Nintendo Switch firmware update 9.2.0 released

nintendo-switch-3-656x369.jpg

Hey hey, it's time for the first stability update of the year. The Nintendo Switch has just received a firmware update, which brings the console to FW version 9.2.0. Per usual, this is a minor update that officially only offers the typical system stability improvements, with SciresM mentioning that the changes in this firmware are "completely trivial", with a compatible Atmosphere update due later tonight.

Ver. 9.2.0 (Released March 2, 2020)
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it wasn't Team Ninja. It was actually devs from 2 or 3 different locations across the world which is weird. Team Ninja is working on Nioh 2 on PS4, or I should say were it's about to out in like 10 days.. But they did do Other M.

Jatsotserah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are we arguing about Metroid or sharing info about the released firmware?
Can somebody share how it goes to update the sysnand, having the eMMC?

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we arguing about Metroid or sharing info about the released firmware?
Can somebody share how it goes to update the sysnand, having the eMMC?

Oh my goodness excuse me for interupting your entire world by talking about Metroid for a few posts. I am so sorry.

Last edited by JayMathis,

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would old sigpatches on the latest atmosphere prevent the already working games from running? I've made backups of my game carts and want them to still work after updating Atmosphere and the system firmware in emunand.

It is incredibly easy to update patches. Just go to the sweet Atmosphere patches thread and download them when they're up and apply them. 1/10 difficult nothing to worry about chillax.

You know you don't HAVe to update to 9.2 like today? Wait until some games require it there's no rush.

Last edited by JayMathis,
Reactions: HaloEffect17

Jatsotserah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would old sigpatches on the latest atmosphere prevent the already working games from running? I've made backups of my game carts and want them to still work after updating Atmosphere and the system firmware in emunand.
It is recommended to us the appropriate patches for each version. In the case of updating, better wait until it is mandatory for eMMC.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's odd about this update is that my switch didn't even mention it. it was only after checking for updates did it find anything. I even signed into the eshop.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol...the stability jokes are always a classic. last time I updated, the speakers made a weird noise. this update went through without a hitch.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
pretend this was some really creative stability joke

Not possible. There's no such thing. Even unfunny ones stopped even being clever years ago. Looks like nobody has thus far told the rest of the posters in this and every single other update thread ever, though

Last edited by Pleng,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Balls