Trophies
XP
Country
>steals arm9loaderhax and calls it gateway fastboot
>it's super unstable
>bricks competitor cards
>still doesn't have 11.4+ emunand
"competitor"
Clone actually, supercard used their Launcher, when Gateway updated their Launcher to brick DSTWO+ flashcard, supercard didn't tested it and got their users bricked.

And yeah Gateway are so godamn slow to update and even to steal stuff, even to update stolen stuff :rofl2:

Reactions: Xathya

Xathya

residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
>steals arm9loaderhax and calls it gateway fastboot
>it's super unstable
>bricks competitor cards
>still doesn't have 11.4+ emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's a different r4 team. There are like fifteen different ones.
excuse me but please readm y post, i didnt dismis they done bad things but also good things. did you know thomas edition was a fucking asshole? look it up, but we still use many of his inventions to this day

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
excuse me but please readm y post, i didnt dismis they done bad things but also good things. did you know thomas edition was a fucking asshole? look it up, but we still use many of his inventions to this day
their cheat menu is fucking awesome, but that all, if it's not mset/multirom/9.2 kexploit they did nothing else

I don't even know if StarGate made that ntrboothax feature by themself, 1 week after the release it seem a bit too fast, especially if it's really Gateway

Xathya

Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
That analogy would make sense if gateway 3ds cards were actually good.
to be perfectly honest, i can see why some would prefer cias ect, but no one can deny that transferring the roms super fast over physical connection is way faster for those who play an lot of games, not to mention, the gatewway cheat engine is also great, AND of course, gateway were first :)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
can we please stop dumping on gateway? their really not THAT bad, theyve done some scummy things (just like everyonne) and some good things (just like everyone) they dont deserve all that hate, and they wouldnt just flat in steal luma, maybe utilize parts of it, which to my know is completely fine since luma is foss and inside free licensing
Are you KIDDING ME? They flat-out STOLE A9LH and acted like they created it just for their flashcard. They steal TONS of code, so yeah, on top of all their "Soon" promises they keep breaking, they can suck my ass with a straw.

Trophies
XP
to be perfectly honest, i can see why some would prefer cias ect, but no one can deny that transferring the roms super fast over physical connection is way faster for those who play an lot of games, not to mention, the gatewway cheat engine is also great, AND of course, gateway were first :)
I'll give you that their cheat engine is great. But transferring roms over physical connection? That doesn't beat the convenience of just downloading from the freeshop. And them being first doesn't give them a pass.

Are you KIDDING ME? They flat-out STOLE A9LH and acted like they created it just for their flashcard. They steal TONS of code, so yeah, on top of all their "Soon" promises they keep breaking, they can suck my ass with a straw.
To be fair, we stole memchunkhax1/firmlaunchhax.

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
ok you are right on this post, BUT even if they are cooler feature they are not 100% needed for free users, once installed it is forever

it's not like if they made nothing lol

Xathya

Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
their cheat menu is fucking awesome, but that all, if it's not mset/multirom/9.2 kexploit they did nothing else

I don't even know if StarGate made that ntrboothax by themself, 1 week after the release it seem a bit too fast, especially if it's Gateway
what does it matter if they made it or not? if i understand anything about open source its that we can use for anything, including providing in commercial products etc, they HAVE done good things to

Reactions: Arck

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
what does it matter if they made it or not? if i understand anything about open source its that we can use for anything, including providing in commercial products etc, they HAVE done good things to
they have to provide source and at least credits, thing they didn't did, if they has done it maybe they'll got a better reputation.

Last edited by Arck,
Reactions: some1ne

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
ok, that is true, but how often are gateway credited? they made the entire emunand system that even the community based emunand on
I saw some credits for Gateway on a random project.
They made the scene progress faster, not everything + they didn't made anything open source so people had to make it by themself...
afaik Gateway credited only once

Reactions: Xathya
D

Deleted User

Honestly, if this could boot non-commercial ROMs without booting into CFW that would be fantastic. No need to install any CIAs, not even of homebrew, without a CFW would be worth it to me (if i didn't already have CFW)

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, if this could boot non-commercial ROMs without booting into CFW that would be fantastic. No need to install any CIAs, not even of homebrew, without a CFW would be worth it to me (if i didn't already have CFW)
You can't really boot non-commercial ROMs without CFW, Homebrew would have need to be signed, thign that only Nintendo can do.

Xathya

Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
The only good thing I can say is good about this cart is that it does everything in one cart. I would be willing to pay 40 for all that but at 80 I would have to see something amazing to even consider it.
well it plays all the games of more than 5 games console without having to install annoying cia that has to be updates every two week and i consider that amazing enough by itself!

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: New Orange Pi 🥰