Homebrew NewoEscape quick bug fixes 2020

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@niuus I know the game is set in space which has no air particles to create trails but adding trails makes the other npc ships look cool as the fly along beside your ship. Its mostly little things being added now to bring it completion. As you know homebrew is never done.
I concur 100%.

Reactions: Alexander1970

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Approaching another weekend and I am playing with the ideal of the game being motion controls ON by default. It would certainly reduce the barrier of entry for more causal players and the pros can always dig into the menu to find the option to disable it. What say you guys? good idea? I will upload a new beta late so you can test it out with wiimote motion waggle.

screenshot_20200429204225.png

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hey guys I am still here nothing much to show. mostly working on background stuff like bugs and random things disappearing. I noticed the loading time was getting a bit long so I changed the game to do some loading before the level starts rather than loading everything in game load. This creates a stutter before each new level but it should be bad. As I said I am working on boring backend stuff, lol. Anyway for those who haven't test the game yet it can be downloaded at the beta link above.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
The more I work on fixing these little bugs the more I realize how hard game development really is. Its easy if you just want to make a simple pixel death shoot the aliens kinda game. But if you want menus, different modes, sound effects etc you have to spend a whole lotta time just putting these things in place. I remember this but I had from years ago when you were on the main menu and you pressed the cancel button you see the game start then stop, then go back to the main menu. This happened because you were on the root menu and if you closed that you had no where else to go but back into the game. But if you went back into the game without clicking restart you are technically still dead so the game kicked you out again. This took me the longest time to figure out. But all this is just a part of gamedev.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
At this stage with the game engine and all the modes complete all there is to do is debugging.

* and in case you are wonder you can play the whole game in this debug mode by going into the debug menu and selecting the wireframe option. but I would not recommend it, lol.
screenshot_20200517021352.png
screenshot_20200517021025.png
screenshot_20200517020747.png
screenshot_20200517021314.png
screenshot_20200517020737.png

Last edited by newo,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Updated wiibrew with the new version of NewoEscape that I have been working on for the past 4 months?? Its a space junk dodging game for exclusively wii. https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Newo_Escape

The auto-update feature of the previous version seems to be totally broken but I am not sure if its just me. So everyone will need to download the new build enjoy.

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hello.:)

I hope you are ok and also your "Project".
Thank you for this awesome Game and your Time to make it.:)

I am ok, not working on any homebrew right now, mostly irl work and taking better photos for my blog. maybe in the winter I will work on something probably NewoDefence, Fox or something new I'm not sure, depends on how I feel. How are you doing?

Last edited by newo,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
You are welcome. This is just how I work. I jump in to the scene and I code for a few months straight then I move on to other totally different/ things so that I do not get burnt out. This is probably the reason I have been in the scene for so long.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)