Hacking New Vi crashes on bootup

fenixphlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, as by the post count you might notice I am new.

I have a problem with a new Ez-flash Vi I just bought. I first downloaded the newest Kernal, and firmware update from the website, put 3 games onto the drive in a folder called Games, and the system never got past "booting"

After a half hour of various arrangements I got it to start up when I had one game in the root, and the firmware update not on the card. Checking the settings I find the firmware to be V15 for the 805 hardware version. as far as I can tell, this didn't need to be updated, so I didn't bother.

However, after that first time it turned on, it has failed to do so again. any combination of games, in root, or folders, the system doesnt get past when the circles are spinning around, if I wait for another 30 seconds after it freezes, the upper screen glitches out.

I tried a few more combinations, Holding L starts a passme thing, but neither choice it gives me does anything other then freeze the system. Holding R has the spinning circles freeze in a different position, and if I let go of R after it freezes, the system starts up. Once it is up however pressing any button freezes it again.

I dont know if it is a hardware problem because it did start up completely before, I just dont know what could have caused the whole system to stop working like this.

Any help is appreciated.

fenixphlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have written on the little card in order is this:
Micro SD HD (I know this used to be a problem, and bought the Vi because it supported HD)
a 4 with a circle around it
4GB
C04G Taiwan
PNY

Thanks for any help. If I need a new card what should I look for? This is going to be a wallmart/Meijers/best buy run if I need a new one so anything I should look for on the package.

fenixphlame

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to the store today and went through their racks, an astounding number of the Micro SD cards here were of the same model number. I did find a couple SanDisc that were not however. One of which was a 8Gig that had a price mislabel for 14.99, I grabbed it.

after testing a few minutes ago, I can say for sure that this one works, thanks for telling me it was the card, and not something else.

Good job on the very helpful forum. Sorry I cant really do much to repay.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good.

BTW, there is still something wrong with those Taïwan microSD. You are not the only one to have reported that kind of problem.

Thanks for the feedback.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry but i buy from official kingston reseller, i dont have fake card, all have valid serial and packing.

it just a problem with ezflash because the microsd cards work fine in all other ds flashcards i sell.
can you tell me the solution to this problem? on the ezflash.cn forum you said there was a solution for this?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's a fake kingston Taïwan i was talking. No serial number printed on a kingston product is not normal and C08G is a Toshiba part number. Toshiba microSD are made in Japan, not Taïwan !
Now your Kingston Taïwan is labeled C08G also ?

The fact a microSD work on another flashcart doesn't mean it's not a fake.
It's just other flashcart use DMA mode that's all.

BTW, there is a solution already but in beta test so not yet released. It's a flash update.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, my kingston taiwan 8gb is labeled with C08G but it has a serial number.

my customers buy alot ezflash with 8gb so its not good for my business now, i hope the update come out soon.
your sales department asked me to return my stock of ezflash
frown.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't get fooled, i'm not from ez team.
wink.gif

I will ask them if beta test are finished on this flash upgrader.
Chinese holidays just ended so i think i will have the answer soon.

BTW, those C08G Taïwan are not legit for me. As i told you, C08G is a part number used on Toshiba product.
As far as i know Toshiba factories are in Japan not in Taïwan.

I could be wrong ... it happened ... sometime.
rolleyes.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I sent you a pm on ezflash forum, i have 200pcs ezflash vi and 8gb kingston taiwan that cant work together
frown.gif
please fix the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Nintendo should do a health PSA like that lol