Nintendo Announces a BIG New Game!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, May 7, 2010.

May 7, 2010
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Its not F-Zero Wii, Kid Icarus, Mole Mania 2 (yeah I dream too much) nor is it StarFox...its Wii Party.

Oh GTFO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright well the two Wii Sports titles were pretty excellent but Wii Fit (first one), Wii Music & Wii Play were dreadful. I could hope that this is more of the quality of Wii Sports.

Reposting Kotaku Is What Real Men Do

2. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    Woohooo....
    what is the name of the sport in the first screenshot?

3. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    This? THIS WAS THE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT?! God damn it, Nintendo. I should punch you in the nuts for this. Where's my ****ing Starfox game? Where the hell's F-Zero? New 2D DS Metroid? Why the hell is this bollocks such a high priority for you? God ****ing damn it.

4. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    They call that a big new game? ...
    Maybe to make profit, but it isn't a big title. Quite sad and dissapointing.

5. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    What concerns me is that putting "Wii" in front of it to them means it'll make more money then putting "Mario" in front of it.

Coming soon: Super Wii Galaxy! All the character from the Mario games GONE so you can play as your generic Mii character.

A bit of a overreaction I'm sure but this move to me sounds like something from a lesser publishing company then "The Big N".

6. Matt140

Member Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Sounds really.... fun..

7. purplesludge

Member purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    No starfox? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Sanderino

Netherlands
    That's because it looks mainstream and then the casual gamer will buy it quicker. So yeah, profit. It's sad.. That's why I'd actually bought my Xbox360 in the first place.

"What about the hardcore gamers Ninty?" [​IMG]

9. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Metroid Other M
    Mario Galaxy 2
    Sin & Punishment 2
    Xenoblade
    The Last Story
    New Zelda
    New Pikmin

More than what most publishers have done but still I want more then them. [​IMG]

I suspect that a lot of teams are working hard on 3DS titles but it does seem like a bigger push this year from Nintendo on the "hardcore" front though to me "hardcore" is a somewhat retarded name for them, games are games end of.

10. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Again. Holy shit or holy awesome?

11. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Why do you people think this is (one of?) the big announcement(s)?
    This isn't ONM or NP.

12. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Jeez, it seems to me as if Nintendo are abandoning games like F-Zero, Starfox etc. to make "big" games like this.

13. naglaro00

Member naglaro00 Mildly disturbed

Philippines
    I'm sick of this "Wii Crap" series... Wii Music isn't even that fun.

14. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    There are very few "hardcore gamers" (stupid term) playing games anymore. A "hardcore gamer" loves GAMES, and isn't a fanboy/fangirl. The hardware merely exists as a means to play those games, and a "hardcore gamer" tries to own them all so they can play anything that interests them. The Wii would be of great interest to a "hardcore gamer", as the difference in control scheme makes for games that they can't (yet, anyway) play on another platform. They also can't play games made by Nintendo anywhere else either.

At the end of the day, Nintendo is still successfully catering to many different markets. The same company brings you the Nintendo magic with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid: Other M, brings you bizarre games like Sin & Punishment 2, and games for everyone like Wii Party. So what? E3 is still happening in June, and Nintendo is likely to stick out their cock with a big helping of Zelda or some other major franchise to keep the faithful salivating. They always do.

The term "hardcore gamer" really makes me barf. Playing an Xbox and crapping on Wii doesn't make you "hardcore" -- it makes you an idiot.

15. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Wii Play and Wii Sports Resort are pretty good in my opinion.
    And again, this doesn't mean this game is the "big" story on ONM or NP.

16. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    All i read was the first line [​IMG]

17. Sanderino

Netherlands
    I don't like the term either. But it's used by a lot to refer a gamer you described. ]

You mean me? I don't crap on the Wii. I just prefer Xbox over Wii now. Because in my opinion I saw to many casual games. Does that make me an idiot? Because that's my opinion.

18. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    Hardcore gamers are just people who play their games night and day, it is totally irrelevant as you can play wii sports the whole day too.

So I don't know what you are talking about.

And Nintendo isn't really giving up on their old "less-casual" gamers base, if they did, every game would allow you to play as your Mii and use gimmicky controls while reusing the same content over and over again. Sounds familiar? Shovelware.

And they wouldn't even look for innovation in controls, making their games with control pad will still sell and need less development than accelerometers(not to mention an already wide library of games to "base on")

People expect more from Ninty since they set the bar extremely high in the past, when they produce less of their big titles people start to over-react. It's not wrong to become corporate minded, that's why it's a corporate you know? The more it expands, the more shareholders and more pressure to gain profit.

At least ninty still churns out many great games, along with decent ones(not all of these titles are bad, or so I heard).

19. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    I´m thinking, after 3 years owning a Wii, maybe, just maybe I should spend a couple more Euros and buy a PS3 or an X360...

Nintendo, damn you!

20. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    you might not like these games but it's these games that sell the most these days peeps are getting very tired of shooters (i know I am). that's why both sony and m$ are making motion controls to try and tap into nintendos casual market. a console cannot survive alone on just hardcore games sony and m$ have finally figured this out and are desperatly trying to get into the casual market. but it's too late now this gen is coming to an end.