Gaming Next Zelda Remake

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you rather have an Oracle of Seasons/Ages remake or a Minish Cap remake. Just finished playing the Oracle games and felt unsatisfied.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would love a Minish Cap remake, but the next one I want is Twilight Princess, but the Wii version this time. Fuck (and I mean this with my entire Hylian hearts) the Gamecube and Wii U versions.

Reactions: GraveShifter15

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think minish cap needs a remake, its like lttp, its perfectly playable today and doesnt really feel dated
seasons/ages would benefit though since it pretty much used the same exact engine as links awakening did

I would love a Minish Cap remake, but the next one I want is Twilight Princess, but the Wii version this time. Fuck (and I mean this with my entire Hylian hearts) the Gamecube and Wii U versions.

What was wrong with the GC ver / hd port on WiiU?

Last edited by Joe88,
Reactions: Dud and tabzer

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes no sense to me why the HD version wasn't both versions, giving you the option to play with motion controls (since Wiimotes still totally worked on Wii U) or the controls already implemented into the game. And from there, you could choose if the world is mirrored or not when you start your adventure, regardless of if you're playing with motion controls or not. It's not even all that unprecedented considering the 3DS version of Ocarina of Time had the unlockable Master Mode which (among other things) mirrored the regular mode. Bah, that choice never made sense to me, especially now that Skyward Sword HD offers you the option to play with either motion controls or traditional.

Anyway, to the question at hand, I think the Oracle Games will likely be next to get remakes, probably just recycling the Link's Awakening remake engine. Makes total sense to do it really. Though I bet the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD releases will see ports to the Switch (maybe they will fix Twilight Princess there to be in line with what I'm saying they should have done, though I'm not holding my breath on that one honestly) in the coming year or two.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't think minish cap needs a remake, its like lttp, its perfectly playable today and doesnt really feel dated
seasons/ages would benefit though since it pretty much used the same exact engine as links awakening did

The world is flipped/mirrored, making the game feel stupid.

Last edited by Jayro,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not to me it's not. It was a Wii launch title. That makes it the definitive version of the game.
The Wii game is the mirrored one because Link is normally left handed so they mirrored everything to make him right handed to work better with the motion controls. Link is left handed in the GC/Wii U version hence that is the "correct" version.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to me it's not. It was a Wii launch title. That makes it the definitive version of the game.
It was and always would be a Gamecube game that was ported at last min to meet the Wii launch and delayed several times because of that even though the game was basically completed for the gcn, the tacked on low quality motion controls, inability to even use a regular controller in that ver, where skyward sword is something that was an actual zelda game designed for the wii. The games looked exactly and performed the same even though the wii had more power under the hood.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres already a remake, Twilight Princess HD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ocarina of Time didn't need a remake but it still got one.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was just a port with improved textures

Links awakening is the only zelda game to date that got an actual remake, everything else is just ports
a port with with improved textures...so a remake.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

a port with with improved textures...so a remake.
Ocarina of Time 3D, Majora's Mask 3D and Wind Waker HD are remakes so I don't know what you're talking about.

notmipha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
out of the 3d games i think twilight princess is the one that most desperately needs a remake, but i really want to play windwaker on the switch i would settle for a port. of the 2d games i think the oracle games are due for a from the ground remake. tho if they sell them separetly at 60$ each i would buy a plane ticket to japan and personally make sure nintendo as a company ceases to exist and also i hope they have a more serious and creepier art style than link's awakening (not to say i didnt like it, but i think a different art style would fit this game better)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only place would be instagram.