Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
94371_Untitled_1_copy.jpg

"An X button 46 and a Y button are further arranged in line on the upper surface of the housing. An imaging information arithmetic unit is provided at a front end of the housing in a longitudinal direction in such a manner that an imaging device thereof is exposed from a front-end surface."

Source
Original Source

Another controller for Virtual Console & Gamecube games I guess but with a Wiimote slot.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephiroth said:
Looks strange for a controller, is that just an early model?
Filed: February 28, 2008

QUOTE(Gullwing @ Jul 9 2008, 06:52 PM) WOW IT LOOKS NEAT! In what game could this be used I wonder....?
Maybe just a wireless Gamecube controller as it has the same buttons and layout. I don't see any L/R/Z buttons though.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
shaunj66 said:
Ace Gunman said:
If you notice the button size and layout it's essentially a GameCube controller. So it's likely just that... a GameCube controller add-on.
Yeh but why would it need Wiimote motion functionality?
unsure.gif
They Guitar Hero controller has a Wiimote slot as well. As does the zapper, etc. They're obsessed with plugging it into things even if there's really no need.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66 said:
Ace Gunman said:
If you notice the button size and layout it's essentially a GameCube controller. So it's likely just that... a GameCube controller add-on.
unsure.gif
Well it does look like it has a Wiimote slot so perhaps the only use of the Wiimote is just so you can play in a wireless way. The classic controller plugs into the Wiimote for the same reason.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hadrian said:
shaunj66 said:
Ace Gunman said:
unsure.gif
Well it does look like it has a Wiimote slot so perhaps the only use of the Wiimote is just so you can play in a wireless way. The classic controller plugs into the Wiimote for the same reason.
Didn't they discontinue the Wavebird? Or am I not remembering correctly? If they did, this would be an alternative to that, I would assume.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
Didn't they discontinue the Wavebird? Or am I not remembering correctly? If they did, this would be an alternative to that, I would assume.
I think a new silver one was released in Japan this year so I don't think its been discontinued. There is no way that this would be a decent replacement, the shape makes it look like it'll be crappy. Just imagine trying to hold it and use the d-pad and the right hand analog stick, needs handles.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming this is a combination of sorts. A full controller that will still allow for the wii motes pointer and gyro aspects.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yep.. looks just like a GC controller with a Wiimote add-on..

shaunj66 said:
Ace Gunman said:
unsure.gif

Motion functionality? For nothing! But you would have a wireless GC controller!
Notice how it has no start button.. that would probably be replaced by button 1 or 2. I'm guessing it would use the Wiimote rumble too to use less battery. Nice!

Just keep in mind that it's just a patent, I've seen a lot of those being used in speculation and never beeing actually released
tongue.gif

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, this could work like a six-axis too. maybe not a terrible idea. I could see this working well with certain games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_