Nintendo is officially localizing the original Fire Emblem game, only available for a limited time

Fire_Emblem_Shadow_Dragon_Blade_of_Light_4.jpg

The very first Fire Emblem game is getting an official translation after 30 years since its Japanese release. Nintendo is bringing the Famicom game Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light to the west, on the Nintendo Switch. It'll be available on December 4th, and will be priced at $5.99 on the Nintendo eShop, though just like Super Mario 3D All Stars, the game won't be around forever. You'll have until March 31st to purchase Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light, after which it'll be delisted.

Just like other Nintendo Switch Online NES titles, this game will offer the ability to use save states or rewind functions. There will be a limited physical release, which will include a replica NES-style box, with an NES cart inside, though it is only an art piece, and not an actual playable cartridge.

:arrow: Source

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For people that can't follow the kind of confusing Fire Emblem games, this was also remade in the West as Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on the DS in 2008.
Yeah I was actually wondering about this. So we've already got this in other words. I guess what we need are those SNES titles that came out near the end of the last millenium.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
It's great that Fire Emblem has become a series that Nintendo cares about, and I'm happy to see them go back and retranslate their games for an official release, but...

Shadow Dragon DS has existed for ages, and honestly, does anyone want to go back to the NES game, especially when it's some weird limited time release?

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I was actually wondering about this. So we've already got this in other words. I guess what we need are those SNES titles that came out near the end of the last millenium.

Yeah, there's Genealogy of the Holy War, Thracia 776, and New Mystery of the Fire Emblem, those are all SNES Japan-exclusive games. And New Mystery of the Fire Emblem was already a remake of FE1, but with a sequel added on. But Shadow Dragon only remakes the first game, not the new stuff from New Mystery. But the New Mystery content was remade into its own DS game, but that was also Japan-exclusive.

D

Deleted User

"Only for a limited time".

Fuck off with this bullshit Nintendo, there's literally no reason to do this. What kind of fucking company limits the purchase of a digital title??
so you will buy it, limited edition stuff sells because "oh, i will probably never be able to get it later, and i will regret that, i should buy one" i will admit, i am guilty of this, i bought operation shattered web because of this, though i did turn a profit, even buying the pass full price

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is doing the Disney "limited edition" strategy, but half-assing it with shitty ports. I doubt they can screw up an NES port, but the 3D all stars was pretty disappointing.

It's like if Disney did a limited edition re-release of the classic Aladdin movie, but the DVD was created by recording a playback of a VHS copy on a CRT using a 90's camcorder.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
from review I read, this game is close to unplayable at its current state. there are a lot of modern FE mechanics that are yet to be implemented. I think the worst leveling up healer. If I remember it right they could only gain experience by being attacked.

and FE shadow dragon has a very weak story. I tried the SNEs and NDS game, and it's not interesting at all.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"limited time"

Timmy: Hey papa, what's that ship?
Papa: Oh Timmy, when I were young, she sailed the seven seas, to collect all the bootie and preserve and plunder.
Timmy: Why papa?
Papa: Because companies used todo stupid shit.
Timmy: Like Nintendo doing limited time on digital games right now?
Papa: Timmy... get on board, it's time to hoist the sails once again. Her time is needed now more than ever.

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so you will buy it, limited edition stuff sells because "oh, i will probably never be able to get it later, and i will regret that, i should buy one" i will admit, i am guilty of this, i bought operation shattered web because of this, though i did turn a profit, even buying the pass full price

They are doing the Disney Vault way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Vault

This is total crap.
There are no reason, outside of profit, to make those games available for a limited time in a digital world.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Purple_Heart was a SSD worth it? Did it make a significant diference?\