New to 3DS Homebrews, need some help/advice.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Reiryuu, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Reiryuu
    OP

Reiryuu Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2015
    Taiwan
    Hello everyone.

I am trying to get a save game manager to work on my 3DS and need some help installing a homebrew.

I have an old school 3DS XL (Japanese version) and recently finally got it online, and went to the store to find Cubic Ninja, but it wasn't there. *sigh* but the store upgraded my firmware to 10.1.something-or-other. So I assume I will either 1) have to wait for a version compatible with this firmware comes out or 2) downgrade my firmware... which leaves the question of how I go about doing that.

Next comes the problem of which method to use. I can't use Cubic Ninja because I don't own a copy of it. And I hear other methods include games that I also don't have access to. (I live in Taiwan so not all games available in Japan/the US will be available here as well.)

I am also guessing that I'm going to need to procure a SD card reader to hook up to my computer, which is not that hard many stores carry them here. Or in a pinch I suppose I could put it in my phone and plug the phone into the computer that way lol.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks much.

2. Megalegacy98

Megalegacy98 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    United States