Nintendo DSi problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by pikachu945, Aug 5, 2010.

Aug 5, 2010

Nintendo DSi problems by pikachu945 at 9:16 PM (858 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. pikachu945
    OP

Member pikachu945 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Hello everyone I just noticed something very usual about my Nintendo DSi I was getting ready you know so I opened it up and I noticed on the touch screen that one side
    is like a greenish color and as you move over to the right side of the screen the color is normal like a normal DS touch screen should. I can notice it in game its really getting on my nerves this would be a Nintendo defect or just normal??

2. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    I think it's a defect or something.. Nintendo should be able to fix it for free...

3. FlashX007

Newcomer FlashX007 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Nintendo no longer fixes for free. I tried it about 10 times now. I only got Nintendo to fix my DS Lite for free once and that was a DS Lite. I am sure they will be worse when it comes to DSi.

4. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    I find that hard to believe. If it is under warranty theyd best to fix it for free, especially on a DSi which is their flagship product right now save for the XL.

OP, is it under warranty or not? If it is call nintendo up and see what they will do. If not, I would try to determine whether it is the LCD or the touch screen module that is tinted (if you didnt know, the bottom screen is comprised of a LCD display with a touch screen module layered on top of it. Both can be swapped out with replacements if necessary, leading to my next point) - if you can find which is bad, you can order a replacement from dealextreme.com and if you trust yourself enough, repair it for a 10th of the price nintendo would charge.