residence aparents trols of temps
Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
even tough some say its by gateway theme i dont think , would never abandon user base, still works with first release, no orange button upgrade ect, still think look neat and will probably get, i love gateway and actual carts instead cfw, also DS AND 3DS IN SAME! oh and snes even on first 3ds which nintendo could not even with virtual.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even tough some say its by gateway theme i dont think , would never abandon user base, still works with first release, no orange button upgrade ect, still think look neat and will probably get, i love gateway and actual carts instead cfw, also DS AND 3DS IN SAME! oh and snes even on first 3ds which nintendo could not even with virtual.
From what I have heard gateway sounds like the company who would abbadon their user base... Snes emulation can be run on cfw or even the hbl on old 3ds's almost perfectly so your wrong about that being a gateway exclusive feature. As I said above about stargate the same goes for gateway with the only useful features being better ds loading and cheat loading.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's cute...
So you're ok with the brick risk or the inability to update your system if you want to still be able to use the card.
At least SKY cards are still working whatever firmware you have and present no risk to your system.

So in the end Gateway realised they can't fix their shit and cloned the SKY3DS+ and added DS flashcart feature... It's a smart commercial move (who cares about the existing users, they're selling a new product) and the all-in-one part is interesting but the price is ridiculous. Everything it does, CFW does it for at best 20$.

/CaptainObvious

Last edited by Redferne,

Xathya

Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
From what I have heard gateway sounds like the company who would abbadon their user base... Snes emulation can be run on cfw or even the hbl on old 3ds's almost perfectly so your wrong about that being a gateway exclusive feature. As I said above about stargate the same goes for gateway with the only useful features being better ds loading and cheat loading.
you're* :)

no one said is gateway "exclusive" future, gatewayy doesnt even snes, im talking stargate, also, playing the roms from an cartridge is always more nice than installing and bothering with these cia things that take soooo slow to install.

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I won't pay more that $20 for one.
If they come from GW, those things are always ridiculously overpriced. Considering they use (most of the time) solutions developed by others and they get no income from every card being sold.

Edit:
This product comes from the same teams as Sky3DS junk, and the price is the very same:

Stargate 3DS 79.95$

Just looked on their resellers page.

Last edited by CMDreamer,

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what, does this run Sky style in that it runs 3DS cart ROMs in 11.5? And it has a DS flashcart inside it too?

Not gonna lie that sounds pretty neat. Except for the fact it's run by Gateway.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So what, does this run Sky style in that it runs 3DS cart ROMs in 11.5? And it has a DS flashcart inside it too?

That's what they seem to advertise but until the cart is actually out or tested by trusted reviewers I won't hold my breath. And the price is still ridiculous now that NTRBootHax is available.

Arck

Trophies
XP
Country

yes it does all of that, and it's not officialy runned by Gateway
(it's propably them, but no one is 100% sure)

Xathya

Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
didnt u read above posts saying its not gateway theme doing stargate tho?

if you read the first posts youd see that it isnt actually gateway theme, just the support or whatever. i personally dont think gateway would leave old users

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That's what they seem to advertise but until the cart is actually out or tested by trusted reviewers I won't hold my breath. And the price is still ridiculous now that NTRBootHax is available.
I honestly wouldn't put it past the Gateway team to have it boot into a low-key Luma CFW from the cartridge to achieve their goals.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
tbh I don't think they'd overcomplicate themselves. That'd be stupid. There must be technical reasons.

Honestly, I don't understand why they don't just have it chainload INTO WOODR4 firmware, mount the SD from there, and launch the roms with it's near-perfect compatibility.

Because it doesn't work like that. WoodR4 runs DS games from Slot 1 like they were intended to be run thus it doesn't have to do that much. What nds-bootstrap has to do in order to make DS games run from the DSi/3DS SD card is much more complicated and is far closer to the old M3 Perfect/Supercard flash carts that ran DS roms from the GBA slot. In fact, it is fairly similar to how Max Overload worked.

Unless you know of a version of WoodR4 for the Max Media dock or M3 Perfect or similar GBA slot flash cart.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wouldn't put it past the Gateway team to have it boot into a low-key Luma CFW from the cartridge to achieve their goals.
Ha, that would be fantastic!

Easy to use! All you need to do is insert the cart while the 3DS is powered off, place the included magnet according to our picture instructions and then hold Start+Select+X while turning it on! Enjoy your Stargate-3DS on any firmware! Super simple!

Xathya

Banned
Trophies
Website
knucklestheechidna.com
XP
Country
Australia
can we please stop dumping on gateway? their really not THAT bad, theyve done some scummy things (just like everyonne) and some good things (just like everyone) they dont deserve all that hate, and they wouldnt just flat in steal luma, maybe utilize parts of it, which to my know is completely fine since luma is foss and inside free licensing

Reactions: cvskid and nccom
Trophies
XP
can we please stop dumping on gateway? their really not THAT bad, theyve done some scummy things (just like everyonne) and some good things (just like everyone) they dont deserve all that hate, and they wouldnt just flat in steal luma, maybe utilize parts of it, which to my know is completely fine since luma is foss and inside free licensing
>steals arm9loaderhax and calls it gateway fastboot
>it's super unstable
>bricks competitor cards
>still doesn't have 11.4+ emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought r4 team was raided
oh well maybe some guys are still paying the factory
It's a different r4 team. There are like fifteen different ones.

Reactions: some1ne

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1