Hacking Nintendo Ban Wave?

Tenshi_Okami

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Everything right now points to Nintendo being able to detect people using CFWs (or a fatass bug false banning people?). Then again, if my N3DS XL is banned, so be it. I never play online with it anyway.
Same, never played online so idc. I can still do anything else so :P

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Got banned as well (sucks cause this was a friend's LocalFriendCodeSeed_B of his unused 3DS). Only played FE: Echoes. My sending system info was set to ON but on games it was always set to OFF. Haven't played anything else other than the DS FE games before echoes.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Got banned as well (sucks cause this was a friend's LocalFriendCodeSeed_B of his unused 3DS). Only played FE: Echoes. My sending system info was set to ON but on games it was always set to OFF. Haven't played anything else other than the DS FE games before echoes.
People that haven't played Echoes are also getting bans.

Reactions: Natural

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not banned. Wonder if people have their settings to share information with Nintendo. Under System Settings -> Internet Settings -> SpotPass -> Sending of System Information. It's defaulted to YES.

Yup, I had Spotpass on under System Settings.

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo could be just retaliating in another way other than system updates. Any non authorized CIA install (e.g. Homebrew apps) might get the ban hammer since we can always use the online services even with new updates. It might be Game Over (in Derrek's words) in terms of exploiting the console but Nintendo can still cause us damage by limiting the console's usefullness.

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God this is going to be a whirlwind of misinformation. I never ever played a Fire Emblem game, let alone this Echoes thing. Called Nintendo yesterday about this as it was handed to me Monday night, they said "unauthorized software" usage, it's 002-0102, I hack Pokemon, but I've done that everyday for years now and that necessarily hasn't gotten me banned. So it's not just Pokemon or Fire Emblem, there's something more to it. They told me it's temporary too.
But, I looked on support.nintendo.com, and it said, "Any requests to get this ban lifted will be denied." Or something around those lines. I don't have great memory.

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true unless they have a streetpass of you using said app. Or if they own the app maybe, that I don't know.
You might wanna check that again if you have another 3ds laying around. Also if you set a hacked app as favorite (although nobody should) it shows everyone wether they have the app or not.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Also if you set a hacked app as favorite (although nobody should) it shows everyone wether they have the app or not.
Not true. I've tested this with multiple 3DS's before, though I cannot right now as all my 3DSs are CFW'd. Unless things have changed recently. I tested this sometime around version 10.3 (sometime after that)

austin5623

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't calling them to get it lifted, I was calling to ask why the console was banned.
I was meaning that if any requests are going to be denied, and if its only temporary, why won't they say how long the ban is? Because it seems kinda pointless to have unique ban times per console.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was meaning that if any requests are going to be denied, and if its only temporary, why won't they say how long the ban is? Because it seems kinda pointless to have unique ban times per console.

I asked in December when I got this same ban a first time, they are not at liberty to say how long the ban is. It was 30 days for me.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might wanna check that again if you have another 3ds laying around. Also if you set a hacked app as favorite (although nobody should) it shows everyone wether they have the app or not.
I used to have an out of region title not released in my region as my favorite. It was couple years ago. No ban.

Vegalunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not banned for now. I have A9LH 11.4 USA with Luma 3DS. But what happens?
It is assumed that it is impossible to banned users from A9LH and Boot9strap, well, assuming you do not cheat online.

Last edited by Vegalunder,

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I used to have an out of region title not released in my region as my favorite. It was couple years ago. No ban.
He's not saying it might be the cause of the ban (I think) but maybe it's worth saying that I agree this isn't the issue because I had Fire Emblem Echos JP version as my favorite before the US version came out on my American 3DS and I'm not banned, yet.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I asked in December when I got this same ban a first time, they are not at liberty to say how long the ban is. It was 30 days for me.
What a strange way to just tempban people like so? This just makes it feel like flags are going off randomly. Since we all love our hacked 3DSes here. It's hard to find a clear answer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/