1. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Obviously they aren't anti-consumer, because they need consumers to stay in business.

What you mean is they don't pander to all your entitled whims. It's like saying "I went food shopping and they are so anti consumer because they stock foods that I think taste bad."

If nintendo and sony don't make money then they will disappear and that would be really "anti-consumer". But it seems that a lot of people are happy with the taste.

Last edited by smf, Oct 26, 2020
    Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  2. CPG

CPG lil darkie is a good rapper

Canada
    they're literally encouraging piracy at this point.

3. Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Steel-Winged_Pegasus Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmm, the FOMO here is super strong, and I hate that SM 3D All Stars, as much as I love the game, is the reason why Ninty is doing this BS again. :( Scalpers are stealing every copy online, too, so I'm forced to go into an actual GameStop store (bad idea during a pandemic, after all) to preorder... I managed to beat the scalpers, but at a risk to myself and others! XP

I do wish they used the DS remake of Shadow Dragon instead, too, but... using FE 1 kiiiinda makes sense, since it's the 30th anniversary, so like... preserving the start of it all, I guess? Then again, there's these QoL changes that the original never had, so preservation is kinda a moot point. Rather confused on why Intelligent Systems didn't go with the superior (at least, IMO) remake, in the end...

Last edited by Steel-Winged_Pegasus, Oct 26, 2020
  4. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    Yet you continue to derail this thread even further just to shit all over my previous post.
    "Obvious anti-PS BS," sure. I own three Sony consoles, and this is mostly from my own personal experience. You make it sound like I'm anti-Sony. I'm not. I'm against the stupid decisions they've been making since they decided to relocate their headquarters to California, and started bending to the SJW crowd's demands. Clearly you've been living under a rock if you're completely oblivious to this fact.

I wouldn't bet on Nintendo winning any console wars any time soon, either. Doesn't mean they, or Microsoft, won't gain more players regardless.

Oh, so that makes their awful refund policy acceptable, then? Fine, let me refer you to Microsoft's policy on digital game purchases. They have the same 2-hour time limit on their games as Steam does, only with the caveat that you refund it within 14 days of purchase. They even have an automated system where you can refund it yourself. And this applies to both their consoles as well as Windows-side purchases.

So PlayStation games like Horizon Zero Dawn were developed on PC, for release on PC? Interesting. Funny, then, how they had to spend close to half a year optimizing Horizon to release on the platform it was "developed on." Sounds iffy to me. Was NieR: Automata also developed on PCs? Look how well that game turned out. Not even playable without third-party fixes. Runs and looks fine on a PS4 Pro, though. The Final Fantasy XIII series would also like a word. All of those game were ported from code based on the PlayStation versions. The PS4 may share some similarities (x86 architecture, that's about it) but Xbox has the upper hand in that developing on a PC/for PC works out better for them due to coding similarities between the two platforms. At least from the Microsoft Store standpoint.

No, you're clearly mis-reading into what I said. And needlessly being an ass about it, on top of things. What I mean is exactly what CPG said above:

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit, Oct 28, 2020
    DarthDub likes this.
  5. Freqman

Freqman Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    couldn't put it up on the NES Switch online app i guess.. do they even put games on there anymore? or they just gave up on that idea?

6. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    they may have when they updated the snes catalogue. the last game I remember on there is donkey kong country 2.

7. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    It's on it in Japan afaik, idk if it has the enhancements though

8. Benja81

Benja81 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The difference is they put work into this one, the translation to English. The other games on there are just roms from the original games.

9. Scott_pilgrim

Scott_pilgrim Gbatemp’s official Scott pilgrim fanatic ™

United States
    I hate that there are no signs of Nintendo stopping this bullshit

10. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Switch is selling faster than ps4, although it has 4 years to make up in terms of numbers.
    Switch will probably outsell ps5 & xbox1 because of cost and supply.

11. Ajlr

Ajlr GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Yep but looking back at the 3DS, Nintendo needs to do what they do with the 3DS when Satoru Iwata was still alive.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Satoru Iwata reminds us that video games are meant to be one thing: fun. Fun for everyone.

12. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Also, why do they keep raising the price of NES games? It went from $4.99 to $5.99. What justifies the jump in price?

13. Ajlr

Ajlr GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Probably since it's never released outside Japan, they wanna make money that they didn't make since they didn't sell this in North America 20 years ago.

14. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    Which is surprising, considering the impact that the pandemic has had on selling Switch consoles (I think it was due to the parts used for the screens that were made in China or Taiwan, being delayed in manufacture and shipment). But I can agree with that sentiment, as a Switch has been a hard console to find compared to say, a PS4.

15. godreborn

godreborn Retired

United States
    I preordered this just so I wouldn't forget about it. it looks like Nintendo now reminds you of a preorder two weeks in advance, then preloads the game one week in advance where before it would automatically preoload in some cases months in advance. I guess that's the closest we're getting to refunds if a game is below expectations.

16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    You've seen one FE game, you've seen them all IMO

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - officially, localizing, available