Nicalis Announce Wii U & 3DS eShop Title

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Apr 15, 2012.

Apr 15, 2012
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Not sure if Nintendo is going to like that someone has confirmed that they are making a Wii U title for their online service without them even saying what it will offer! Question mark in the title because they only said "aiming for Wii U launch" they didn't say anything about it being a eShop or physical release but I'm pretty 100% sure that this won't be physical release seeing its a very NES like title and the 3DS version is eShop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: http://gonintendo.co...story&id=175586
    Original Source (in French): http://www.revogamer...y-3ds-8407.html

All I can say...day one eShop for Wii U? That would be fantastic, game looks great and I hope this DOES make it unlike the mess that has happened to Cave Story over in Europe though I think that is Nintendo's doing.

Also maybe Trine 2 could be heading to the service?

"Thanks for the suggestion. We are keeping a close eye on all current and upcoming platforms, and we will bring Trine 2 to more platforms in the future... Wii U would make for a nice platform, that's for sure, the tablet would fit Amadeus perfectly indeed. We can't really disclose any "real" info because that's all covered by legal confidentiality agreements and the like... But let's see how it goes. :)"

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=175591

Ok we get a lot of "yeah maybe we will to Nintendo blah blah" which turns out to be "actually we never did" but the highlighted part to me sounds like a slight hint. Either way, already got it on PC and I love it!

EDIT: Fixed title because Toki Tori 2 was announced before.

1 person likes this.
  2. holoflame

Member holoflame GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    AKA: Yes, it will come to Wii U

At least I hope so =)

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    The launch stuff is interesting, but I don't think this is the first Wii U eShop game to be confirmed. Toki Tori 2 is supposed to be released on Wii U as well, and there is no way that will be a retail title either.

Regardless, I really hope Nintendo will have a good-running, easy-to-use, account-based digital platform running at launch, preferably with all (retail and non-retail) titles on there.

4. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Oh yeah totally forgot about that!

Best change title, cheers.

5. DiNo29

Member DiNo29 GBAtemp Regular

France
    3 people like this.
  6. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I hope it will come fast to europe as well... IIRC most Nicalis published games have been super slow to reach europe.

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    lol its clearly Spanish when you read it. I'm on Xuphor retard mode today :P

3 people like this.
  8. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I can't say much for the game, but it's nice to see Nintendo moving forward more with offering games on their online service (whatever it ends up being). It'll be interesting to see what other games end up on there.