loxolot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I had used an R4 card on my DS Lite, and enjoyed what it offered. Now, I upgraded to the DSi, and I was wondering what is a good (cheap) flash cart for the system. I have the latest firmware on my device.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Basic cart is the Acekard 2i which will do what your R4 did, but with updated compatibiliy and a better interface. These need updating for FW 1.4, so if you no longer have a DS Lite you will need it preupdated from a retailer such as ShopTemp. It's the cheapest of the DSi carts, don't touch any of the R4i carts as they are all clones and have very poor support/ compatibility.

Otherwise you have the more expensive DSTWO which also offers GBA emulation, Real Time Save and in the future SNES emulation and DIVX playback. You don't have to worry aboout the 1.4FW update on those.

In case you aren't aware, none of these carts can use the DSi enhanced features such as WPA2 or the Camera.

If you want to know more about the Acekard, there's a guide in my sig.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
Basic cart is teh Acekard 2i which will do what your R4 did, but with updated compatibiliy.

Otherwise you have the more expensive DSTWO which also offers GBA emulation, Real Time Save and in the future SNES emulation and DIVX playback.
What he said.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you a cheap, yet very useful cart with little features (no real time save, no slowdown option) then the Acekard 2i is right for you, for only about 15 bucks. (It still supports emulators and homebrew, though).

If you want more features, like GBA emulation, SNES emulation as well as a whole bunch of bunch of features, the Supercard DSTwo is for you, although it is a bit more expensive.

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell this to all you friends the R4 nowadays are knock-offs, clones, and fakes.Which will damage your system.
I recommend you getting a Acekard 2i, why cause basically there´s no original R4 nowadays they´re all just clones,rip-offs, and fakes which will damage your system. Also, Acekard 2i is an better flash cart which gets constant updates from the AKAIO team, and on top of that it works with 1.4 update, so go here: Acekard 2i this is GBATemp official shop website in which you will get an excellent customer service. Believe you will not be dissapointed with ShopTemp. You may also want to try the SuperCard DSTWO the new flashcart which includes: Almost perfect DS Roms Compability, RTS(so you can save the game whenever you want and then continue it there), In Game Guide(to be able to open walkthroughs, game guides and more), In Game Cheat(be able to use cheats while on game, Stylish GUI, and an antipiracy patch database, a GameBoy Advance Emulator.Also in future releases(which the team Promised): DivX/Xvid movie playback(which will accept many formats like .avi,.divx,.xvid, and many more instead of the troublesome .DPG video format which most flashcards just accept), Snes Emulation, and many more. And it also comes preflashed for 1.4.

PS: If buying an Acekard 2i put the AKAIO firmware, find it on GBATemp.net on the downloads Section, AKAIO is the best firmware avaible for the Acekard 2i.

Also, when your Acekard arrives(if you order it) follow this guide: Acekard 2i Guide Made by TK Saturn Made by TK Saturn to set up your acekard with the latest firmwares and update it so that it works with 1.4 update.

If you do not have an friend DS, DS lite or a DSi (on 1.3 firmware) a friend with one you may want to order in shoptemp a micro SD Card and Premium Update+Flashing Service so that it is ready to play outta the box.

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
As they all said, go get AK2i. I have 2 DSTwo for my kids, still I ordered 1 more AK2i yesterday. It's not because AK2i > DSTwo but yeah you know, I don't want them to spoilt the cart or even worst lose the cart while out from home.

loxolot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool beans.

Went ahead and ordered the AK2i. DSTwo looks great, but the only extra feature I would want is the GBA Emulation, and their site said it drains the battery power pretty fast.

Thanks for the help!

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
loxolot said:
Cool beans.

Went ahead and ordered the AK2i. DSTwo looks great, but the only extra feature I would want is the GBA Emulation, and their site said it drains the battery power pretty fast.

Thanks for the help!

You'll never regret buying AK2i. With AKAIO fw, it's among the best cart in the market (of course without the ability to play GBA games). Hope you'll enjoy your AK2i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.