Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if Nintendo is going to like that someone has confirmed that they are making a Wii U title for their online service without them even saying what it will offer! Question mark in the title because they only said "aiming for Wii U launch" they didn't say anything about it being a eShop or physical release but I'm pretty 100% sure that this won't be physical release seeing its a very NES like title and the 3DS version is eShop.

- remake of 1000 Spikes
- enhaced version features new art, new graphics, new music and sound
- includes multiplayer mode
- supports 4 people local multiplayer
- this is on both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- expect a rather punishing game
- a trailer was shown that featured 20 different ways you can be killed
- hitting the eShop first
- due out this year on 3DS, aiming for the Wii U launch as well

The interesting thing is Nicalis is trying to be ready with the Wii U version for the system's launch. Can we hope for an up-and-running digital shop at Wii U's launch?

22667.jpg

22666.jpg

22664.jpg

22665.jpg

Source: http://gonintendo.co...story&id=175586
Original Source (in French): http://www.revogamer...y-3ds-8407.html

All I can say...day one eShop for Wii U? That would be fantastic, game looks great and I hope this DOES make it unlike the mess that has happened to Cave Story over in Europe though I think that is Nintendo's doing.

Also maybe Trine 2 could be heading to the service?

"Thanks for the suggestion. We are keeping a close eye on all current and upcoming platforms, and we will bring Trine 2 to more platforms in the future... Wii U would make for a nice platform, that's for sure, the tablet would fit Amadeus perfectly indeed. We can't really disclose any "real" info because that's all covered by legal confidentiality agreements and the like... But let's see how it goes. :)"

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=175591

Ok we get a lot of "yeah maybe we will to Nintendo blah blah" which turns out to be "actually we never did" but the highlighted part to me sounds like a slight hint. Either way, already got it on PC and I love it!

EDIT: Fixed title because Toki Tori 2 was announced before.

Reactions: 1 person

holoflame

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Thanks for the suggestion. We are keeping a close eye on all current and upcoming platforms, and we will bring Trine 2 to more platforms in the future... Wii U would make for a nice platform, that's for sure, the tablet would fit Amadeus perfectly indeed. We can't really disclose any "real" info because that's all covered by legal confidentiality agreements and the like... But let's see how it goes. :)"

AKA: Yes, it will come to Wii U

At least I hope so =)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
The launch stuff is interesting, but I don't think this is the first Wii U eShop game to be confirmed. Toki Tori 2 is supposed to be released on Wii U as well, and there is no way that will be a retail title either.

Regardless, I really hope Nintendo will have a good-running, easy-to-use, account-based digital platform running at launch, preferably with all (retail and non-retail) titles on there.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The launch stuff is interesting, but I don't think this is the first Wii U eShop game to be confirmed. Toki Tori 2 is supposed to be released on Wii U as well, and there is no way that will be a retail title either.

Regardless, I really hope Nintendo will have a good-running, easy-to-use, account-based digital platform running at launch, preferably with all (retail and non-retail) titles on there.
Oh yeah totally forgot about that!

Best change title, cheers.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I hope it will come fast to europe as well... IIRC most Nicalis published games have been super slow to reach europe.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say much for the game, but it's nice to see Nintendo moving forward more with offering games on their online service (whatever it ends up being). It'll be interesting to see what other games end up on there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku...