NULL

Next Gen sales are Neck&Neck

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by chavosaur, Dec 12, 2013.

1. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    WiiU sells 4 million... Sony and Microsoft sell 1/2 that amount each in a month... am I the only one who sees a new Wii generation coming? I don't really think I should be pointing fingers at anyone right now, though; lets give it 'til March... but right now, I think it's the developer's fault << (but that might be my fanboyism showing... :unsure: )

2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

This is what Nintendo fans actually believe.

chavosaur, Ron, gamefan5 and 2 others like this.
  3. Minox

Minox Thanks for the fish

Former Staff
    Aug 27, 2007
    Japan
    Who gives a shit how much these consoles sell? So long as good/lovely games come out for them I don't see why these numbers matter to anyone else but Sony/MS, its investors and quite possibly also its employees.

4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Every single new console ever is just an upgraded version of its predecessor. (yes, I know the architecture is different; I meant in terms of output) That's kind of the point.

5. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    They matter to game publishers. The more consoles are sold, the bigger the market for their games, the more likely they are to publish games for that platform. More consoles sold = more games = better likelihood of good games.

6. jacksprat1990

jacksprat1990 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Good start by both but there's no games that justify purchasing these right now.

7. T Link7

T Link7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2008
    Netherlands

Good job with generalizing a large group of people... :P I'm a Nintendo fan, but I still want the PS4 to do well, because I think it's a nice console (a bit too expensive though... it's $550,00 here...) and it's succes will hopefully get Nintendo going with rejuvenating the Wii U. I don't care about the XBone though. That console can go die in a fire (but it probably won't, unfortunately). P.S., do you and Guild sustain yourself with remarks like these? Because you guys make such statements quite often. ;)

8. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    With the size of the Xboner it'll probably put the fire out :D
    edit: nvm

9. The Milkman

The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

Jan 12, 2011
    United States
    Throwing milk at the bitches!

Yeah, because AMD Jaguar's are the same thing as PowerPCs.

10. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    To be fair both consoles bring a slew of multimedia options to the table immediately. I wouldn't say any of the launch games are particularly interesting but I would be lying if I said having the Xbox take the place of your cable box isn't appealing.

11. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    even though I have allways been a Nintendo fan (got every single nintendo console that was available up to the Wii) still I think nintendo is going the wrong path and I might Switch to Sony !

The Wii was already just a block of junk for me except for maybe 3 or 4 nice games still the whole wiimote and nunchuck thing made the console completely bad.
    Now the WiiU with that big chunky whatever it is they call Gamepad is another step into the wrong direction in my opinion even though many fanboys seem to like it ... I wouldn't want to hold this big thing in my Hands for hours of Gaming and I do not see why it would be neccesary to have another Screen on your Hands, everyone else can get everything on one Screen .....

even the DS was in my opinion not as good as the GBA (even though it was still good) but there it already seemed to me that Nintendo is getting worse every time they try to add something unique :(

12. gamefan5

gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Aug 29, 2010
    Canada
    Somewhere in this Earth
    Spoken like someone that doesn't know shit of what he's talking about. :rofl:

13. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    How do you know if someone's a Nintendo fan?

Warning: Spoilers inside!

14. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Also everyone should hope the Xbox One does well, the more it sells the more competition it breeds. That means every other competitor will have to make more, better games to compete.

So let's go Xbox One woohoo!

15. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Couple of things:

Just because someone likes the GamePad doesn't mean they're a fanboy
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Also, you talk about unique, lets not forget that this is the same company that people laughed at for using analog, which is now a staple. they brought rumble, which is a staple. they didn't bring, but they perfected the use of touch screens. motion control.

Really, Nintendo has and always will be about bringing new things to the table. Microsoft and Sony bring new things in different ways, but in terms of playing your console, that's where Nintendo shines.

16. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Because playing every game with a Wiimote + Nunchuck "shined" a ton.

If you say "get a Classic Controller/Pro!" then you're just feeding into Nintendo's awful "pay for our mistakes" policy or their "we make a dozen awful accessories that end up having little to no use" policy. Pick one or both.

17. ShadowSoldier

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    When they were done right, the WiiMote/Nunchuk worked beautifully. Take games like No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, Metroid Prime, Call of Duty, Skyward Sword (crap game but the controls worked great).

Hell it must have done something right if Sony thought they could copy the idea.

18. Guild McCommunist

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Red Steel 2 and Skyward Sword both required an addon or purchase of a new remote. Great job Nintendo.

No More Heroes was good in many ways. Controls was not one of them.

Take any good Wiimote games and put them against all the games that were forced to use them and there's a huge disparity.

19. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Meanwhile at Nintendo...
    [​IMG]

Too bad about the WiiU though, all it needs is more games, really. The new Smash Bros would sell the system for sure, but I can foresee the PS4/Xbone sales completely eclipsing the sales of the poor thing.

20. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    goes to show, the android/ios does not have the library to satisfy the 'true gamers'

NULL