Translation Ni no Kuni Translation [ENG]

Svinorin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only just found out about this game a couple of weeks ago, and found it was Japan only. But I stumbled across this, so now I have renewed hope I'll get to play. Keep up the good work!

bonarontok

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's almost like you've never been given anything for free before from a team of people that volunteered countless valuable hours of their life to providing you such experience. No need to be patient or grateful for that, huh?
I don't say I'm not patient, dude. I thank them too.

Reactions: Plattym3!

JrpgAddict

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't say I'm not patient, dude. I thank them too.
just play the ps3 game and move on , no point in w8ting for this. if they release it fine, if they dont fine too.
ppl are torturing themselfs with this release evrytime i see a comment.
Fan translations are never set on a timely release, it just pops up out of nowhere.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I received my NDS game with the book.
it wasn't as expensive as I thought, only 30$ free shipping from japan.
now, I'm wondering whether I unseal it to look at the book, or keep it sealed for collection.
I guess I can find the book in pdf, but it's always nice to have the real paper book in hands. knowing I'll play the game, I wanted to support the developers. now I have both NDS and PS3 version, I'll get nnk2 on PS4 after completing them.

Last edited by Cyan,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you mind clarifying which rule my Caddyshack gif broke, Cyan? For future reference of course, as I wasn't aware of any such rule. It's not as if this thread is going to suddenly transform into an image post-a-thon because of one harmless image poking fun of bonarontok's funny\rude "I'll still waiting" comment. Maybe YOU don't like them, but this forum has always been lenient with the occasional image posts. Please for the love of Mario and Sonic, let's not turn this forum into another Romhacking.net.

makkuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
While you wait, you can play Ni No Kuni (PS3) on PC. The emulator RPCS3 currently plays many top PS3 games on PC - Demon's Souls, Persona 5 and yes, Ni No Kuni among many others. You can render in 4K-10K and get the best quality those games have ever seen. The performance has improved a lot during the last year and now it's quite good even on mediocre machines. If you have further questions, please go to r/RPCS3 or the discord to ask them, so we don't derail this thread.

Big thank you to the translation team of the DS version. It's a massive and very technically complex project with a lot of debugging and editing to be done. You guys are doing god's work.

Reactions: Anjiera

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
we always remove meme picture if not from eof (end of forum). no word posts, or one word posts have always been deleted. if we didn't, it has been missed or it's relevant (like answer only "yes" to a question), or being an addition to a more complete answer: you write relevant text, and add the picture only as complement, maybe even in a spoiler tag. I've seen few people doing it.
rule is there :
When replying to a topic, don't; unless you have something meaningful to say or something that will contribute to the discussion. Post such as [...] nothing but images/emoticons or internet memes are useless and are wasteful on the servers. This is not GameFAQs or 4chan!
if you have something you want to say, just write it instead of posting a picture saying it for you.
maybe you are right, lenient and occasional means what it means : not always !

Last edited by Cyan,

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we always remove meme picture if not from eof (end of forum). no word posts, or one word posts have always been deleted. if we didn't, it has been missed or it's relevant (like answer only "yes" to a question), or being an addition to a more complete answer: you write relevant text, and add the picture only as complement, maybe even in a spoiler tag. I've seen few people doing it.
rule is there :
if you have something you want to say, just write it instead of posting a picture saying it for you.
maybe you are right, lenient and occasional means what it means : not always !
Ok, thanks for the clarification, Cyan. As stated by the rule, meme responses aren't welcome here as they are on 'GameFAQs and 4chan', but in truth, forums on the web that ban meme responses are incredibly uncommon. Granted, if I added text to the meme that might've gotten it past you, but that would only add more 'wasteful' data toward the server cost, no? From that vantage point, the explanation behind the rule makes little sense. A more practical middle ground would be to allow them occasionally as long as they're appropriate and not abused. Besides, the poster I was responding to deserved that meme and you know it. ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why would I know it?
What I know is this thread doesn't need meme, nor offtopic, nor moderation decision discussion. if you have a problem with not allowing single word posts, single picture post and meme outside eof, let's talk about it somewhere else with all the staff.
being uncommon on the net is irrelevant to how we moderate. meme is useless and horrible. this is not a picture board, and I'll continue to delete them when posted outside eof, like I (and other staff) always do for years.

a lot of people are following this thread and gets email notification when a new message is posted. it's probably annoying when it's not useful or offtopic.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Fel

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would I know it?
What I know is this thread doesn't need meme, nor offtopic, nor moderation decision discussion. if you have a problem with not allowing single word posts, single picture post and meme outside eof, let's talk about it somewhere else with all the staff.
being uncommon on the net is irrelevant to how we moderate. meme is useless and horrible. this is not a picture board, and I'll continue to delete them when posted outside eof, like I (and other staff) always do for years.

a lot of people are following this thread and gets email notification when a new message is posted. it's probably annoying when it's not useful or offtopic.
The meme I posted may be technically against the strict forum rules, but I would not characterize a family friendly image as "horrible". It was a response to what I felt was a rude post aimed at the translator and was designed to defend her while lightening things up. It was never my intention to stray from this thread's positive atmosphere, which is also why I've kept my side of our disagreement cordial. And I've done so despite the fact that you hid my post, while leaving up the one that's baited multiple people into responding.

I'll just leave it at that. :yaynds:

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp. Rip me... I don't have any playstations or a PC. Anyone else have a way to play NNK?
Another way to play NNK-PS3 is through Sony's Playstation Now streaming service, but I just checked -- it only supports the PC and PS4, which doesn't help you. What device are you using to post here btw?

hmsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp. Rip me... I don't have any playstations or a PC. Anyone else have a way to play NNK?
That's obvious, assuming you're talking about the DS version. Just play the Japanese DS version. Rom is easy to find, and so is the emulator. If you're stuck, use the english guide. Problem solved.

Reactions: kosterix

makkuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Play the Spanish version and translate everything with google translate - you'd also learn some Spanish in the process. It's difficult to play that way, but if you have no other option and you are really desperate...

Reactions: Plattym3!

CandyIsOk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play the Spanish version and translate everything with google translate

Google translate? I've tried that on the original game with Japanese. Yeah it didn't work so well...

What device are you using to post here btw?

I'm on a mac. I know I can use boot camp to emulate windows, but I don't have the storage on the mac I'm currently using.

That's obvious, assuming you're talking about the DS version. Just play the Japanese DS version. Rom is easy to find, and so is the emulator. If you're stuck, use the english guide. Problem solved.

I'll just wait for this. Isn't that what its for?

Thanks for everyone's help, though! Just wondering if there was anything I had overlooked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8