Nintendo Direct Sept 23rd - roundup - N64 games coming to Switch Online, Bayonetta 3 trailer

Temporary mode or not, that's not stopping the latest Nintendo Direct, nor will it be stopping GBAtemp from covering the stream as it airs. Catch the Direct in about half an hour, when it starts, or keep an eye on this thread, where all the latest and greatest announcements will be summarized, live. Share your speculation and hype, below!

We begin with Capcom. Monster Hunter: Rise - Sunbreak is a DLC out in Summer 2022. Described as a "massive expansion".

Five boards from the N64 Mario Party games will be in the latest Mario Party game. We get a look at some gameplay.

Next is an RPG. Turn-based card battles in this tabletop inspired game. Yoko Taro is involved. It's called Voice of Cards, launches on October 28th. A demo launches today.

Disco Elysium: The Final Cut is headed to the Switch. Digital launch October 22, physical release early 2022.

Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is getting an expansion pass. Wave 2 launches October 29th.

Chocobo GP is a kart racer featuring Final Fantasy themes and characters. You can cast spells at enemy cars. Racers will also have special abilities they can use, and it has online and local features. 2022. Switch exclusive.

The final Smash DLC character will be revealed on October 5th in a special video.

It's time for Kirby. Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platforming game. All the series typical powerups are there to play with. Launches Spring 2022. It takes place in decrepit, abandoned parks and past civilizations.

An Animal Crossing Direct with new content is coming this October. There will be new free content in November, including The Roost.

Mario Golf: Super Rush is getting new content, including Koopa Troopa and Ninja as new playable characters. There's two courses to be added, as well. The update is available today.

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition announced. It lets you play as a Mii-like character and have fun with Disney characters. Launches this holiday. As announced before, it launches October 8th.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is coming to the Switch. November 11th.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human will be on the Switch through cloud streaming. It'll have online coop. Feb 4th.

Dying Light 1: Platinum Edition launches October 19th.

Triangle Strategy gets some new footage. The story will change based on your choices. The developers have made changes in accordance to players' feedback. You can control the camera in battle, and there's a difficulty selector, too. March 4th.

Time for Metroid Dread. New footage shows us gameplay, and a breakdown of the story. It takes place on Planet ZDR. There will be a variety of different environments, each with different enemy types and things to explore.

Nintendo Switch Online news is up. There's a new membership plan. It includes N64 games. Yoshi's Story, Ocarina of Time, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart 64, and more are going to be added. It'll have online features.

SEGA Genesis games will also be available with the plan. It'll be called the Nintendo Switch + Expansion Plan. It launches this October. Wireless N64 and Genesis controllers will be available.

Shadowrun Trilogy is coming to the Switch. It packs together three CRPGs.

Castlevania Advanced Collection announced formally. It also includes Dracula X.

Actraiser is getting a full HD remaster. Brand new 2.5D graphics. Has brand new music, and the ability to switch between the old. Launches today.

Deltarune takes the stage to reveal Chapter 2 on the Switch. Free update today.

Surviving the Aftermath is out this holiday.
SMT V gets preorders today.
Wreckfest is out this fall.

March 22 for Rune Factory 5.

Miyamoto is talking about the Mario movie now. It'll be in theaters holiday 2022. December 21, 2022 in North America.

Chris Pratt is playing Mario. Anya Taylor Joy is Peach. Charlie Day is Luigi. Jack Black is Bowser. Keegan Micheal Key is Toad. Seth Rogan is DK. Charles Martinet will make a cameo.

Splatoon 3 shows off a new trailer. 2022 release.

Last trailer...is for...

Bayonetta 3. We finally get a new look. Gameplay trailer shows off the combat. There are Kaiju fights. 2022.

Highlights

Smash Presentation to take place on October 5, will reveal final DLC fighter
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a 3D platformer
Animal Crossing Direct is happening next month
Actraiser remaster out today
Super Mario animated movie will be out holiday 2022
N64 and Genesis games are coming to Nintendo Switch Online as part of a new, more expensive tier

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Holy, a new Kirby game, Actraiser remake, N64 and Genesis Online, and KOTOR coming to Switch! This is magical! Wonder how they got the rights to Banjo-Kazooie though.
banjo kazooie is on smash brothers ultimate, im sure nintendo made a deal when it included in with microsoft for sure.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I don’t feel like watching the direct because I knew gbatemp would give me the details to the whole thing. Based on the first post on this thread though I don’t see any mention of sega online features but n64 has it. I want to assume that n64 will have online play but maybe I’m wrong on this one but I will base this on my retroarch experience, can’t remember the time I really tried this but did retroarch ever have smooth netplay for n64, if it doesn’t I find it hard to believe n64 will have an actual netplay kind of feature. I know october is around the corner and I’ll know for sure what to expect but I won’t really pay for this unless it’s $10 or less more for the extra family plan features since it obviously not going to be free for the actual family plan users like it should be. I would have kind of understood if they wanted a little extra for the individual plan users.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nice, i didn't know there was even a direct, oh well.
it was hmm, okay. not much here.
the kirby game looks fun, kinda like super mario oddessy, but with kirby instead.
dread is well, we've seen so much of it from the reports and such, it's coming so soon, lol.
but finally a AAA metriod game for switch! what it needed, as there was no AAA metriod game on switch until dread was annocneced, (Metriod NES and Super metriod on NSO) don't count as they are ports).

i mean a switch exclusive metriod game, and dread fits this exactly. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over