Next PlayStation Currently Under Research Says Sony

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony executives have confirmed that a portion of research and design costs for the fiscal year are set aside for the development of future games platforms.

Also noting that the company is spending on the forthcoming NGP handheld, chief financial officer Masaru Kato said development is already underway on hardware that will succeed the current PlayStation 3.

"We have a portable, NGP, to be launched later this year, so we have development expenses to be incurred for this product. And for the home equipment, the PS3, this still has a product life, but this is a platform business," he said.

"So for the future platform, when we will be introducing what product I cannot discuss that, but our development work is already underway and the costs are incurred there."

It's the first official acknowledgement that Sony is researching and prototyping future hardware, although what format it will take and a timeline to completion is not known at this point.

However, it contradicts Sony boss Kaz Hirai's statements from March, in which he said that the company was not even debating any near-future home console while the PlayStation 3 is still selling so well and only half way through its intended 10 year lifecycle.[/p]
Source

To be expected really to be honest, you can't expect a company like Sony or Microsoft not to be researching and developing their next generation of consoles at any point, especially now that Project Cafe is gathering steam.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
@OP, your Avatar scares me.

Anyways, so a PS4 will likely be announced at E3 2012 eh?
unsure.gif
Figures, it's always like this, Nintendo releases a console, then MS and Sony come up with a console that has 5 times more graphics than Nintendos console, thus, bringing about the graphics war. When I saw that news of Super HD, which has 16x more resolution than HD, I was like, "Seriously? What's next? 100x HD that shows even the body cells of a human?" -_- Seriously speaking, 1080p HD was fine, why keep advancing, in 5-6 years time, you won't even know if you're actually playing a game or looking out through a window.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
@OP, your Avatar scares me.

Anyways, so a PS4 will likely be announced at E3 2012 eh?
unsure.gif
Figures, it's always like this, Nintendo releases a console, then MS and Sony come up with a console that has 5 times more graphics than Nintendos console, thus, bringing about the graphics war. When I saw that news of Super HD, which has 16x more resolution than HD, I was like, "Seriously? What's next? 100x HD that shows even the body cells of a human?" -_- Seriously speaking, 1080p HD was fine, why keep advancing, in 5-6 years time, you won't even know if you're actually playing a game or looking out through a window.
My avatar scares everyone.
biggrin.gif

Apparently the PS3 supports 4K which is the next step up from HD so you would think that it would be pretty secure in its place for some time now.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Ah won't you ever change it? Living In A Horror Box
ohnoes.png
*no offense intended*. Sorry if you felt offended by that but I just had to do it xD

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
No source

No source means no news.
No source means I got it from somewhere that doesn't liked to be sourced, ie gamesindustry.biz.

@SamAsh you didn't offend me at all, haha!
Doesnt matter. If a news doesnt have a source, it's no news.
Proof please.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
machomuu said:
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
WiiBricker said:
Livin in a box said:
No source

No source means no news.
No source means I got it from somewhere that doesn't liked to be sourced, ie gamesindustry.biz.

@SamAsh you didn't offend me at all, haha!
Doesnt matter. If a news doesnt have a source, it's no news.
Proof please.
Believe in the news without a source or just go your merry way and forget this ever happened, no one gets hurt
yay.gif

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Besides, it's a copyright infringement to quote news from gamesindustry.biz without permission.

QUOTE said:
This site © 2002-2011 Eurogamer Network Ltd. All Rights Reserved. No part of this site or its content may be reproduced without the permission of the copyright holder.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
WiiBricker said:
Besides, it's a copyright infringement to quote news from gamesindustry.biz without permission.

QUOTE said:
This site © 2002-2011 Eurogamer Network Ltd. All Rights Reserved. No part of this site or its content may be reproduced without the permission of the copyright holder.
hobbit-head-450.jpg

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:

QUOTE said:
He never said he got it from there, he just said that as an example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one