newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
When the player dies; Should I include a "continue" option in the menu or just let the player start over from the beginning?

I am on the border on this issue. While some will start over and struggle to the end of the 20th level. Others might be discouraged after crashing into wall 3 time in a row.

Last edited by newo,
Reactions: Alexander1970

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
I was playing the game on hard over the weekend and the way I play I am almost always boosting through which makes its easy to mess up and crash and die. If you are playing on hard more you kinda get what you deserve right? because there is so much more stuff on the screen it is easy to miss judge something that looks like you can fly through it but but you end up mis-timing the maneuver and loose a heart.

There is alot of safe space in the stage for player to fly if they want to stay alive. But you get less points by doing this. So this is the balance I am trying to strike in the game with no shooting.

Last edited by newo,

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
This will be the last beta update before I publish this tomorrow (unless I think of something else to add); NewoEscape - so testers let me know how it works. also if you have dolphin or a WiiU let me know if it works on that as well. It has 20 levels and takes 22 minutes to pay through fully. There is hard, normal and a easy mode.

screenshot_20200417113148.png
screenshot_20200417143738.png
screenshot_20200417151011.png

Last edited by newo,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Hey,I can see my Name.:rofl2:
Your Game works great with the Wii of Course.:D
(Level 19)

P1360703.JPG

Works also great with the vWii.

I am sorry,unfortunately I have no Sucess with Dolphin:

00000000_2020-04-18_19-39-23.png 00000000_2020-04-18_19-39-25.png 00000000_2020-04-18_19-39-33.png 00000000_2020-04-18_19-39-48.png

Thank you.:)

Reactions: newo

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
@alexander1970 Did you die 1 stage before the end of the game? It ends at 20!

Ah Dolphin. It cannot find the files that it needs to load from the SD card. They say that you have to setup a "virtual SD card" in dolphin for it to work. But heh 2 out 3 is not bad! :)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@alexander1970 Did you die 1 stage before the end of the game? It ends at 20!

Ah Dolphin. It cannot find the files that it needs to load from the SD card. They say that you have to setup a "virtual SD card" in dolphin for it to work. But heh 2 out 3 is not bad! :)

Yes,only One to go...I know but I am looking forward to the Game.:D

Ok,that is good to know,I will try your Suggestion.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
@alexander1970

As I read it is not possible to run Homebrew Channel on Dolphin.Because it supports .dol loading directly.
So I can not start it from an Virtual SD Card.:)

So,I am sorry,I could not get a better Result with Dolphin for you.:)

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
That is ok. I think you can load the newoescape dol directly in dolphin without loading to the homebrew channel first but I am not sure.

Yes,this works.But as you see on the Pictures,I have massive Graphical Issues.I think maybe it needs some "Adjustements"in Dolphin since this is a Homebrew,but unfortunately I am not so familiar with the Emulator.:)

I will try some Settings,maybe I am lucky.:)

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
So i have 3 game modes; hard, normal and easy which are the same every play through. but now I want a 4th game mode that is like a rogue-like; different every restart. what is the most causal friendly name for the mode? RAND MODE? ROGUE? #gamedev #gamers

screenshot_20200418130548.png

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Didn't publish it last week. Decided to work on it a bit more during this slow work period. With the help of mr reaper I Added motion controls with the wiimote sideways. The option to turn it on is in the game menu. Still tweeking it to remove jitter but the beta has been updated and you can test it now.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Didn't publish it last week. Decided to work on it a bit more during this slow work period. With the help of mr reaper I Added motion controls with the wiimote sideways. The option to turn it on is in the game menu. Still tweeking it to remove jitter but the beta has been updated and you can test it now.
Hello.:)

That is always a good Idea,to take you Time and when it is ready it is ready.No Rush,no Hurry please.:)
Your Project -YOUR Rules.:)

Thank you for this great Game and thank you for your Time to develope it,my Friend.:)

Reactions: banjo2 and newo

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
@niuus I know the game is set in space which has no air particles to create trails but adding trails makes the other npc ships look cool as the fly along beside your ship. Its mostly little things being added now to bring it completion. As you know homebrew is never done.

Last edited by newo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k