Hacking Nintendo Ban Wave?

Crimson-Fyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a confusing problem ... i dont play anything online but i checked online features in pokemon moon (i actually purchased that game) and i have a ban on me as well ... im not really too worried about it but i just find it odd ... i am on a N3dsXL running 11.4.37U with luma 7.1 + B9S ... just incase anyone wonders

Reactions: Natural

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No ban here!!! :toot::toot::toot:

I use an N3DS Super Mario 3D Land edition with B9S and Luma 7.1 using SysNAND.

I will note that I don't have any illegitimate games or software (HBL, lumaupdater, etc..) and this one mainly uses SKY3DS for pirating. I kept this as stock as it comes, so if I need HBL I use ninjahax and I did not install Luma into SysNAND so I update it via sd card.

Haven't checked the 2DS yet, but that one does have freeShop titles and the bloatware from 3ds guide. Will check when I get back from trip.

The reason I'm posting is that I don't think Nintendo is detecting B9S or Luma. Maybe they are going for the low hanging fruit such as looking at title.db for list of titles that don't match region or are invalid such as HBL.cia, or looking at the exdata folder for similar issues....

SoulEater98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned as well, I use a N3DSXL Black with B9S and Luma 7.1 using SysNAND and I only play online with games I actually own, Smash, MK7. Last time I played online was over 2 months ago though.

Edit: Also the last title I downloaded from the freeshop was a SNES game 3 months ago.

Last edited by SoulEater98,

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK so is this a temp ban or a permaban. I'm just asking cause people on he have been saying that they've called Nintendo and that Nintendo has said it's a temp. I don't really card cause I don't play online with my 3ds

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK so is this a temp ban or a permaban. I'm just asking cause people on he have been saying that they've called Nintendo and that Nintendo has said it's a temp. I don't really card cause I don't play online with my 3ds

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

@RustInPeace said he had called on Monday and had gotten the response it was a temp ban, but now everyone is saying it is or it might be a perma ban, judging by the wording on their error code page. So, I guess we need confirmation or to just wait up to 30 days to see if it gets lifted.

Hungarian888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm on 11.3.0-36E, with Luma3ds 6.6, a9lh, New 3ds. I haven't been banned yet. I have only 1 legit game (Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, cuz it's a special edition). I played online with Mario Kart 7 and with the MH4:U before, but now I can't even with ctr httpwn 1.2. I won't update to 11.4, until this madness ends. :)

Joshwraith

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I not get banned, I had luma and update to B9S, no freeshop, I just have FBI, Luma Updater, Themely and JKsavemanager, no extra cias, spotpass was set to on (sharing all data) now if off and wireless too until someone figure it out what is happening.

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
N3DS EU
Boot9Strap
Luma
Pirate
Freeshop, Ciangel are CIAS
DS Flashcard always in game slot
No cheating in online games but playing pirated games online
Custom home menu cia with modified colors and custom shutdown screen
Injected dsiwarehax into ds connections
Custom Injected Serial Number
Downgraded DS Whitelist
Just turned my "send system informations" to off

Not banned

I guess it's Russian Roulette

Last edited by einhuman197,
Reactions: soratheultima

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
all opened apps get stored in activity log, so there is a log of every single app... if Nintendo just checks for Freeshop or FBI there is no way a non hacked console would have those.... so real easy ban. The ban is on their end based on a unique identifier on the console... so even if you stay offline if they got a list from you in the past you are likely banned, the ban doesnt happen when you go online, you are just added to a blacklist on their end.

marbles73

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When did everyone hack their system? I only did last month, AL9H and 3DS guide CIAs installed. Just put in my MK7 cart to check and it connected fine. I was playing Pokemon Sun online yesterday and last night as well (I own it though).

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When did everyone hack their system? I only did last month, AL9H and 3DS guide CIAs installed. Just put in my MK7 cart to check and it connected fine. I was playing Pokemon Sun online yesterday and last night as well (I own it though).

Did it roughly last month or at the end of March, first I installed Emunand and then I switched to A9LH the following day.

Jote17

Trophies
XP
Country
Did not get banned and hope this can help to find what are causing it...

- Sighax method, updated to 11.4

- I never install a CFW before Sighax but I opened acces to HBL by sound app few months ago to use PKSM

- Installed freeshop, themeum, PKSM and HBL after Sighax

- Installed but never run some CV games downloaded directly from freeshop app (Pokemon Red, Mario Deluxe... all EU region)

- Spotpass and games information are both enabled

I think we can start to think about Spotpass is not the real problem, maybe its a plus but not the real reason. I think maybe the problem, like always, is if you ever play online running a not legitim game...

Attachments

• IMG_0706.JPG
    IMG_0706.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 397

RandomFish13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I need everyone banned to DM me.

I addition, some facts about the ban.

It is not caused by Fire Emblem Echoes.
Most bans seem to be coming from US.
Both a9lh users and b9s users are receiving bans.
Banned users can access eShop, Miiverse, and Friends List. Go into a game to check your status.
I'll dm you once I get 10 posts

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean, it's not like I play online anyways

KitsuneSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A friend of mine was banned and his console didn't even got a CFW, it didn't even had contact with homebrews or exploits.
I have a O3DS with A9LH and 11.4 firmware and my console is fine, and i got the SpotPass disabled.

Reactions: Natural

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A friend of mine was banned and his console didn't even got a CFW, it didn't even had contact with homebrews or exploits.
I have a O3DS with A9LH and 11.4 firmware and my console is fine, and i got the SpotPass disabled.

I'm sorry to ask, but can you back this up with proof about your friend? Are you truly sure he isn't just not telling you? It would go a long way of narrowing down the possible causes for this, or at least make us more aware that it's not only people with custom firmwares that are being targetted.

KitsuneSama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry to ask, but can you back this up with proof about your friend? Are you truly sure he isn't just not telling you? It would go a long way of narrowing down the possible causes for this, or at least make us more aware that it's not only people with custom firmwares that are being targetted.
Yes, i'm pretty sure that he is 100% legit.
He never liked this piracy/cfw thing.
Bro, he has like 200 games in cartridge, he is 200% legit, i'm sure of it.

@EDIT
I just can't think in a way i can proof this for you, sorry.

Last edited by KitsuneSama,

Zalexard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, i'm pretty sure that he is 100% legit.
He never liked this piracy/cfw thing.
Bro, he has like 200 games in cartridge, he is 200% legit, i'm sure of it.

@EDIT
I just can't think in a way i can proof this for you, sorry.

No problem man, we're just trying to figure out what's going on, every bit of info helps. :)

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
damn, wtf is going on...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.