Nintendo Letter Box for 3DS will be coming December 22 for free

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this is nice, it's pointless if you can't multi-task (integration with friends-list?) with it.
well if it's spotpass, hopefully you can simply read the message in notifications
i dont think that would happen, i think the notifications tab is just for official update stuff.

maybe its like MK7, where you see a blue dot on the icon when you get a spotpass update, not in the notifications tab.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, you will be able to send messages while still playing a game (like, for example, "hey [insert friend here], let's play some [insert game here] right now!"). If you have to quit the game to send messages, it will still be functional but SO much more inconvenient.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it will come out BEFORE the allotted release date, just like the video update.
It's coming out when the e-shop updates as a whole,
I can't think of a time when the e-shop's updated anyday but thursday
That's kinda bleh. I was hoping that it would be integrated like the friend list... I guess no multitasking...

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I wonder if it will come out BEFORE the allotted release date, just like the video update.
True, I've only seen Thursday updates + Nintendo said while releasing the eShop that every region will have updates on same day - Thursdays.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
True, I've only seen Thursday updates + Nintendo said while releasing the eShop that every region will have updates on same day - Thursdays.

I quite often get the update on a wednesday :)

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
So technically... It should be available for Australia in a few hours !!
We always get eshop titles on a thursday or wednesday :D

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need, if you can send messages then it's enough, maybe you can write some magic numbers into the letter :P
*writes* 6...6...6... OMG I HACKED 3DS!!1!!!

But back on topic, I really hope this ends up getting to the US before Christmas.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1