pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjamaster said:
bnwchbammer said:
You should update the main post to say able to run with the newest Neogamma with the SD patches (wip i think) without having to patch the ISO in any way.
At least that works for me...

Yeah, forgot to mention those, this is what happens to me: when I start Neogamma it says that Im not running on the ios249(which I cant install seemingly) but it starts anyway and Ive set the loader to "search for patches", but when i load the game it says "no patches found" or maybe it was "no patch found" dont remember exactly right now, either way, I still cant get the NSMB game to run properly.

Also, seems like I cannot install any Wad files, I get the ERROR! (ret = -2011) on all wad files. My wii has been modded with a wiikey2 for a long time, but its just now that Ive tried to install wad files. Ive looked around and some say that to stop getting the 2011 error you need to downgrade your system menu, is this the only way? Seems to me people are running homebrew in 4.1 with no problems.

Sounds like you are suffering from a lack of Trucha on your system. Either Trucha Bug Restorer or DopIOS Mod v9 should be able to assist you in this matter.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
just one question, i got this game working on cios rev 14 with the patched version of game using neogamma

will the game work same method but cios rev 13 a?

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
pinkshirt said:
Sounds like you are suffering from a lack of Trucha on your system. Either Trucha Bug Restorer or DopIOS Mod v9 should be able to assist you in this matter.

Thanks, I used the TBR, then I had no trouble installing the ios249. With that all set, the wad files installed correctly, so I tried some games, Contra Rebirth, Ocarina of Time and SMB64, I then moved them from the WiiHDD to the SD card, Contra launched and worked, but Zelda and Mario wouldnt lanch, Launch Error it said. The games wad pack I downloaded says USA, so I guess its some region related error.

As for the Neogamma, I still cant play NSMBW, and it still says: "No patch found". I put the wip files in the root of the Neogamma folder, isnt that correct?

GRIM.657

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
everyone is saying "use cios14" ... what about 15 ? does it work with the patched game ?
(sorry if already asked but i do not want to read 206 pages -.-)
15 should work. Rev 15 doesn't work with NeoGammaR8 though, which is what most people [I think] use. If you use SoftChip you'd be fine with rev 15.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjamaster said:
pinkshirt said:

Thanks, I used the TBR, then I had no trouble installing the ios249. With that all set, the wad files installed correctly, so I tried some games, Contra Rebirth, Ocarina of Time and SMB64, I then moved them from the WiiHDD to the SD card, Contra launched and worked, but Zelda and Mario wouldnt lanch, Launch Error it said. The games wad pack I downloaded says USA, so I guess its some region related error.

As for the Neogamma, I still cant play NSMBW, and it still says: "No patch found". I put the wip files in the root of the Neogamma folder, isnt that correct?

You can use StartPatch to remove the region restrictions for WiiWare and Virtual Console content from the system. Also, Trucha patch your system IOS (60 for 4.0/4.1 or 70 for 4.2) to help with the SD loading situation. If it's not Trucha patched, it can be quirky with some titles.

No idea on the neogamma issue, I've never used it!

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest Neogamma beta. But how do I install it? The readme file has no installation instructions.
Also, it says not to use it cios 15.
How do I know what cios I have?
What I have is wiikey, homebrew channel and 2 NTSC consoles with wiikey1, one is 4.1 and another is 4.2.
I want to play it on 4.1 from the disc.
I have both, patched and unpatched images.
Please, help!

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ninjamaster said:
Magus said:
i used rev 14 and neogamma 13 as suggested in the OP and it worked
Did you place the wip patch files in the Neogamma folder, or somewhere else?
this is quite weird... i did that but when i tell neogamma to search for patches it say "no patches found" but the game still runs fine
it's the patched version by the way

zman - you don't need to install anything,just put neogamma in a SD card and then start it with HBC,i'm not sure how to check about cios? if it works like usb loader,try to start up,if you don't have the right cios it will tell you that you need cios and then crash on you

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
pinkshirt said:
You can use StartPatch to remove the region restrictions for WiiWare and Virtual Console content from the system. Also, Trucha patch your system IOS (60 for 4.0/4.1 or 70 for 4.2) to help with the SD loading situation. If it's not Trucha patched, it can be quirky with some titles.

No idea on the neogamma issue, I've never used it!
Thanks for the headsup

QUOTE(Magus @ Dec 2 2009, 01:01 PM) this is quite weird... i did that but when i tell neogamma to search for patches it say "no patches found" but the game still runs fine
it's the patched version by the way
Guess Ill try another iso then

Tried different ISO ([Wii]New_Super_Mario_Brothers[NTSC][Fixed to work with disc on s ), this works for me in Neogamma, but just loading it into the system menu makes it turn black, so gotta load it when in Neogamma, kinda weird and annoying, because I gotta eject the disc before it loads again when i return to the system menu. Anyone else encountered this problem?

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Magus said:
you mean loading it from the disc channel? when i tried that i got a "this disc caused an error please eject blablabla" screen
Nah, got error at the second I inserted the disc, in the system menu, not even disc channel, screen just blacked out and got the message eject the disc and turn off the wii yattayattayatta... But it works fine when loading it in Neogamma, but with that black screen stuff going on in the system menu means I gotta be quick to eject it if I want to return from the game to the menu...

snowmanman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions. I am attempting a disk load of my own game (I'm paranoid about them breaking and I actually have backups of my favorite games
rolleyes.gif
) and am wondering:

-Which main.dol do I use to patch the .iso? There are two, one in partition 0 - UPDATE and one in Partition 1- DATA.

-How do I load the main.dol into Partition-O-Matic? There is only a space for ans .iso and a patch.

Thanks in advance.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you extract the main.dol from partition 1-DATA with wii scrubber and then load it in the program patch it and then replace the main.dol in partition 1-DATA with the one you've just patched

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GRIM.657 said:
Youkai said:
everyone is saying "use cios14" ... what about 15 ? does it work with the patched game ?
(sorry if already asked but i do not want to read 206 pages -.-)
15 should work. Rev 15 doesn't work with NeoGammaR8 though, which is what most people [I think] use. If you use SoftChip you'd be fine with rev 15.

Actually SoftChip doesn't work with rev15 either. Stick to rev14, it'll still work with the latest NeoGamma and the patches

snowmanman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
you extract the main.dol from partition 1-DATA with wii scrubber and then load it in the program patch it and then replace the main.dol in partition 1-DATA with the one you've just patched

Thanks. I forgot to have PPF Patch-O-Matic search All File types instead of just .iso's.

sKeEt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am so very tired of trying all these methods to get this goddamn game working. at this point I find it will be much easier to just buy the game. Jesus what a nuisance.

I don't understand how people got this working when I follow the exact same instructions and it still won't work. some people can even run an untouched Iso perfectly fine from the disc channel. Some people have actually got the game to load for at least 5 seconds before they get errors.

but no matter what I do my result is always the same. Wii restarts

this is totally not worth the trouble

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, finally got brave enough and decided to try the untouched ISO using Gecko and the cheat codes.
Was extremely easy to install. In Gecko Using Cheats: ON; Ocarina..wtf is Ocarina, LOL???
The game loads fine.
The question is...When the hell does it crash???

I don't feel like playing tonight so if I just idle in the game right before entering the first world and it is still fine after considerable amount of time, like 20 minutes, can I presume that it works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny