1. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    You won't get an answer. Other people have tried to do the same and have been blown off with a response like "We can't comment on that yet as 9.2 support is not finalized"
    But good luck to you.

For everyone's sake I hope they have a kernel exploit. It would suck to be stuck on 9.x and I imagine people will update eventually even if GW still only supports 9.x if there is a game they want badly enough. If there's a kernel exploit, I might stop using my 4.x 3DS entirely in favor of my limited edition 3DS on 9.2, it would be more convenient, then I could play my cartridges that can't be played on emuNAND right now because the save is not compatible (or back them up and play the ROMs) and keep everything on one console. But only time will tell if that's the case.

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Gaza Strip
    Once they find another exploit in another game or such the price of Cubic Ninja will collapse.

Retailers and scalpers will try to do as much profit as possible because they know this won't last forever.

3. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Norway
    Well see... If they respond with a normal answer its pretty much confirmed that theyre using some kind of exploit. But they did say theyre using the same card with no additional hardware so theres that.

Here we go :yaysp:

4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States

Dunno, but I heard the SEPHIROTH exploit is the next gen for the new 3ds.

5. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

United States
    And maybe another exploit called the ONE WINGED ANGEL that might be able to let GW to make emuNAND possible.
    Well, I just found out that someone sent an email to Gateway if they need a v4.X 3DS to install the update. Turns out that you don't need one to update GW.

6. LinkmstrYT
    This message by LinkmstrYT has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 1, 2014, Reason: double post.
    Nov 30, 2014
  7. Xeonhawk

OP Xeonhawk GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Heard the J.E.N.O.V.A exploit might be required

8. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

United States
    Unless your name is Nintendo.

How many exploits are still available for the Wii, and how many exploits carried over from the Wii to the vWii?

9. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Brazil
    They wouldn't waste money fixing a dead system so the Wii was pretty much copypasted into the Wii U.
    Exactly like the NDS was implemented into the 3DS.

10. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    I guess im the only one that likes to play emu with touchscreen on android device.

I admit that i couldnt find that cubic ninja game but im not disappointed as i dont need because i use my andro device for emu.

11. no controls is terrible, just tapping at a cold screen.. no thanks lol

12. Kouen Hasuki

Kouen Hasuki Kouen the Cyber Husky

Norway

If it was designed for buttons, I want buttons so yea I am another against touch screen controls

13. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

United States
    Phones are good for phone calls and texting, not a replacement for anything else. Tablets are good for ???, surfing the web?

purupuru likes this.
  14. price drop of this in 5..4..3..2..1..

Memoir, purupuru and gamesquest1 like this.
  15. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Thank God I returned my copy of Cubic Ninja, I ordered it for 50$ and then changed my mind...I know it's not dead, but considering that I'm not a developer/hacker, I don't see the point of me having it anyway.

16. purupuru

purupuru GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ninjahax is pretty worthless as of today.

17. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Gateway has homebrew support anyways, so if anything, the homebrew scene is now even more accessible to developers who may not have had a 4.5 3DS and who didn't want to drop the cash on a copy of Cubic Ninja.

18. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Nice.
    They posted a new video now too, showing that kernel access still works in 9.X even on the n3DS :D
    However, it didn't look like they were using emuNAND in the video, maybe that doesn't work on 9.x yet.

19. 4gionz

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Honestly cubic ninja was always worthless not ssspwn but cubic ninja, smea could have got the 4.5 users to use the ds profile hack for his exploit and the 9.0 users to use gateways new method whatever it will be and boom no need for cubic ninja at all (not that he could have foreseen this but he can now implement it that way if he wants)

(Anyone above 4.5 should just update to 9.2 right away since there is literally zero point in being anywhere in between)

That would have been the perfect solution i don't care I got cubic ninja for 9$ but it's still in the plastic lol no need for it with gateway but you never know i guess

20. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Official Succubus™ Moody Cubi

Antarctica
    Technically this hack is the tip of iceberg. Like the Twilight Princess Hack back in the day, it's the first of many soon to come and like before Nintendo will patch and another will be found.

21. shinyquagsire23

shinyquagsire23 SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy

United States
    Especially now that we know GW's has a kernel exploit coming for 9.x. That's huge. And if that exploit can be used my smealum or another party, it could greatly strengthen the homebrew scene even more. Just as an example, with that, it's actually possible for us to have a dedicated homebrew channel (at last!), region free is 100% possible, and ofc piracy is also possible. emuNand is most likely possible as well, although Gateway may or may not have it implemented yet on 9.x.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - eventually, worthless, Ninjhax