"Nintendo Sound Clock: Alarmo" revealed

Today, Nintendo unveiled a new product it’s calling “Nintendo Sound Clock: Alarmo”, or “Alarmo” for short. As the name implies, this is a Nintendo-themed alarm clock. It plays sounds from Nintendo games and has a motion sensor that reacts to your body movements. It includes alarms and sounds based on Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 3, Pikmin 4, and Ring Fit Adventure. It can also download new sounds over the internet, with Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe already planned for distribution.

Starting today, paid Nintendo Switch Online members get early access from the online My Nintendo Store, and everyone can purchase it from the Nintendo New York store while supplies last. This early access extends until early 2025. Alarmo retails for $99.99.

:arrow: Source

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is great for two reasons:

- The fact that the clock has a sensor that interacts with you as you wake up

- This
Check your Records to learn about the time you’ve spent in bed, like how much you’ve been moving around in your sleep

We don’t know yet how many max dB the alarm goes for and if the time is automatically adjusted by radio signals and/or Wi-Fi (seeing how it’s built-in), but I’d say this is a good product.

I don’t care about this, but you bet that I will buy a knockoff by someone else that goes “ooooooooooo” as I’m getting up and then “YEEEEEEES GO BADGER GO BADGER GO” as I finally get up.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember it was years ago that Nintendo was discovered to be investigating biometric sleep-monitoring technology. Guess this is what they were building towards.

You'd think they would have built it as some sort of widget that plugs into the Switch, on account of how a lot of people interested in this would already own a Switch? I suppose the cost of the screen and hardware is at a point where it's worthwhile to do otherwise. Or maybe playing on your Switch before bed runs counter to getting a good night's sleep.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
This is such a strange idea that only Nintendo could pull off. $99.99 is a bit much for an alarm clock though.
Time will tell how long Nintendo supports it for, and whether or not it gets bricked once the server eventually goes down.

OilFreak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your phone can track your movements as you sleep without making you wear anything?
Why would I need my phone to track my movements? I sleep well. If you don't sleep well, you're not buying something from Nintendo. You're buying something professional.

JustABadger

Trophies
Website
badgerbadger.neocities.org
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is such a strange idea that only Nintendo could pull off. $99.99 is a bit much for an alarm clock though.
*looks at his Punkt AC02 and sweats nervously*
Post automatically merged:

Why would I need my phone to track my movements?
Then your comparison with a phone is stupid.

“Why would I need my car to have an AC? I’m not a fat fuck”

Reactions: HawaiianInTown

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
*looks at his Punkt AC02 and sweats nervously*
Oh my god.
1000052613.png

My wallet hurts just looking at it.

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like some opportunities were missed here. A "smart" $99 alarm clock from Nintendo with no gaming functionality?

How about adding some sort of incentive for going to bed earlier and getting a good night's sleep? Or an incentive for actually getting up when the alarm goes off and not a half-hour later? Some sort of inter-connectivity with the Switch or perhaps smartphones could be cool.

I think it would have been cool to have an "idle game" that features your Mii. While you sleep your Mii goes dungeon crawling, gains more loot and experience as you sleep.

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like some opportunities were missed here. A "smart" $99 alarm clock from Nintendo with no gaming functionality?

How about adding some sort of incentive for going to bed earlier and getting a good night's sleep? Or an incentive for actually getting up when the alarm goes off and not a half-hour later? Some sort of inter-connectivity with the Switch or perhaps smartphones could be cool.

I think it would have been cool to have an "idle game" that features your Mii. While you sleep your Mii goes dungeon crawling, gains more loot and experience as you sleep.
eShop tokens for incentivizing good habits?

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
eShop tokens for incentivizing good habits?
I could reasonably see them having platinum coins as an incentive, but definitely not gold coins. If there's one thing Nintendo isn't known for, it's giving out eShop money.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It looks neat, but given that our Nintendo distributor doesn't sell anything besides consoles, certain amiibo and a limited selection of games, it 100% won't be available here and an alarm clock is IMO not worth the extra effort of importing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Kirbydogs
    Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery, and I love me a good pancake
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: well some idiot decided to put music on outside so I'm gonna listen to some musix