Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
This man is crazy somebody call the police!! :rofl:
I figured that being on airplane mode and rebooting in OFW and being scared was lame, If Ninty ban me then that's the way it is

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Kinda need to know what's the lowest version of SX OS you've used if you've used it.

Also, everyone congratulate Trappie for being another SX OS only ban! His name will now be memorialized in the "Statistics for the Lazy"
It's weird, apart from me now my brother and his friend bought the SX licence 2 days ago, also online, just no playing online multiplayer/coop games.

EDIT: I started since version 1.0 if that helps the information gathering.

Last edited by yadspi,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's weird, apart from me now my brother and his friend bought the SX licence 2 days ago, also online, just no playing online multiplayer/coop games.
At this point, its either completely random (which I support) or based on the frequent buyer theory (a hard pill to swallow). Its definitely counter-intuitive to say go online and risk a ban to avoid being banned but the data does trend that way, in some capacity...

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
At this point, its either completely random (which I support) or based on the frequent buyer theory (a hard pill to swallow). Its definitely counter-intuitive to say go online and risk a ban to avoid being banned but the data does trend that way, in some capacity...
I'm leaning more to randomness or the banned are doing something extra that I haven' t done. BTW SX OS 1.3 removed brick code.

ao3pixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Ive just been hit with a 2124-4007.
How do I tell between an account ban or a console ban?
Is it true that using a banned account on another system will autoban the console?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm leaning more to randomness or the banned are doing something extra that I haven' t done. BTW SX OS 1.3 removed brick code.
Not sure why that's relevant in this type of thread (bricks =/= bans).

Ive just been hit with a 2124-4007.
How do I tell between an account ban or a console ban?
Is it true that using a banned account on another system will autoban the console?
Try to access and download something from the eShop on a computer (its one of the questions in the survey). And it will not lead to an auto-ban, but let's just say they have more reason to ban any other consoles associated with that account. Please fill out the whole questionnaire when you do get a chance!

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh man.
Here are Users which only used SX OS offline. Going Online in OFW.
Never used homebrew, updating Games or layered FS.
I remembered the FAQ of SX (Online in OFW is safe)...
Hopefully soon someone detects what Provide a ban

ao3pixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Banned: Y
If banned, provide proof
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: N
Downloaded with CDN: N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y
SX OS used: N
SX OS used while online: N
Played online SX OS Backups: N
Layered FS Used: Y
Layered FS Used while online: N
Played online Layered FS Injects: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y (Specify homebrew used/crashes)
Emulators
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: N
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: N
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: IDK
Backups updated: Y (CFW or OFW)
Wi-Fi settings deleted: N
Airplane mode: Y
AutoRCM: N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): N/A
Trimmed .XCI: Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: Y
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: N
Region: US
Additional Comments

You lost me on downloading from the eshop from another device.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 357
Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not but just read about it.
I have read it and based on what they said, they've removed the password, not the brick. There's no mention of them saying they'll no longer corrupt the boot0 partition so its safe to assume the brick code still exists but the password was merely a taunt.

Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: IDK
You lost me on downloading from the eshop from another device.
Go to Nintendo.com, login with your Nintendo Account, and try to buy/download something for your Switch. To make it easier, use something free like Fortnite or a demo.

Reactions: ao3pixel

ao3pixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have read it and based on what they said, they've removed the password, not the brick. There's no mention of them saying they'll no longer corrupt the boot0 partition so its safe to assume the brick code still exists but the password was merely a taunt.

Go to Nintendo com, login with your Nintendo Account, and try to buy/download something for your Switch. To make it easier, use something free like Fortnite or a demo.

Just tried it, got a demo to download. I must buy a new switch for online now lol

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned: N (Not Yet Anyway)
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: 5.0.2
Layered FS Used: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y (Various homebrew and emulators, use Checkpoint more than anything, I've had a few crashes in other apps but none I remember in particular)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: Y
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Y
Backups updated: N/A
Airplane mode: N
AutoRCM: Hekate
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): N/A
Trimmed .XCI: N/A
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: N
Region: North America, East Coast USA

Additional Comments

Haven't been banned yet, I don't use SX OS or LayeredFS. I started using Hekate when people first started using it to load homebrew, first used Jan4V's release back when that one was the only one with support for 5.0.2, then used CTCaer's 2.3 release (having sleep mode fixed plus AutoRCM is a godsend).

Now I'm using SwitchBlade 2.0.6. I could upgrade to CTCaer's 3.0 release, but I'm happy with where I'm at now, and I don't know if one of these newer versions (especially with LayeredFS support built-in) has something that is being used to detect bans.

I have nx-dreport added to my Switchblade.ini, I've been using it for almost as long as I've been using homebrew. Every time I encounter an error on my Switch I reboot it, causing the log to be wiped. Yes, I understand this isn't a smart move according to SciresM, but so far I still haven't been banned. Not using airplane mode or anything like that, I'm always booted in CFW. I've downloaded various games and demos from the eShop. I play a lot of Pokemon Quest, and Fortnite and Splatoon 2 online. As far as homebrew goes I constantly use Checkpoint to backup and restore my Pokemon Quest save, because my son plays Pokemon Quest while I'm at work and he always spends all my PM Tickets.

My "recent errors" shows that I got an error in Fortnite at 8 PM EST on July 1st. I didn't notice this until last night, and I've been playing online since then without a problem. I did reboot which cleared the logs again, but if I get banned any time soon I strongly suspect this will be why.

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Kinda need to know what's the lowest version of SX OS you've used if you've used it.

Also, everyone congratulate Trappie for being another SX OS only ban! His name will now be memorialized in the "Statistics for the Lazy"
Oh the lowest I have used SX OS on is 5.1

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm sorry, 1.1 and always offline.

1.3 says it can run eshop titles but that seems like an insta-ban, right?
I won't use the word insta-ban because nothing so far has actually led to an insta-ban on top of we really don't know how fast Nintendo drops the ban-hammer. But I will say it is definitely not safe whatsoever, less safe than LayeredFS.

Reactions: Wanderish

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I won't use the word insta-ban because nothing so far has actually led to an insta-ban on top of we really don't know how fast Nintendo drops the ban-hammer. But I will say it is definitely not safe whatsoever, less safe than LayeredFS.
Hope we get a better and safer way of running eshop games... thanks for the reply man!

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is there any "extra" ban risk on using auto rcm? I'm tired of using my paperclip everytime I wanna go into rcm.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any "extra" ban risk on using auto rcm? I'm tired of using my paperclip everytime I wanna go into rcm.
In theory the switch can collect data the boot0 partition. If it's not what they expect, it can report back to Nintendo.

Banned: N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: 5.1.0
Layered FS Used: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: FTPd has crashed, got another crash from retroarch
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y, I think
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: Y
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Probably. Haven't tried
Backups updated: Haven't Tried
Airplane mode: N
AutoRCM: N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): N
Trimmed .XCI: N
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: N
Region: USA

I haven't been as adventurous as some of you. Not banned but I figured more data is never a bad thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol