Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

D

Deleted User

EDIT: Updated to current status, slowly trying a few more things and getting closer to the hammer's wraith no doubt >.<

Banned: N
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: N
Downloaded with CDN: N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y
SX OS used: Y
SX OS used while online: N
Played online SX OS Backups: N
Layered FS Used: N
Layered FS Used while online: N
Played online Layered FS Injects: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y (Hekate 3.0, biskeydump 6.0, gcdumptool 1.0.5, checkpoint 3.3.0)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: N
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: Y
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Y
Backups updated: Y (OFW)
Wi-Fi settings deleted: N
Airplane mode: Y
AutoRCM: Y
Lowest SX OS Version used when Online/Offline (i.e 1.0, 1.1, 1.2): 1.2
Trimmed .XCI: Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: N
Region: NA
Additional Comments: Using personal carts to digital but unlinked account prior. Removed certs, unless an online game of mine.

Last edited by ,

CaptainKRN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For the sake of science I will be the Guinea pig to determine if updating backups will result in a console ban. Since I haven't found anyone else who has done it, I figured I might as well be the one.

Some data before we start:
SX OS 1.2
Region EU
Nintendo account with transactions well over 200€*
Legit physical games owned: 6
Digital games downloaded from eshop: 7

Steps taken:
Switch used normally for 3 months.
Monday June 25th SX OS purchased and installed on console. Device has been in flight mode with WiFi connection data deleted just in case.
Backups downloaded and ran for 2 days in flight mode.
June 27th I purchased a 128gb card which was formated exFat. Could not find a way to format FAT32 so I rebooted my device with an empty SD card and performed a system update to 5.1.0 in order to use it. No logs were cleaned, I just booted into OFW by turning it off and on. While I was connected to my WiFi for the first time since SX OS being installed I checked if I could access the e-shop and I could, no issues.

After update I turned console off again, put required files back in SD card and ran SX OS, with backups once again in flight mode with WiFi settings deleted.

Today June 28th I removed the SD card with SX OS from my system and rebooted to OFW, again no logs cleaned. While in OFW with WiFi on I unlinked my Nintendo account from my user profile and proceeded to update a bunch of my pirated backups.

I will return with an update on whether or not I am banned. Currently I'm still good.

I will create a new dummy Nintendo account as I plan on getting a new switch probably later down the line and I'd like to not lose my purchases if I end up banned.

As you can see I have only used SX OS 1.2, only offline, going once online to update my system firmware and then again to update the games. I have not played with any backups online, I have not even played splatoon online which I legitimately own, I have been offline the entire time.

I believe this the most detailed and concise experiment regarding backups being updated and I hope by the end we will have concrete proof regarding the matter.

*Notes: Some people have said that there is a chance accounts with a healthy transaction history might be getting special treatment vs someone who has never bought anything, so I figured that might be a variable worth noting

Just an update, I'm still good. Since making this post I updated a couple more games as well so I haven't really been a good boy.

Not sure if a wave just hasn't come yet, hence why I've been holding off on saying anything, but so far it appears that updating backups does not directly correlate to a ban.

In order to not spam the page with pointless posts I will not post again unless I get banned. If you do not hear from me in this thread it means I'm OK and haven't been banned.

Last edited by CaptainKRN,

yadspi

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an update, I'm still good. Since making this post I updated a couple more games as well so I haven't really been a good boy.

Not sure if a wave just hasn't come yet, hence why I've been holding off on saying anything, but so far it appears that updating backups does not directly correlate to a ban.

In order to not spam the page with pointless posts I will not post again unless I get banned. If you do not hear from me in this thread it means I'm OK and haven't been banned.
Gonna bandwagon on your post and say I'm still ok, online with SX OS booted , playing Crash Remake.

rubberduckzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought an xecuter pro today from a uk site, awaiting dispatch, hopefully this week. I am just wondering, I currently have a 128gb card with some game purchases on it, but they could all fit into a 32gb card. I would like to make backups of all my carts so I have no need to take the carts with me. I'll be using the switch with xecuter offline only. I'm just wondering if it is advised to keep these purchased games on a separate sd card, and only insert the 128gb sdcard with my backups when in the CFW?

Just wondering if the official firmware does a scan of the sdcard and it's contents, thus having 2 separate cards should in theory limit being banned if that is the case?

hellrokr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought an xecuter pro today from a uk site, awaiting dispatch, hopefully this week. I am just wondering, I currently have a 128gb card with some game purchases on it, but they could all fit into a 32gb card. I would like to make backups of all my carts so I have no need to take the carts with me. I'll be using the switch with xecuter offline only. I'm just wondering if it is advised to keep these purchased games on a separate sd card, and only insert the 128gb sdcard with my backups when in the CFW?

Just wondering if the official firmware does a scan of the sdcard and it's contents, thus having 2 separate cards should in theory limit being banned if that is the case?
Nobody knows for sure. I have seen someone getting banned using two sd card strategy as well.

