Hacking [NEWS] Atmosphere can now load HBL on all FW and Fusee to boot into OS soon*

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 107,277
  • Replies 258
  • Likes 93

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
notimp said:
You sir are a nitwit.

You (arguably, or at least partly) use the word homebrew incorrectly.
Your logic is faulty.
You give tips, that won' work.
-
Here is the logic loaddown for you.
CFW sits above the exploit layer as in "it gets loaded by an exploit". So it cant induce an exploit, without being loaded by an exploit. "But once it runs it can trigger exploit!" "Yes - and for it to run it needs to be launched by an exploit". Catch 22 ey?
So heres where we are "hardware assisted wise" - without talking about "modchips" - yet.
The pin shortening > boot to RCM thing has to be done on every (cold) boot.
Until someone does a still non existant kernel hack (people seem to be working on) to make it possible to trigger the exploit from just booting into RCM, you ALSO will need a powered device "talking" to the Switch over USB to trigger the exploit - to then launch into CFW.
We don't have Nintendos CFW signature keys - so we cant make CFW "look like" an official update, that you could just install over OFW, and make the Switch load it on boot, without exploiting the Switch first. After every boot.
RCM is the usb recovery menu - booting into it alone right now does nothing, you still need to exploit the device by talking to it via usb. Automating that step, so it can be done by the switch "alone" after you've talked to it via usb ONCE isn't trivial (where do you store this data that has to survive reboot (remember, this is before the OS (CFW) is loaded) - and also doesnt exist currently. although people say that they are working on it.

will this still apply?
anyone?

Last edited by Don Jon,

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you @SciresM and your team for keeping us informed. Theres lots of other stuff out there atm but you and your team were the ones who kept us up with all the good news and this is why i m waiting on you and your team to use your stuff, no matter what others release. Anyway, great work.

aut0mat3d

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I always want more leftovers -- once you've dumped/decrypted SYSTEM, run my leftovers finding script and DM me the output :)
Anyone can point me a little how to find/use the leftovers finding script?
Also do have a 4.01 dump (never booted to OS) and Bis Keys readout

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hey Scires, I just got a Switch on 4.0.1. Where can I find this leftovers script so I can try to help you in this way?
Anyone can point me a little how to find/use the leftovers finding script?
Also do have a 4.01 dump (never booted to OS) and Bis Keys readout
Send him a DM on Twitter, he linked me to it from there. I don't think he's publicly posted it anywhere, I had to ask for it.

Last edited by BelmontSlayer,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
Trumps dream game system for when hes not near his "missile button"

nah, we solved that problem Trump and Kim are meeting next month, and we setup a Switch at the de-militrayized zone, and they going to play a game of 1-2 Switch and see whom is 'fast draw' between the two, and then sit down and milk some cows together, the video will go viral reaching first ever 1 trillion views, and world peace will be here for the first time.

Reactions: Dread_Pirate_PJ

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
will this still apply?
anyone?
No, hardware hacking has become magic, and now grants you three wishes, so you can make it behave however you want.

Fusee Gelee is a tethered hack. Which means for now - and until it gets "replaced" (not likely - at least not short term), both a Jig (or a permanently shortened point 10 (which has its own negatives) and a powered device on the USB port after each and every boot - are needed. Unless you opt for some form of modchip (can temp short pin 10 and talk to USB internally).

Apparently people are also working on maybe replacing the prerequisite of having to tether a powered device via usb - but that lies in the future, after the first wave of releases (its in the "we've heard the efforts exist" stage).

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: renhei

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
nah, we solved that problem Trump and Kim are meeting next month, and we setup a Switch at the de-militrayized zone, and they going to play a game of 1-2 Switch and see whom is 'fast draw' between the two, and then sit down and milk some cows together, the video will go viral reaching first ever 1 trillion views, and world peace will be here for the first time.
Some people also are asking the question, how much of the Switch hacking effort was directly Trumps achievement - and I can assure you, it was all of it. (It has nothing to do with the historical fact, that international politics always change, when a state has required nuclear first strike capabilities.)

Last edited by notimp,

Tiwaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Once Atmosphere is out will we be able to buy/download games from the eShop again when on a lower OFW like 4.01?

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Once Atmosphere is out will we be able to buy/download games from the eShop again when on a lower OFW like 4.01?

No it will be cfw on emunand

You will be able to download them on cfw emunand. System nand will stay at 4.01 and emunand will be the latest

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Switch was hacked this quickly then clearly Nintendo fucked up really hard this time.
The opposite. The security on the Switch is far better than previous consoles. Not only did Nintendo do better, but it wasn't their fault that Nvidia's BootROM vulnerability existed. It was a combination of Nvidia dropping the ball and the console being popular enough to bring attention to hacking it.

Tiwaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No it will be cfw on emunand

You will be able to download them on cfw emunand. System nand will stay at 4.01 and emunand will be the latest

Thanks. That's what I hoped for, want to buy new games but don't want to update right now :) .

fenomeno0chris

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow amazing progress!
Thank you @SciresM and all involved devs out there.

I wonder why there are still barely any homebrews for the Switch. Firmware 3.0 already allows accessing HBL, am I right?
So shouldn't be there more things to come in that direction (new Emulators, Homebrew Games and Apps)?

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
The development of Atmosphere (CFW) is moving along at lightspeed. SciresM has posted a video showing the ability to redirect any launch request to the SD card. This means any app can be launched from the SD card instead of the intended one in the OS, allowing us to launch the HB launcher or other apps effortlessly. Although Atmosphere can't boot yet this functionlality should be possible within 1-2 weeks.

View attachment 121996

My Fap rate is now over 9000.

View attachment 121995

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o