Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with SX OS 1.3 out and in the implementation of layeredFS and devmenu to install .NSP files and people going crazy downloading stuff on the CDN I'm expected a big surge in banning in the next few days...
Got any suggestions for new questions? Maybe I ought to make DevMenu a separate question from general LayeredFS usage? But you have to use LayeredFS to boot DevMenu in the first place...

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked Y/N

That is something new, what is this about?

oh and update. Not banned here, but hey that can change right :rofl2:

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by MrGizMo,

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Got any suggestions for new questions? Maybe I ought to make DevMenu a separate question from general LayeredFS usage? But you have to use LayeredFS to boot DevMenu in the first place...
I think maybe we could specify if the use of LayeredFS is through SX OS... but I’m not sure this matter in the grand scheme of things

Wanderish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm at this same situation... but seeing that I will restore my nand and boot files to clean ones in the future when going online maybe I'm worrying too much
I don't know what to do... I'm tired of failing 5 times with my paperclip every time I wanna get into CFW, but I heard auto rcm might be dangerous and I don't want to get banned yet...

Niknukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah it is for non EU users. Already changed that

thanks btw

And the same as me. Still not banned here, but if i see this that will change soon :P

Actually that won't change anything. I also posted it in the relevant thread. You accepted ninty data protection privacy and there is a special paragraph for illigal activities. They will collect data to protect their system legimated by legitimate interest.

Last edited by Niknukem,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what to do... I'm tired of failing 5 times with my paperclip every time I wanna get into CFW, but I heard auto rcm might be dangerous and I don't want to get banned yet...
Evidence to support that claim is happenstance at best. We don't have much reason to believe they are already detecting it, however if and when they do I ask everyone to report if they are using it or not.

Actually that won't change anything. I also posted it in the relevant thread. You accepted ninty data protection privacy and there is a special paragraph for illigal activities. They will collect data to protect their system legimated by legitimate interest.
Can I see that paragraph for future reference?

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just went ahead and installed it. But I won't be going online until I restore my nand and boot for emunand, so there won't be any traces. Anyway, you can also uninstall it, so maybe do that before going online just to be safe.

Niknukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Evidence to support that claim is happenstance at best. We don't have much reason to believe they are already detecting it, however if and when they do I ask everyone to report if they are using it or not.

Can I see that paragraph for future reference?

I only see the German protection privacies, so a Screenshot may not help..?
In the privacy it is point 3.2 prevention of illigal and other activities. Based on Art. 6 Abs. 1(f) DSGVO.

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
EBay. order a fucking jig from eBay UK. It's like 3€

Fault Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any ban of an user that hasn't used homebrew programs and Layered-FS at all, but used SX OS (since they're more prone to crash and Nintendo would easily detect a foreign application)?

Last edited by Fault Boy,

blk_2sday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EBay. order a fucking jig from eBay UK. It's like 3€
or free if you happen to find a piece of 16g of copper wire. it works everytime won't bend anything up (since it's soft and only one strand of wire needs to make contact to bridge) 2.5" or 6cm, bend it into a U shape, slide that in, Profit.

Sent from my portable computing device from a underdeveloped country.

Reactions: Absintu

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Banned: Y/N: N
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: Y/N: N
Downloaded with CDN: Y/N:
N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: X.X.X/N: I never cleared my logs current firmware 5.1.0
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y/N: Y
SX OS used: Y/N: Y
SX OS used while online: Y/N: N
Played online SX OS Backups: Y/N: N
Layered FS Used: Y/N: N
Layered FS Used while online: Y/N: N
Played online Layered FS Injects: Y/N: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: Y/N (Specify homebrew used/crashes) (Checkpoint, GBA Emulator, Homebrew Browser./Older version Non-compatible Checkpoint crashed that didn't support FW 5.1.0)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: Y/N: Y (Homebrew Browsing)
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: Y/N: N
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: Y/N: N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: Y/N: Y (I use it daily only on OFW with owned games)
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Y/N: Y
Backups updated: Y/N (CFW or OFW): N
Wi-Fi settings deleted: Y/N: N (No need for that since I use a DNS blocker for offline usage)
Airplane mode: Y/N: N (Full offline in CFW mode)
AutoRCM: TX/Hekate/N: N (Still use jig with the Pro Dongle)
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): 1.2/Offline
Trimmed .XCI: Y/N: Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: Y/N: N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: Y/N: N
Region: USA
Additional Comments
It's been a full week since I received my SX Pro my basic usage is playing single player backups offline mainly XCI games no LayeredFS. Within each of the 7 days play of the SX Pro offline I do check E-shop and play Fortnite,MK8, and Splatoon2 online in OFW [Bought Games]. So far so good pretty simple usage play backups offline and legit owned games online. I still don't trust updating backups, so I just play them as they are, the only hiccup I came across was the 2345-0021 error code due to an outdated checkpoint and the SX OS Loader, but got this error twice offline with shared logs disabled don't think it's a threat since most of us encountered it atleast once
Picture 3.jpg

Last edited by MasterJ360, , Reason: Can't spell
Reactions: Draxzelex

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there any ban of an user that hasn't used homebrew programs and Layered-FS at all, but used SX OS (since they're more prone to crash and Nintendo would easily detect a foreign application)?
Yeah, there are Users which never used layeredfs,homebrew, updating Games, playing dont playing non legit Games Online and still online in OFW and play legit Ganes and they are banned

Last edited by andre1891,
D

Deleted User

Banned: Y
If banned, provide proof (video preferred)
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked: Y
Downloaded with CDN: N
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online: 5.1.0
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings: Y
SX OS used: Y
SX OS used while online: N
Played online SX OS Backups: N
Layered FS Used: Y(FOR DEV MENU ONLY)
Layered FS Used while online: N
Played online Layered FS Injects: N
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used: N
Connect to Internet with homebrew/CFW: N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew: N
Played with Layered FS Injects with Own Cert.: N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch: N
Can you use the eShop from a non-Switch device: Y
Backups updated: N/N (CFW or OFW)
Wi-Fi settings deleted: Y
Airplane mode: Y
AutoRCM: N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware): 1.0 OFFLINE
Trimmed .XCI: Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings: N
Less Fuses Burnt than Expected: N
Region:EUROPE
Additional Comments:I wasn't banned but I banned myself from devmenu from accounts tab then factory reset my console.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
or free if you happen to find a piece of 16g of copper wire. it works everytime won't bend anything up (since it's soft and only one strand of wire needs to make contact to bridge) 2.5" or 6cm, bend it into a U shape, slide that in, Profit.

Yeah, but look at this :switch:

WP_20180704_19_35_13_Pro.jpg

blk_2sday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't pay for mine and I don't have a 3d printer (yet) I still can make about 30 more "jigs" from the piece of wire I found that will work for no money and send them with just a stamp all over the US (shameless plug)

also try Raw papers much better than pretty much anything out there

Absintu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I didn't pay for mine and I don't have a 3d printer (yet) I still can make about 30 more "jigs" from the piece of wire I found that will work for no money and send them with just a stamp all over the US (shameless plug)

also try Raw papers much better than pretty much anything out there

It's not much to pay, lol. and:
Oh yes, do your hippie/rap/hipster organic rolling paper, while you put burning drugs in your lungs. Can't beat the awesome burning of smoking brand… lol
gonna stop offtopic now

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just checked some popular warez forum and there are tutorials for downloading and installing any eShop games while using SX and CDN programs, with no warnings to ban risks whatsoever. I expect another banwave soon, this time maybe with full CDN restriction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?