromecast receiver app for your Switch.

IIRC the reason why third party CC apps are rare is because Google keeps changing things, while besides Airplay 2, Apple has done little.

That said, I’m surprised by the lack of Netflix and Prime video support on the Switch

If they added these and USB media playback, the Switch would replace my Fire Stick on holiday.

USB media is less expected, but Netflix and Prime are relatively common enough that their absence is surprising.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they should've put in a geo locater if your switch gets stollen you can "soft brick" (via a PC/Mac) your switch with an alert"this switch is stolen" simmilar to idevices and it would make a factory reset (even in recovery mode) impssiable (you can always deactivate the lock when found or returned

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
they should've put in a geo locater if your switch gets stollen you can "soft brick" (via a PC/Mac) your switch with an alert"this switch is stolen" simmilar to idevices and it would make a factory reset (even in recovery mode) impssiable (you can always deactivate the lock when found or returned
Plus maybe like Google's Find My Device for android, you could ask google/alexa/siri (bleh) "Where's my Switch?" to make it ring/vibrate connected joycons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.