Newbie and need help getting started

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Beamer3131, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009
  1. Beamer3131
    OP

Newcomer Beamer3131 Newbie

Canada
    Hello,

I am very new at this and need some help as I seem to be stuck!

So I'll first let you know what I've done up to this point. I have version 4.0 of the Wii software, and a 1 GB Kingston Mini SD card. I do not have a USB drive, I only intend on running apps through the card and discs.

1. I have Homebrew running on my Wii, I used Bootmii and Bannerbomb to get it going. Everything seemed to be going ok...I got the message for DVDx and that as well, I clicked ok to that..everything went smooth. Homebrew now appears on my wii as it's own channel.

2. I tried adding an app after creating an apps folder on my storage card. But Homebrew doesn't seem to recognize anything I put on my card. All I get is the bubbles and the 2 icons at the bottom right of the screen.

3. The Wii will still not play any dvd I put in. Is DVDX working or do I need to install it seperatley?

Ok...so...what do I need to do to get apps to run? Is it ok to re-format my card now and start over? Do I need to keep anything on there that relates to Homebrew or anything else now?

How do I get my Wii to read DVD's, etc?

How do I add apps to the memory card?

What software besides Imagburn do I need to run in order to "back-up" Wii discs and what do I need to do to get them to run on my wii?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    in the apps folder you can create another folder for every app. In these folders the apps have to be placed as BOOT.dol.
    Example: SD:/apps/mediaplayer/boot.dol

To play your dvds use MplayerCE (see wiibrew.org)
    To run backups, you need to install a cIOS and then use a backup launcher
    To create backups, use the DVD dumper, or a USB loader

3. Beamer3131
    OP

Newcomer Beamer3131 Newbie

Canada
    Thanks for getting back to me, I have a few questions still.

Which media player do you recommend?
    When installing an app to the SD card, when unzipping do I put all the files into a seperate app folder for each individual app? I am still unclear on that...and is it ok to format my SD card now before I start to add other apps?

If possible, could I have detailed instructions on what to do to get the software to back up games? I am very confused by this. A link to what I need or instructions would be great.

Posts merged

And what software enables DVD dumper?

4. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    MplayerCE - Media Player (once DVDX installed will allow DVD playback)
    Wii DVD Dumper Channel (dump games wirelessly from Wii>PC)

Also read this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835