Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been banned without doing anything regarding hacking online?

Obviously turning on airplane mode before booting into OFW.
And clearing logs before booting into OFW.
But also keeping all hacked content (games, updates, dlc, etc) on SD and removing it before booting into OFW.
Not doing any updates to hacked content whether it be in OFW or CFW.
By extension this means not utilizing DevMenu (I believe SX OS is working on an offline installation?).

I'm operating under these rules with the hope that there will be a way to repack xci files on PC with any updates/dlc in the future.
I would say that updating backups officially is safer than using DevMenu. I don't ask people if they have tried removing all of their stuff from their SD before booting into OFW so its the only thing I'm unsure of properly mitigates ban risk or not. Its acknowledged as one of the potential questions because I'm not sure if it is good or not yet.

Saiylem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say that updating backups officially is safer than using DevMenu. I don't ask people if they have tried removing all of their stuff from their SD before booting into OFW so its the only thing I'm unsure of properly mitigates ban risk or not. Its acknowledged as one of the potential questions because I'm not sure if it is good or not yet.

I've heard people go both ways on how they update, but I don't recall ever coming across a post describing no updates period to hacked content (in conjunction with everything else; there's always been one form or another of online+something to do with hacks)- which I thought was kind of odd, so it's entirely possible I just missed something somewhere.

Last edited by Saiylem,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard people go both ways on how they update, but I don't recall ever coming across a post describing no updates period to hacked content (in conjunction with everything else; there's always been one form or another of online+something to do with hacks)- which I thought was kind of odd, so it's entirely possible I just missed something somewhere.
There is only one person who fits the criteria and his name is yogaswarap

Saiylem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is only one person who fits the criteria and his name is yogaswarap

Did a search for him and found his post. Interesting to see he received an error code that Nintendo doesn't acknowledge on their site.

Though I noticed another post right next to it by SkittleDash that also had a complete disconnect between online services and hacks- while also using an offline account for said hacks. The post mentioned that at least locally, there's no game history recorded for the NID'less account, so there seems to be some differences.
They hadn't been banned at the time of the post, and I didn't see any newer posts stating a change to that.

I haven't actually started any backups yet to create any saved data so I'm gonna go ahead and add that to my list as well.

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
this has probably been asked, I want to minimize ban chances as much as possible.

I have sx os, before running it i removed my internet settings and dumped my rawnand.
if i, never go online, and then in the future restore my nand, will there be any traces left?

Do i need to dump the boot files, as i only have my 29.1gb rawnand, or is it too late now ive already ran xcis

Saiylem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this has probably been asked, I want to minimize ban chances as much as possible.

I have sx os, before running it i removed my internet settings and dumped my rawnand.
if i, never go online, and then in the future restore my nand, will there be any traces left?

Do i need to dump the boot files, as i only have my 29.1gb rawnand, or is it too late now ive already ran xcis

I believe the boot files are only to remove AutoRCM if you ever install that feature.

Not sure about the NAND, but even after a restore there will still be some trace of the games you played tied to the profile you used, as evident by the gameplay history seen if you click on your profile in the Switch.
As I noted above, using an account not tied to a Nintendo ID has been found to -appear- to prevent that specific form of logging, but to what extent (and if it even matters) is unknown.

mr_saturn

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I believe the boot files are only to remove AutoRCM if you ever install that feature.

Not sure about the NAND, but even after a restore there will still be some trace of the games you played tied to the profile you used, as evident by the gameplay history seen if you click on your profile in the Switch.
As I noted above, using an account not tied to a Nintendo ID has been found to -appear- to prevent that specific form of logging, but to what extent (and if it even matters) is unknown.

After a NAND restore the switch will have no record of the games played. Like, if you were to create a NAND backup with Profile A set up, then remove that profile and set up Profile B, jump into SX OS do whatever you want, then restore your NAND backup it'll boot up and Profile A will still be set up. There's nothing on the switch at that point to indicate you did anything otherwise.

Mu20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ban? N
SX used? Y
SX used while online? Y
Played SX Backups online? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.0
Non-TX Layered FS Used? Y
Non-TX Layered FS Used while online? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you go online w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
CDN Downloading? N
Backups updated? N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y (FTPD, NX-Shell)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? TX
Did you update your firmware without burning fuses? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device? Y

Console/Account Region(s): EU, with EU, NA and JP accounts
Trimmed .XCI? Y

Reactions: Draxzelex
D

Deleted User

Ban? Y
SX used? Y
SX used while online? Y
If Yes, do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.0-1.3
Non-TX Layered FS Used? N

Used DevMenu? Y
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you go online w/ any .NSP installed? Y
CDN Downloading? N
Backups updated? CFW/OFW/ Both
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Used hekate with the all sdfiles github package to test homebrew, crashed while changing retroarch emulation settings
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? TX/Hekate? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Y: 5.1.0
Airplane mode? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N

Console/Account Region(s) Europe
Trimmed .XCI? Y, Some

Additional Comments:

I believe the culprit of my ban was devmenu, I got banned a few days after using it to install NSP, and updating the NSP games(in OFW)
I wondered if updating nsp in ofw would trigger ban. So far I've installed and played NSPs and dlc airplane mode in SXOS. I've then deleted the game and dlc before going online ofw. So far no ban

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

update on my side, i posted before (was using phone to type, and using phone now too).

so i wont be able to go too specific, anyways i previously had run HB etc. on my 3.0 switch.

got tx os and updated to the latest fw, updated my xci files from the OFW and tried eshop after a week and still works just fine.

i put my switch on airplane on cfw, and recently i installed some nsp backups through devmenu.

and i updated a nsp game earlier through OFW and it updated fine, was curious if id get banned so i checked the eshop, and it opened up fine.

so far still not banned.
Any update on this? I have devmenu and installed games haven't been online with the games installed. I uninstall nsps before going online

derthomas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ban? N
SX used? Y
SX used while online? Y
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.3
Non-TX Layered FS Used? N

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you go online w/ any .NSP installed? N
CDN Downloading? N
Backups updated? Y
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Airplane mode? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y

Console/Account Region(s): EU
Trimmed .XCI? Y

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Backups updated? Y
Did either of you have any of your certificates banned? Basically, did you see error code 2124-4025? I see neither of you answered the question so I can understand you meant to say that you weren't banned but I would much rather people say answer the question than ignore it. Also @derthomas in which firmware did you update your backups in, CFW or OFW?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I used a cert from one of my games to a backup would the game get banned and my switch?
If you use that certificate to play online, you risk banning that certificate, console, and even the account from getting banned (although the account will probably not get banned).

Reactions: Itsblaze302

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water