Homebrew Nintendo now has a 3DS bug bounty page open

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's finally the time to patch SKY3DS lol

Maybe? Kind of hard to do so as the Sky3DS emulates a real game, but maybe it can be patched by finding some type of difference between a Sky3DS and a real cart. Then they can use that to know when a Sky3DS is plugged in, they can then block it.

Kind of doubt they will go through all that trouble to patch it, so Sky3DS is probably here to stay.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Snitches And talkers.....

Will get $100 from Nintendo.

Nobody is getting 20 grand. Nintendo is going to give you what THEY THINK after they see it. Which is obviously the bare minimum and tell you to fuck off.

At least you get your free TR-8R badge!

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Y'know, hackers still need something like hot food, warm bed and even some goodies. So why not? While that seems like "betrayal", it's kinda... right? It's pretty much understandable for both sides. It means more security for Nintendo and extra cash for those who decides to take part. And as for piracy, I don't really think it's becoming different. Remember those Korean bricked Wiis? And still, Wii scene is huge even nowadays.

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Y'know, hackers still need something like hot food, warm bed and even some goodies. So why not? While that seems like "betrayal", it's kinda... right? It's pretty much understandable for both sides. It means more security for Nintendo and extra cash for those who decides to take part. And as for piracy, I don't really think it's becoming different. Remember those Korean bricked Wiis? And still, Wii scene is huge even nowadays.
Yeah, you know if hackers WANT to earn money hacking, there's a way better alternative for them, it's ethical hacking, which can be an actual paying job with steady salary. No hacker would win with this hug bounty as it's up to Nintendo to decide what they will give you, if anything at all, without the hacker in question being able to do anything about it.
I can imagine plailect handing over the works of A9LH before it was released hoping to get, at max, $20.000, and Nintendo just being like "Thank you, that's very nice of you! What, you want anything? $20.000? Best I can do is $100, there, go buy like 2/3 3ds games while we'll save tens of thousands thanks to you, good work!"
The major names is the scene have already stated they have no interest in it, for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
What is a Grassing bastard? More specifically, what is grassing in and of itself?

:lol: you don't know what a Grassing bastard is? its someone that lets Nintendo know of an exploit before its leaked to the general public and feels proud of what they have done! :evil:

Reactions: ManuelKoegler

ManuelKoegler

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
:lol: you don't know what a Grassing bastard is? its someone that lets Nintendo know of an exploit before its leaked to the general public and feels proud of what they have done! :evil:
Ah, well, not me then, I'm not competent enough to sniff out exploits and leverage them. Sure would love $ 20.000 lol.

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't Nintendo just go to 3dbrew.org? The way exploits work are explained in such detail in that website...
That's not the point of this whole bounty. People need to stop thinking they're smart and suggesting this...

Nintendo wants details on NEW, NON PUBLIC security flaws. That way they can patch the flaw before people take advantage of it.

Reactions: Skelletonike

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I hope they get something on the blocking piracy end.
I'd hate it if future systems get piracy available too soon. Only would be acceptable after the system had died in my book.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)