Zonark

Zonark - Noun - A God
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do believe the frequent buyer theory has huge weight to it as well. I own about 48 digital games but I also haven’t used anything to hide my tracks as well. Plus I actually own and personally dump all my backup

I personally think the dreport program needs to backup the current log and use it to overwrite any future ones instead of removing them entirely. I mean if you have errors and then all of a sudden you have less then what you last reported. That would guarantee its running modified software so they could ban regardless. And that really seems to be the most common thing going on everyone getting banned seems to be using dreport

I’m also fairly certain that system updates generate errors that get logged in that just to check for downgrades that way they don’t have to physically rely on efuses which would change value if someone skipped an update or remained offline for like a year

Last edited by Zonark,

sorabora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do believe the frequent buyer theory has huge weight to it as well. I own about 48 digital games but I also haven’t used anything to hide my tracks as well. Plus I actually own and personally dump all my backup

I personally think the dreport program needs to backup the current log and use it to overwrite any future ones instead of removing them entirely. I mean if you have errors and then all of a sudden you have less then what you last reported. That would guarantee its running modified software so they could ban regardless. And that really seems to be the most common thing going on everyone getting banned seems to be using dreport

I’m also fairly certain that system updates generate errors that get logged in that just to check for downgrades that way they don’t have to physically rely on efuses which would change value if someone skipped an update or remained offline for like a year

Wow, you're risking a lot with those ~48 purchases on that account on your hacked Switch, no? For example, if your Switch does get banned, that account is stuck on that banned Switch with no way out, AFAIK.

Niknukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, you're risking a lot with those ~48 purchases on that account on your hacked Switch, no? For example, if your Switch does get banned, that account is stuck on that banned Switch with no way out, AFAIK.
Hmm so what, in near future you can play anything. But what's about the knowledge from played loaded backups and Nintendo knows everything about you ..?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX OS version is not referring to Switch system firmware, its referring to SX OS version (i.e 1.0, 1.1, 1.2). And I already answered your post in the Noobs Paradise so take a look when you get a chance.

Does anybody have any idea how I can make the SX OS version question as specific as possible? People are still answering the question with their Switch system firmware...

Reactions: Deleted User

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SX OS version is not referring to Switch system firmware, its referring to SX OS version (i.e 1.0, 1.1, 1.2). And I already answered your post in the Noobs Paradise so take a look when you get a chance.

Does anybody have any idea how I can make the SX OS version question as specific as possible? People are still answering the question with their Switch system firmware...
Honestly, I think it's pretty specific already. It's about paying attention or knowing that SX has more than one version I think.But maybe drop the "OS" and just stick with "SX"? lol
Like "SX version:" or even "SX OS version":

Last edited by lukhart,

Michael Morsette

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Wow, you're risking a lot with those ~48 purchases on that account on your hacked Switch, no? For example, if your Switch does get banned, that account is stuck on that banned Switch with no way out, AFAIK."

Well I'm in a similar situation, but I can still play those purchased games on my hacked Switch even if I get banned. In fact from what I've read I would still be able to purchase from the eShop on a PC and send the downloads to my Switch; so really no big loss for me if I get banned. I don't do much of anything online except eShop anyway.

Just to join the string of updates while I'm at it:
Still use SX OS, autoRCM installed, play homebrew and emulators without erasing logs but have never run "backups". I have 10 cartridge games and maybe 20 eShop games and no ban.

Last edited by Michael Morsette,

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Wow, you're risking a lot with those ~48 purchases on that account on your hacked Switch, no? For example, if your Switch does get banned, that account is stuck on that banned Switch with no way out, AFAIK."

Well I'm in a similar situation, but I can still play those purchased games on my hacked Switch even if I get banned. In fact from what I've read I would still be able to purchase from the eShop on a PC and send the downloads to my Switch; so really no big loss for me if I get banned. I don't do much of anything online except eShop anyway.

Just to join the string of updates while I'm at it:
Still use SX OS, autoRCM installed, play homebrew and emulators without erasing logs but have never run "backups". I have 10 cartridge games and maybe 20 eShop games and no ban.
I heard there's a way you can unlink the account using dev menu or calling Nintendo and saying you lost the system lol.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard there's a way you can unlink the account using dev menu or calling Nintendo and saying you lost the system lol.
While DevMenu can unlink it, since you have to be online to link Nintendo Accounts, I don't think you can link it after unlinking it with DevMenu offline. Nintendo's servers are probably still thinking its linked to your old Switch so you might have to reconnect your banned unlinked Switch to the Internet but who knows if they'll just ban the account afterwards if they notice its been unlinked already.

Reactions: Rel

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While DevMenu can unlink it, since you have to be online to link Nintendo Accounts, I don't think you can link it after unlinking it with DevMenu offline. Nintendo's servers are probably still thinking its linked to your old Switch so you might have to reconnect your banned unlinked Switch to the Internet but who knows if they'll just ban the account afterwards if they notice its been unlinked already.
Yeah I would just avoid using a legit account with eshop purchases on it. Not worth getting that account banned.

slicer2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So Nintendo is still letting you buy the games. Bottom line: We ban your console, but keep spending your money with us, we are fine with that.

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Nintendo is still letting you buy the games. Bottom line: We ban your console, but keep spending your money with us, we are fine with that.
Microsoft is the same as well, they banned one of my consoles during the 360 MW2 ban wave, but not the account. Also means one less console that is able to be modified online with the new Switch revision coming soon.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Well when it comes to Nintendo and money, gotta catchem all :D

I bought XOS, mainly out of curiosity. Played with it a few days when we were on holiday. We left the day Xecuter released their product.

Before we left I was online with it briefly, well, I was connected but didn’t actually do anything. After that it was all offline.

Came back from our break and removed SX OS, formatted my SD card and went back to official. Including buying Mario Tennis and playing it online. And of course re-downloading all of my digital purchases.

Since then, all is well still. I know I may well get banned still at some point. But if it happens it happens.

For now I’m staying legit for online play. If I get banned, well that would be Nintendo shooting them self’s in the foot because I’ll stop buying games. Quid pro quo and all that.

Last edited by Stwert,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.