Nintendo 3DS XL: Full Technical Specs

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For people complaining about pixels: I just calculated, and the 3DS XL has a higher pixel density (i.e. smaller pixels) compared to the DS lite and the DSi. The PPI is almost the same as most computer monitors. So quit complaining.

Wedel

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
is it only me or does the size's [134mm × 74mm × vertical thickness horizontal 21mm (when folded)] are those of the normal 3ds?
cause if i remember correctly, in the direct they wrote these sizes are of the normal 3ds and the xl version would be 156mm X 93mm X 22mm...
are you guys sure these are real specs? was just wondering...

D

Deleted_171835

Put it this way:
"Yay! My DS games were blurry on my 3DS, let's get the 3DSXL and make them EVEN MORE BLURRY! I'LL NEED GLASSES BY 40!"
If people complained about the DS games on the regular 3DS, why the hell would they even bother playing them in the XL version?
Because 1:1 mode would be bigger? Playing DS games on a 3DSXL is better than on a regular 3DS.

Reactions: 1 person

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The better battery would be nice but it's not like it's really any technological achievement. The batter is just probably physically bigger since I'm sure the circuitry doesn't need to be any bigger (smaller perhaps) and the bigger screen doesn't account for ALL the expanded size.

EDIT : Nevermind. Judging by the same motherboard being used in the newer, no-gamecube Wiis, if they can manage it, the circuitry will be EXACTLY the same as in the normal 3DS.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Put it this way:

"Yay! My DS games were blurry on my 3DS, let's get the 3DSXL and make them EVEN MORE BLURRY! I'LL NEED GLASSES BY 40!"

If people complained about the DS games on the regular 3DS, why the hell would they even bother playing them in the XL version?
1.1 mode can do native res DS games.

DS games on 3DS 1.1
6uipO.png

DS games on 3DS XL 1.1
qbCVk.png

As you can see 1.1 will make DS games larger on the 3DS XL than really tiny compared to the 3DS. It will be 3.34 inches on 1.1, that's larger than original 3DS's top wide screen!

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Put it this way:

1.1 mode can do native res DS games.

DS games on 3DS 1.1
6uipO.png

DS games on 3DS XL 1.1
qbCVk.png

As you can see 1.1 will make DS games larger on the 3DS XL than really tiny compared to the 3DS. It will be 3.34 inches on 1.1, that's larger than original 3DS's top wide screen!
So basically, the 1:1 mode will make it slightly bigger than the DSi. I guess it's still worth keeping my DSi XL, but this is great for people who didn't get one.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the wifi list correct? If so they dropped wifi N support...Another reason to not "upgrade" to the new model.

2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA™/WPA2™ security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the enviromental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Link

If I'm reading correctly, they never put that in.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the wifi list correct? If so they dropped wifi N support...Another reason to not "upgrade" to the new model.

2.4 GHz. Enabling local wireless communication among multiple Nintendo 3DS systems for game play and StreetPass. Enabling access to the Internet through wireless LAN access points (supports IEEE802.11 b/g with the WPA™/WPA2™ security feature). Recommended distance of wireless communication is within 98.4 feet. This can be shorter depending on the enviromental situation. WPA and WPA2 are marks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
Link

If I'm reading correctly, they never put that in.

Someone listing features made a mistake somewhere then on the 3DS. I have my router switched to N only mode and my 3DS can still connect while my dsi can not. All my device (except the psp and wii, which I don't play online anyway) have wifi N.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Someone listing features made a mistake somewhere then on the 3DS. I have my router switched to N only mode and my 3DS can still connect while my dsi can not. All my device (except the psp and wii, which I don't play online anyway) have wifi N.
Wii does not have WiFi N either. N mode must have some limited backwards compatibility with G that the DSi just doesn't work with very well because I know that WiFi N was going to be NEW with Wii U and not on the Wii.

EDIT : and a quick google search seems to confirm that both Wii and 3DS have b/g adapters, no n. (the N doesn't stand for Nintendo if that's what's confusing you :P j/k)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-