Nintendo acquires Dynamo Pictures, producer of Pikmin 3 short films

Nintendo announced today it would be acquiring CG production company Dynamo Pictures. Dynamo Pictures has worked with Nintendo in the past on games such as Metroid: Other M, and produced three short films based on the Pikmin franchise back in 2014. The deal is expected to finalize by October 3, 2022, and Nintendo believes this acquisition will help "to strengthen the planning and production structure of visual content in the Nintendo group." Upon closing of the acquisition, Dynamo Pictures will also be renamed to Nintendo Pictures Co. Ltd., and they will be tasked with "development of visual content utilizing Nintendo IP."

:arrow: Source

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we get another Mario Mario and Luigi Mario movie?
Oh NO. Please God, no. :wacko:

Joking aside, a fan-made sequel might actually be more entertaining than the original movie. It might even be made less confusing and not feature the Flying Squirrel Circus as directors.

I watched a documentary on YouTube (via NewPipe) on the making of that terrible movie. It was actually quite fascinating. I'll link it here.

Norman Caruso is pretty fascinating; I recommend watching his stuff if you got some time.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Joking aside, a fan-made sequel might actually be more entertaining than the original movie. It might even be made less confusing and not feature the Flying Squirrel Circus as directors.

I watched a documentary on YouTube (via NewPipe) on the making of that terrible movie. It was actually quite fascinating. I'll link it here.

Norman Caruso is pretty fascinating; I recommend watching his stuff if you got some time.

Let's be completely honest here. The Live action Mario movie is going to look like a goddamn masterpiece compared to the animated one that is going to release soon. I am not even saying that in a dismissive matter given the amount of delays it has. After all most of the time a film has a delay its because they realized they made something awful to audiences and they need to reshoot/rework/rewrite things so that they are less terrible than before. Problem is unless they decide to completely rewrite and reanimate entire aspects of the movie to make it flow properly chances are its going to be very apparent that shit got ripped apart and stitched back together to make it look as acceptable as possible for film release.

I can't say how it's going to look like when it does come to release, but with so much time passing already, no trailer or anything showing off what to expect of the movie aside from the VA news we got ages ago, its a concern what the future of this film is going to look like.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

My friends, as a kid, didn't believe me when I told them this movie existed.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France

The Mario Bros movie was an enjoyable ride, that's a hill I'm 100% willing to die on. Sure, it doesn't really respect the source material but it's definitely fun.

Jaxom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
These shorts were great and Other M's cut scenes were also good in term of technical achievement, so it cannot be a bad decision to add such a nice studio to the group. I just hope it won't turn as a Retro Studio-like situation. 🤞

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They look more willing to finally acquire the companies that work closely for them, that's a good thing imo
They just took so fucking long, did they really had to wait to see Microsoft buying Activision and Sony Bungie to buy stuff themselves ?

I don't remember the Pikmin shorts too much, but I remember them looking great and had fun watching those at the time, there's really a potential for short films or something with Nintendo IPs, they could take example at Blizzard's cinematics or even Riot

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Nintendo should definitely make more anime based on their IP. Zelda, Star Force, Fire Emblem... they all have cool lore that could adapted rather well to Anime. Heck, I would even down for a slice-of-life with Kirby or Animal Crossing.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo should definitely make more anime based on their IP. Zelda, Star Force, Fire Emblem... they all have cool lore that could adapted rather well to Anime. Heck, I would even down for a slice-of-life with Kirby or Animal Crossing.
Of all these flavors and you forget the sweetest of them all..

WHERE IS MY MOTHER SERIES ANIME NINTENDO?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1