Nintendo begins banning pirates from 3DS online service

Uncle_Iroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Massive question: Is the Ban permanent? Or has anyone been unbanned?
Has Nintendo confirmed the reason for the ban? Or provided ANY information other than "You have been banned"?
Can banned consoles access the internet for legit games?

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes!
Guess it's WiFi OFF from now on!

Which is basically the same as a ban, IMO. Now if you just wait to see if we get more concrete info, that's fine. But come Friday, I'm buying MH4U and I will be playing online within the week (Village quests first, of course ;) )

Uncle_Iroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is basically the same as a ban, IMO. Now if you just wait to see if we get more concrete info, that's fine. But come Friday, I'm buying MH4U and I will be playing online within the week (Village quests first, of course ;) )

Well not quite the same. I paid $40 for OmegaRuby, and I can't afford to lose online for it. Don't care so much about rooms and CIAs, since I didn't pay for them, I have no right to get angry.

absinthee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sky3DS owner here. What did people expect?

Nintendo was eventually going to find a way to detect/ban these cards (Sky & GW). It seemed odd that the last couple updates have done very little in the way of blocking. Going online with pirated games using public headers seemed like a generally bad idea. I just hope for everyone's sake that it's just a hardware ban and not your NNID.

Also, I've never gone online with any of the games on my Sky. So ban free here. :P

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
If nintendo have taken a leaf out of microsofts book, then all those saying "im not banned and i used...." May still have the big ban hammer fall on them in the coming weeks months... It all depends how nintendo is logging all the information and whether you are being flagged up.

Who said the ban is instant? They might just flag some up. And then ban later

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If nintendo have taken a leaf out of microsofts book, then all those saying "im not banned and i used...." May still have the big ban hammer fall on them in the coming weeks months... It all depends how nintendo is logging all the information and whether you are being flagged up.

Who said the ban is instant? They might just flag some up. And then ban later
I'd rather it be like Microsoft, then. At least with my 360, I simply just "not be a dick" or do anything blatant like try to play games before release, and rocking well. In many ways, it's because of that attitude that I'm much, much more likely to get an Xbox One over even a WiiU with my hard-earned $$$$ at this point in time.

Sony can kiss my ass, because they refused to even provide a reason for banning my account and system. It's not even like I played online at all. And I earned all my trophies legit.

I didn't have any inherent frustrations with Nintendo hardware... but that EULA update for the WiiU is an automatic turn-off... because if I buy a WiiU with my cash, FIRST thing I'm going to do is hack the vWii portion and start setting up so I could also run Gamecube ISO's off it (that is as long as after I can move my legit purchases onto it, you know). The fact that they want the "right" to snoop around your console at will, and then disable your ability to use the console until you accept the update, is an automatic deal-breaker.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking about sony. i got banned on a PS3 game and guess what they banned my fucking Vita version has well. fucking cross play bull shit just ban the PS3 version but leave my VITA alone so sony can suck a borderlands midget's dick. i'm should keep harssing sony to fix this shit but fuck them

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not agreed, and sky3ds have a new method to inyect private headers....but the community are agreed that is not sure that the bans happends for using public headers.

greetings
You can use private headers with Sky3DS but have no way of getting them with it. And while it might change in the future, private headers have been safe so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/heNQ-22Mqnk?si=B4bTa9MKZkRNCkxU