Nintendo Switch gets a burglar alarm app

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
beametw23-1280x720.jpg
The company that made the calculator app for the Nintendo Switch (https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-nintendo-switch-is-getting-a-10-calculator-app.588367/unread) Sabec has decided to develop a burglary app for the Nintendo Switch releasing later this week. They call the app "Spy Alarm". Here's how it works. The app wants you to detach a joycon and put it in a protected area, then the burglar picks it up it causes for it to make a variety of different sounds. If the user does not have that option, it makes the joycon create an invisible tripwire, if broken, an alarm sound will play. The app will release for $9.99
:arrow:Source https://www.slashgear.com/nintendo-switch-gets-a-neat-little-burglar-alarm-24674226/

Last edited by Deleted member 546149,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
lmao, this is basically "Here thief, here I am! Now you know my location, steal me too!!"

A better idea is to silently record video when the "tripwire" is activated. I've always wanted to know what mischief my cats do when I leave. :ninja:
So basically just get a Wyze cam, the sense starter pack, and set it up so that when the cam or motion sensor see something move, start recording. Can't record for very long, though...

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
"oooh, free switch"
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP
WiiMiiSwitch: Wait Silent Gunner why are you here?
Silent Gunner: Uh uh uh
WiiMiiSwitch : WAIT WERE YOU TRYING TO ROB ME
Silent Gunner: :rofl2: You're such a loser Polly
WiiMiiSwitch: I'm calling the cops
"cops arrive"
Cop 1: How are you all doing?
Silent Gunner: HE STOLE MY SWITCH
WiiMiiSwitch :WAIT WHAT?
Cop 1: YOUR COMING WITH US MS.POCKET
WiiMiiSwitch:NO!!!
Cop 2: Hey I found a drug addict who's also a fugitive that calls themselves Big Wii Ner
Cop 1:YOUR BOTH GOING TO JAIL
Silent Gunner: Buh Bye Polly

Last edited by Deleted member 546149,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
honestly I think it'd be cool to see a (free/hypercheap) app that turns your switch into a Chromecast receiver. Also, I think the Switch should be able to cast YouTube (via the YouTube app) to another display (such as a Chromecast) when the switch is in handheld mode. The layback interface of YTonTV just isn't good for handheld mode, either.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, if there can be a bajillion AirPlay receiver apps for your Fire TV, there can be a single Chromecast receiver app for your Switch.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That picture makes it look as if it turns your switchcon in a nerdy lightsaber.

Wait: make that "an even nerdier lightsaber". :P

More serious: I'm always amazed at how gullible people are when it comes to protection. I've seen internet security camera's operating without even the barebones of protection, insurance policies that basically come down to "just pay us something each month" and all sorts of security gadgets that won't stand up to any sort of critical thinking.

This really falls in that latter category. My prediction is that this'll be used for all sorts of pranks (aim it at the entrance corridor and have a running camera standby for when someone's going to get startled by it), inhouse big brother actions (mom points it at the refrigerator when she suspects dad's going for midnight snacks) and being mean to household pets (the thing aimed at cat entrances/exits). But when it comes to catching burglars? No way anyone is going to charge up their joycon each and every day to put it in a good position each and every night. And even if they are such freaks that they won't forget it (though common sense says otherwise), you can bet that the sound isn't hard enough or just gets ignored (I don't want to know how many false positives this thing'll give) while the burglar just steals the damn thing in a matter of seconds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