Nintendo 3DS Power Case - Is it good?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by xxteargodxx, Sep 15, 2011.

Sep 15, 2011
  1. xxteargodxx
    OP

Member xxteargodxx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am considering getting this battery case for my 3ds. Its called the Power Case made by Dream Gear supposedly it just was released at gamestop on September 13th. I called tons of Gamestops today looking for it but none have it and are telling me its been discontinued.

Did this just come out or has it been out for a while? I looked online for reviews on it but can't find any anywhere, so I am assuming it did just come out a few days ago.

I am probably going to order it from Amazon tomorrow for $25 bucks with $3.99 for 1 day shipping.

Here is a link below.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/acces...ower-case/93061

2. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
  3. xxteargodxx
    OP

United States
    EDIT - Also sorry about the link not working, I made this topic on my cell phone (Motorola Droid) so I guess it copied them mobile site link.

I was going to make a post in my topic this morning but since you replied to it I'll reply to you as well. I went ahead and decided to order one of these last night am waiting for it to come in the mail this morning/afternoon (I have one day shipping on it [​IMG]). As for the Shock n' Rock I called up Nyko and someone over the phone told me it will be out between October & November but definitely in time for the holidays.

4. nano351

Member nano351 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The only problem is when the slide pad addon gets released you won't be able to use both an extended power accessory and the slidepad at the same time...

5. xxteargodxx
    OP

United States
    Yeah, I know. I don't plan on buying the SlidePad so soon since I'm not too sure exactly which games will be using it.

6. xxteargodxx
    OP

United States
    Okay so it came finally, I charged the case for 6 hours like they said. Will get a solid chance to use it and see how it works when I go into New York on Sunday to hang out with my friends. Normally it takes 40 minutes to get into NYC & 15 to get to Nintendo World and I keep my 3DS off to conserve battery but this time I will have it on in sleep mode.

I'll also be actively playing some games to run the battery down and see how well the Power Case holds up afterwards and will give a short product review.

Specifications as listed on instructions:

Built In Rechargeable 1300 mAh Lithium-ion Battery
    Output: 1-2.5A
    Charge Input: DC 5V/500MA
    External Input: DC 5V
    Charging Times: Approximately 5.5 hours to charge the Power Case.

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]