Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ichichfly said:
T.Kuranari said:
elisherer said:
History & Science, DSi released @ 2008/09 and Common key found @ Jan'11 (About two years after..)

Not really. The DSi common-key has been found years ago by Team Twiizers, but has not been disclosed to the public because it's of no use. On January this year the key has been leaked and nobody could do something usefull with it. It doesn't mean the 3DS will be hacked or there will be homebrew when the common key is found.

The DSi common-key is not that usefull because the dsi use Modcrypt for most armcode as well.

Yes, that's basically my point. I don't know why people think with a common key only they can hack a gaming device.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
koji2009 said:
iNFiNiTY said:
It's possible for someone to be working on an emulator, games are irrelevant... the person would just need the 3DS SDK at the very least. Infact it probably even includes the dev emulator (which will not run retail games).

The hardware is very different so i wouldn't expect anything for years. It's not like Gamecube -> Wii for example.

Maybe the early SDKs came with a rough "emulator" to test code on, but it would be unnecessary for the release model SDKs. It's already been confirmed that SDKs come with development units... That is units that can be hooked up to computers or use debug flash kits for testing code.

Several have even turned up on ebay, though they are generally incomplete (only coming with the base unit, no way to connect to a PC, the flash carts, or any of the associated software... making them useless to anyone but a collector)

As for it helping create an emulator... possibly yes... and possibly no. Modern games are written in very high level languages (C/C++ for example) which is what the SDKs will be based off of. There probably won't be a lot of ways to access the low level functions through them, they kind you'd need to be able to analyze to create an emulator from. While it's true you could take the SDKs, compile the examples, then decompile them to ARM ASM and try and work backwards from that but it would be INCREDIBLY time consuming and overly complex, especially since we still have no real idea about the hardware specifics of the system (other than the ram chip and that the main CPU is a custom ARM11 variant of unknown speed with an integrated PICA200 chip of unknown speed and memory)

Well i only say about the emulator because the DS SDK had emulator too in the very early days even. So i just thought it might be the same, not sure why when you got the dev units though.

But yeah you are right otherwise it probably wouldn't help much. Except it would surely enlighten on the specific hardware at least. Someone posted in another topic they had a devkit (and shows a picture showing apparent debugging of a retail game) and i know people have the SDK too so i reckon someones probably got them together to be able to work on this. Just maybe not the right person heh. All that Nintendo dev software seems to get spread around in private very often. And keep it mind while it might not have the flashcart, surely code can be run from the other card slot now too considering their store games run on there.

If they did make a new 'Ensata' emulator for 3DS simply using that and debugging it would certainly help too. It's easier just to say to everyone no its not possible so people shut up though
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1