Hacking New Theme for EZ-Flash Omega!

scotdotwtf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love this mod of the kernel, it works great! the skinning guide was pretty good but it missed some minor things (like how for either large images or atleast just the splash and images in dark/light folder u need to export using v8.)
im working on a skin atm/mod of ur mod which makes it look all smexy. ill release later when im done but heres a quick preview. (ignore the fact u can hardly make out the pixels, i havent replaced my screen yet because they didnt deliver it yesterday! very annoying.)

test1.jpeg
test2.jpeg

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm suggesting a feature for the EZ-FLASH Omega and Omega DE to allow video and audio playback using Nintendo's official MP3 Player / PLAY-YAN software ROM.

The issue is that we'll need to find a way to patch the PLAY-YAN / Nintendo MP3 Player ROM for it to allow access to the EZ-FLASH's microSD slot.

Auyx

GBAtemp's Unofficial Sanic impersonator
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone able to get SimpleDE 1.3 to save any GBA games on analogue pocket? Games play fine and look like they are saving when starting back up but no save is created. Add on RTS doesn't work either so its kinda useless as is. Just wanna know if its just me.

After much headache it looks like the FAT table for my SD had become borked. Not a SimpleDE issue.

Post automatically merged:

i love this mod of the kernel, it works great! the skinning guide was pretty good but it missed some minor things (like how for either large images or atleast just the splash and images in dark/light folder u need to export using v8.)
im working on a skin atm/mod of ur mod which makes it look all smexy. ill release later when im done but heres a quick preview. (ignore the fact u can hardly make out the pixels, i havent replaced my screen yet because they didnt deliver it yesterday! very annoying.)

View attachment 404069View attachment 404070
@scotdotwtf This looks awesome. Any update on a release?

Last edited by Auyx,

spritanium

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something? I have an EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition. I follow the build instructions and I get a file called `omega-de-kernel-main.gba`, not an actual .bin file to flash. The instructions in the DE repository seem to be a duplicate of the non-DE ones.

EDIT: OK I figured it out, apparently the files in the github repo aren't what I needed.

Last edited by spritanium,

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to remember where to put the cheats in /SYSTEM/PATCH (?) and do i keep the CHEAT folder or just dump the .cht's into the PATCH folder?

also any way to remove the onscreen limit for roms or must i do multiple folders (I have a complete USA romset + a lot of pokemon rom hacks is why)

scotdotwtf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone able to get SimpleDE 1.3 to save any GBA games on analogue pocket? Games play fine and look like they are saving when starting back up but no save is created. Add on RTS doesn't work either so its kinda useless as is. Just wanna know if its just me.

After much headache it looks like the FAT table for my SD had become borked. Not a SimpleDE issue.

@scotdotwtf This looks awesome. Any update on a release?
Thanks! I still need to work on some bugs and stuff but maybe if I get a little break I could release it this weekend? idk lmao

Reactions: Auyx

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm suggesting a feature for the EZ-FLASH Omega and Omega DE to allow video and audio playback using Nintendo's official MP3 Player / PLAY-YAN software ROM.

The issue is that we'll need to find a way to patch the PLAY-YAN / Nintendo MP3 Player ROM for it to allow access to the EZ-FLASH's microSD slot.
Won't happen, the Play-Yan micro has dedicated Mpeg playback hardware chips and it's own audio output circuitry. The ROM is only half the equation.

pokefanatic_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, you guys know if this firmware is still getting updates? Watching Github, I think not sadly...

So are we sticking to this firmware last version, its Jagoomba version, and its way to load raw cheat codes that is terrible and never works?

Ive seen that DeadSkull is working on a .cht for GBA cheats from years, but we having no news from him...

I just got a modded GBA + EZ Flash Omega DE, it's fine for me to play without cheats and with these firmwares (last SimpleDE version without cheats because original cheats are horrible).

But maybe you are more expert and know if there's something new or still updated that i could use, instead of this.

Have a nice evening!

MetalGamer28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone have SimpleLight v3.7? I can no longer view the releases on Sterophonick GitHub page since it was archived on Aug 14, 2022 and I need to update my NON DE EZ Flash Omega cart. If anyone has the Dark SimpleLight v3.7 theme and can share it with me that would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT - Nevermind I found it! LOL

Last edited by MetalGamer28,

Xander_eight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the original firmware for a while now and was wondering if changing the firmware to this version will break anything. I like the rumble feature on gbc games and don't know if it still works on the new firmware.

Drwho0894

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if I did this right?
I got the SimpleDE.zip from OP and flashed it on my DE. I have SimpleDE 1.3.
Running Pokemon Crystal gives me the "This pak is designed for GBC." Just wondering if I screwed up somewhere.

Nvm figured it out after seeing a previous post.

Ramzeskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hi, guys! Can you help me with EZ Flash Omega's NOR Flash, please? I can't write the Mother 3 to NOR. Writing just stops on 255Mbit and nothings gone happen. I tried search information about it, founded only this thread (gbatemp.net/threads/ez-flash-iv-nor-problem.377071), but it's about EZ Flash IV. Omega has more NOR storage (64MB, how I know), game need 32MB. Why I can't write it?

Maybe it's a wrong thread for this question, but decided to ask here before start a new thread. Thanks!

cutrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello my R trigger is broken so I cant enter the flashing mode is their any way to assign another button?
Yes, recompile the changes in the source code and recompile. It's quite easy.

But a better and simpler solution would be to repair the R switch.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
@Sterophonick I need help with the PNG files, like SPLASH.png, MANUAL_EN.png, etc... No matter what changes I make to the images, they aren't compiled into my theme. I suspect it's their corresponding .h files, but I can't seem to create those manually. How can I change them?

cutrus

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
@Sterophonick I need help with the PNG files, like SPLASH.png, MANUAL_EN.png, etc... No matter what changes I make to the images, they aren't compiled into my theme. I suspect it's their corresponding .h files, but I can't seem to create those manually. How can I change them?

As I remember...

In the project directory, you should have the 'Grit' directory. Run 'Build Skin Files.bat'. Open Command Prompt, navigate to the 'image' directory, and run
Code:
..\Grit\Build Skin Files.bat

Alternatively, copy the 'images' directory to the 'Grit' directory, double-click on 'Build Skin Files.bat', and then copy the *.h files into the 'image' directory

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
As I remember...

In the project directory, you should have the 'Grit' directory. Run 'Build Skin Files.bat'. Open Command Prompt, navigate to the 'image' directory, and run
Code:
..\Grit\Build Skin Files.bat

Alternatively, copy the 'images' directory to the 'Grit' directory, double-click on 'Build Skin Files.bat', and then copy the *.h files into the 'image' directory
I figured it out, I needed to follow his instructions for the section that was detailing how to edit the icons, and applied those instructions to the splash screen and it worked. I used the picture of the box packaging that it ships in as the artwork for the splash screen:

https://gbatemp.net/download/colorsplashde-theme-for-ez-flash-omega-d-e.38551/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto