DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
[/quote]
3DS_Pilotwings_00ssHW_E3-copy.jpg

Nintendo was caught unawares by surprisingly slow sales of the 3DS, the company said Tuesday.

“Nintendo 3DS has not been selling as expected since the second week [of availability in the United States and Europe], and this is not just in the Japanese market but also in the United States and Europe, where no direct impact from the great earthquake has occurred,” Nintendo President Satoru Iwata said during an investor briefing in Tokyo. “Therefore, we recognize that we are in a situation where we need to step up our efforts to further promote the spread of Nintendo 3DS.”
]
ds-sales.jpg

Nintendo launched the 3DS, which features a glasses-free 3-D display, in February in Japan, and in March in the rest of the world. At $250, it is by far the most-expensive handheld the company has ever released.

The company said Monday it had sold 3.6 million units of 3DS worldwide through the end of March and expects to sell 16 million units of the device over the next year.

Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter said in an e-mail to Wired.com that Nintendo needs to release better 3DS games or lower the price of the device.

“I think this could change if some compelling software comes out, but I am frankly surprised at the tepid reaction” consumers have had to the new handheld, he said. “I truly thought that the fanboys would snap these up at any price” based purely on the 3-D graphics, he said, although he now thinks the new technology is insufficient to justify the $250 tag.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sales will go up again. These things happen with consoles. Sales will spike up around major holidays and release dates of major titles.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
It's going to take more than the games announced for me to get one. I still have so many DS RPGs on my plate and am considering buying another Lite for the future since they are going out of production. It is also yet to be seen when the 3DS will have all the announced features or if the super-neat AR will be used with any practical depth in gaming.

Bent

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
I'm sure the sales will raise again if games like Zelda, Mario and Residnet Evil become available.

Right. I beat both of the games I bought at launch, and nothing else has come out that's worth anything. They didn't even have the shop ready at launch.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, I haven't really seen a whole lot of marketing done for the system. So that could be a reason.

It could also be the ridiculous price tag and the crappy launch titles. They didn't give us anything big to look forward to for the launch. No mario, no zelda, no donkey kong, nothing recognizable. I mean really, sure Street Fighter is a good game, but a lot of people would rather play that on a home console than on the handheld...

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
ShadowSoldier said:
To be honest, I haven't really seen a whole lot of marketing done for the system. So that could be a reason.

It could also be the ridiculous price tag and the crappy launch titles. They didn't give us anything big to look forward to for the launch. No mario, no zelda, no donkey kong, nothing recognizable. I mean really, sure Street Fighter is a good game, but a lot of people would rather play that on a home console than on the handheld...

its true.
most of us like zelda,mario,pokemon,etc.
games such as street fighters and samurai warriors are good but not compared to the above ones.

zachpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My money is ready as soon as a few decent games come out. I mean seriously what is the point of buying it when NO game that is out right now appeals to me in any way.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
MAYBE IF THEY RELEASED IT WITH GAMES PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANTED, PEOPLE WOULD BUY IT!

srsly Nintendo. Don't pull a Sony on us.
Sony has released a nice set of games, thankyouverymuch.

And Nintendo is just waiting until June, with the release of so many awesome games that the 3DS will become a hard console to find.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The only actuall game that is a must-buy in my opinion is Street Figher IV 3D. Then again, it's not from Nintendo though Nintendo is the publisher of this game in europe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-