ROM Hack Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - Translation Project

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
...however, and due to various reasons I decided to postpone the project until the summer.
The first reason is my work, I have one of the hardest years of my life ahead.
The second is to call the final question that the game is released in English and Spanish (though certainly I doubt it)
The third and last is that I want to wait to launch the PS3 version to take it as a reference and the translation is as homogeneous as possible.
Otherwise, I ask only patience and wait until the uncertainty is resolved, for my part I wish to release the game in a language understandable, if not touch it hard XD
Well you both missed the important part of this thread as you see above. Not to speak bad, the guy is not so good on romhacking (own words) and not because he has the movies and some menu translated, that this means that he is capable to do the job.
Adding that he is waiting for the PS3 version so that he can reuse the text but he is on the wrong way because the 2 games are completely different as you can read here: http://www.destructoid.com/level-5-s-ni-no-kuni-gets-release-date-and-ps3-bundle-210012.phtml .
When it was that you saw the first pic with some text in english of AAI2 in this forum?? I believe it was more than 6 months ago and still we are fighting with problems in that screen because of limitation of space, limitations of characters, font with a tile width table but the game doesn't use it = no VWF, etc..... Thanks to Hacko we have almost everything fixed now but even if I would like to see this game translated, I don't have too many hopes for this project from this guys.

About the little discussion about the book that came with the NDS version, the PS3 version has a digital version of it on itself:http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/04/ni-no-kuni-ps3-japanese-release-to-include/

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm doing the romhacking part.

I have done a script editor and some plugins to edit the text from other files, anyway I have to check how the game parse the script (now I know how to do it using IDA, I have just finished doing it in another game). So this is not a problem atm.

He is waiting until june because he's very busy right now due to his studies and he want to look at the PS3 version to have the reference of some specific words.

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good'm tired of waiting, like everyone, and I know the DS version will not come out for reasons of corporate policy and so on, so I want to start the translation of this work of art. Some will say this guy is crazy or that's a great job, I know, but I think with a little support and help we can do.
I have Japanese and unpack the rom I used several programs to find the text, I saw that you have multiple files with any characters NFTR image, also using the wonderful program Tinke I managed to find the subtitles to the videos, at first I modified some compile the rom but the changes have no effect.
Anun not know where the text of the dialogue, which is my main goal along with the videos, so if someone with more experience in this field I would like to help me and give me some inications appreciate a lot. Do not ask anyone to join in this project or that do not translate, just ask a little help, that I provide a script in English from the main story or just tells me how to find other texts to translate.

PD: In addition to having little experience with roms, philologist am also so the translation would be of great quality, I just need a little Auda nothing more.
PDD:The idea would be to do a double translation in English and Spanish.

Greetings to all
happy.gif

Never more will exist a perfect translation like Absolute Zero in DS games like Tales of Innocence... never.. :(

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I knew you had done some tools Pleonex but I didn't know you still working on it...this make things a bit brighter but still, those guys started a bit with the wrong foot here so I don't know. Are others working on it apart Pleonex and the 2 spanish guys (Jefelin and the other) example you StorMyu?? That would make my hope grow bigger and maybe think about more :P

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well you both missed the important part of this thread as you see above.

I understand how you made the mistake, but I am fully aware that the organizer and main translator of this project won't be back on the project until June. This is why I wrote that I had already read all 6 pages prior to having left my comment. However, just because the organizer will be away from the project doesn't mean others like myself can't find something to do in the meantime. As Nikki Giovanni says, "There's always something to do." For me, I decided to put my name in for consideration of being proofreader both because it seems like a job best suited for myself and because it's something I can help out with.

anerik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Is this active? Because i really want that game to come out in eng/spa, even if it's a translation. And i know this is off, but does any of you have the scans of the books with the names translated?

AihanKaidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
translating this is a huge amount of work, that is correct.
there is another thread (
http://gbatemp.net/t...nglish-spanish/
) in here, where someone started to sub the videos, because he can, at least to spanish, which is at least a start, although there have been no new posts since a while.
for a serious translation, the book does not need to be translated in 100%.

the book consists of the data usually found in checklists in the game:
- bestiary
- spells & more magic stuff
- equipment, armor & weapons

what do we know, that is required for play?
- we know about some spells
- does anyone know more?

instead of complaining, we could try to translate at least parts and compile them to a new pdf.
I would actually be willing to contribute to this. My Japanese to English may not be all that elegant, but it would certainly be usable, even if just for amusement...

In terms of the game, all you really need are the spells...some of the subquests are more reliant on translating the Astram language and doing what it tells you..but those'll just lose you out on some marks on your punch card thing, so not horrifically necessary.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay. I've started a little translating from the book. Just some introductory stuff so far. I can start on the spell descriptions next to go along with mrgone's indexing.

They're on tumblr: http://aihankaidan.tumblr.com/ninokuni
and livejournal: http://rasetsu-koku..../ni%20no%20kuni

Only a few pages so far, but it's a start.

Nice!

I don't know Japanese, so I can't say anything about correctness - but it looks good.

My copy of Ninokuni DS never arrived. :[
Even now after three months and contacting Yesasia several times..

AihanKaidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this active? Because i really want that game to come out in eng/spa, even if it's a translation. And i know this is off, but does any of you have the scans of the books with the names translated?
I've only been posting over in the other Ni no Kuni translation thread, but I've been translating the book recently (to English). The links are over there. I'd post them here...but I'm on a cell phone right now, so not the easiest way to post...

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. nice
now i need to work on that index :)
this puts some friendly competition up

2. now if anyone with access to the book is bored and has also access to a scanner or digicam can try to make pics of the spells and some of the illustrations.
i know this is totally unneccessary for playing (as we know of yet), but it could go along nice with the texts

3. the two ni no kuni threads should be merged

@cosmicow: aber es kann doch nicht sein, das yesasia sich dazu gar nicht äußert. hatte mit denen noch nie probleme, einmal war n dvdcase beschädigt. hab ich zurückgeschickt und n neues bekommen und n guthaben für das ausgelegte porto.
als letzte möglichkeit wäre noch, dein zollamt anzurufen, ob sie irgendwas für dich da haben:
beispiel: raum münchen ist das zollamt in garching; im landkreis ebersberg und anderen daneben ist das zollamt in rosenheim, wo dein zollamt ist, musst halt selbst rausfinden

hmm, the two ni no kuni threads should be merged or whatever

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
Weird... For some reason, a fan-translation of the book that comes with the game, which I see as no more copyrighted material than this translation project, was deleted. Anyway, like I said in the post that was deleted, we shouldn't focus too much on translating the book that came with the game since there have already been plenty of fan-translations of the book already made such as the translation I linked in the post.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Weird... For some reason, a fan-translation of the book that comes with the game, which I see as no more copyrighted material than this translation project, was deleted. Anyway, like I said in the post that was deleted, we shouldn't focus too much on translating the book that came with the game since there have already been plenty of fan-translations of the book already made such as the translation I linked in the post.
weird, i have not seen two fantranslations of the book, number one being the one made here.
please link these fan translations of the book here

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i've got a full translation of the book, but it's in spanish, if anyone wants it just pm, and here's another thing:

you can use that to translate spells..

thanx, will
ok, i must admit, i did not search youtube

but i have to say i laughed
when i saw "terepootoo"(spell number 9) mentioned as "remote boat" instead of "teleport"
number 18 labeled feast should be more like voice imitation :) but it's not always that bad
some translation really help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.