OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I have an old slot 2 flashcard (an EZ IV) and I want to use it in NDS mode.
But newer NDS games don't work with the EZ IV official firmware. So I want to know if I can use an universal firmware (like Wood or someting) to make all slot 2 cards work with newer games.

Thanks a lot.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhhh with a pass me or something? far as I can tell there's no universal firmware for the slot 2 devices and Wood is for slot 1 r4 cards and its clones. Id suggest getting an ak2i or something more modern which has more support and wouldn't have to wait for patches that much, specially if u gona use it on a dsphat or lite and just use the eziv for GBA

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
There *is* no such thing as a universal firmware, even for Slot-1s. Wood works only on the original R4, and very few of its clones. YSMenu works for quite a number of carts, but most of them are DSTT clones (YSMenu was originally made for DSTT), and it works on M3 and Supercard only because the version of it that does has been specially modified to do so.

EZFlash IV hasn't been updated to run the latest NDS ROMs for years now. If you want to play them you will really have to get a new cart, as damedus has said above, I'm afraid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Creamy milk